• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Preorder Thread

ryan299

so when I ordered for microsoft I charged most of the system to credit I had and the rest to my card. If i had more credit to my account will it take all of it or do I have to go change the way i pay? If I do have to change the way I pay will that put my to the back of the line?

linnu5

FYI for anyone that has preorder thru Microsoft Online Store.

Dell is selling Xbox Live credit for 10% off (Code: GAMEON). Ebates is doing a 10% cash back promo for Dell, so use that to link to Dell. You can alter the payment method of the Xbox preorder at MS.

I ordered $300 worth of MS bucks from Dell and got digital delivery for $270. Ebates gave me $27 cash back in my account pretty soon after the order. It should be possible to buy $500 worth of credit for $450 and get $45 cash back. Call up MS and ask that they hit the MS bucks before the credit card on the preorder.

PITA but save almost $100.

EDIT: Ebates fine print says that "gift cards" don't count for the 10%, but they did indeed credit me automatically anyways. Worst case they figure it out later and you only save 10%, but I've never seen Ebates pull something back after.

So If I buy 5 of these, I can use the credit on the MS online store for the One X pre order? http://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/acce...acd=12309198375458460&VEN3=812604088712303521

cluderi

Anyone got any headphone recommendations for the console that also work with Bluetooth?

Looking at getting an a2dp / aptX enabled 4K TV and wanted to try and find something that would support the consoles wireless headphone standard and also work with bluetooth wireless if I wanted to just use the TV and not the console.

I've seen the Lucidsound headset that's coming out (and it looks pretty good for the price) but from what I can tell it's not Bluetooth.

OCD Guy

Wasn't sure what thread to put this in, but the Xbox One X supports freesync right? But is that specifically FreeSync 2 or literally any FreeSync monitor?

I already have a freesync monitor so it'll be great if it works on that, otherwise I'll have to splash some cash buying one of Samsungs FreeSync 2 monitors, although they are quantum dot and support HDR10 so not all bad....

No kinect adaptor offer with X is bs Microsoft
It's a drag for sure. I guess the mindset is if you're willing to shell out $500+ for a console, you can afford the $40 for an adapter if you really want it. I had to replace my launch XB1 right after the window to get the adapters for free ended, making it sting a little more.

Wait, they are not offering one? I guess I have to find a second hand one now then.
Yeah, Aaron Greenberg confirmed it the other day.

Impulsor

Wasn't sure what thread to put this in, but the Xbox One X supports freesync right? But is that specifically FreeSync 2 or literally any FreeSync monitor?

I already have a freesync monitor so it'll be great if it works on that, otherwise I'll have to splash some cash buying one of Samsungs FreeSync 2 monitors, although they are quantum dot and support HDR10 so not all bad....

The new samsung monitors don't "properly" support HDR10 though, you need at least 1000 nits and good local dimming solution for HDR10 and these monitors only have 8 local dimming zones and a maximum of 600 nits while HDR is on. so the experience seems to be not quite as good as proper HDR.

I would wait to get an HDR monitor. I'd recommend you buy a 4k TV instead if you can.

Raide

It's a drag for sure. I guess the mindset is if you're willing to shell out $500+ for a console, you can afford the $40 for an adapter if you really want it. I had to replace my launch XB1 right after the window to get the adapters ended, making it sting a little more.

Damn, that's a little frustrating. Still use my Kinect, so having to hunt out and adaptor for it, is annoying.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
It's a drag for sure. I guess the mindset is if you're willing to shell out $500+ for a console, you can afford the $40 for an adapter if you really want it. I had to replace my launch XB1 right after the window to get the adapters for free ended, making it sting a little more.

I don't think that's the mindset. I think the mindset is MS wants to kill kinect, so making people pay for the adapter is one way to slowly stop people from using it.

I don't think that's the mindset. I think the mindset is MS wants to kill kinect, so making people pay for the adapter is one way to slowly stop people from using it.

This seems to be the correct interpretation. They did it as a courtesy for One S buyers so they could get people off the base model.

OCD Guy

The new samsung monitors don't "properly" support HDR10 though, you need at least 1000 nits and good local dimming solution for HDR10 and these monitors only have 8 local dimming zones and a maximum of 600 nits while HDR is on. so the experience seems to be not quite as good as proper HDR.

I would wait to get an HDR monitor. I'd recommend you buy a 4k TV instead if you can.

My main concern is freesync if I'm honest. I already have an oled tv (1080p unfortuantely) and I think I'm going to wait to see what happens with FreeSync 2 in tv's before I make another purchase, although I have been tempted by the low prices for the 55B7 recently.

As I said I already have a FreeSync monitor, so I'm hoping I can use that in the meantime. I don't suppose you know whether the X has support for FreeSync?

I've tried searching but it doesn't seem clear to me. Some sources specifically state FreeSync 2, while others say any display which supports FreeSync via hdmi, which is actually most FreeSync monitors. The only difference being if you use hdmi on those monitors FreeSync only works up to 72hz, which would be fine for the One X anyway.

I think the mindset is MS wants to kill kinect
What is dead may never die.

Beyond the adapters, Microsoft continues to sell Kinect sensors. Everyone agrees that the Kinect is basically dead already, but if the goal were to completely kill it, wouldn't step one be to stop selling the sensors in the first place?

Update from my brother who works at Mediamarkt in regards to the Scorpio Edition. Not the kind of news you wanna hear.

Turns out the PS edition is exclusive to the webshop. So if you have preordered it on their site, you're probably good. If you're like me that has preordered it in the store, you're shit outta luck.

MM will be calling their customers asking if they want to change that preorder into the standard One X. The PS edition is incredibly limited.

I'm keeping the preorder and we'll see because I can cancel it no problem and at the same time I'll be on the lookout for maybe a cool bundle, if that's gonna happen.

Hawk269

Has MS forgot that this is coming out in 26 days (as of today)? Seems really quiet without any new information or updates to anything. I am sure there are many like me that would love to see a glimpse of a few original Xbox One games running on the system or a few Xbox One games that have specific patches for the One X or even what a few 360 BC titles and how they perform.

Just seems with a new console 26 days out we would be seeing some marketing and MS getting things into gear to hype up the release. It just seems like things are very low key at the moment and at least around Gaf there seems to be a lack of buzz due to the absolute silence from MS.

Looks like a few more places are drying up on pre-orders. Better get them in if you want one on release.

That is a good sign for MS though. Seems preorders are going very well. Which is great because I didn't expect that at all to be honest.

But it's good news because I want them to do well, I want them to succeed.

Hesh

So is the MCC fixed now (I guess I would only play it for the single player at this point) and it does include ODST now right?

I think you only got ODST for free if you had MCC from launch to a specific window. I picked up MCC with my GoW Xbox One S last year and ODST costs me $4.99 extra.

linnu5

Looks like a few more places are drying up on pre-orders. Better get them in if you want one on release.

That sucks. I was really hopping that the pre order would go back up on Amazon.

I'm not from US, and that's the only place that I know that I can order using my international credit card without any issues.

That's why I was hopping that XBOX Live gift card method worked on the MS online store.

I'm thinking Forza 7 will be the first game I boot up to play in 4K glory.

I'm looking for other ideas (Witcher 3?). What are the first few games you guys will boot up to play?

I'm looking for other ideas (Witcher 3?). What are the first few games you guys will boot up to play?

Forza to show off the graphics, but I’ll be playing AC Origins primarily for a bit. Titanfall 2 will be next since it’s on EA Access, likely followed by Shadow of War. No idea how I’m going to fit Odyssey in between all this.

FN-2187

Probably Forza Horizon 3 because I have spent the most time playing that of any of the games getting an X patch. I figure that would be a good test to see if I am blown away or if I wasted $1600 on a 4K TV and an Xbox One X.

No need for games to support it. It's automatic.

Yeah, the game has to have an uncapped frame rate, which is very rare in console gaming. If the only use would be a 60 fps game with frame dips, we’re not talking some mind blowing experience, freesync or gsync. I mean, better than none, but a slight and rare benefit.

Hawk269

It is kind of hard to determine since MS has not really revealed much and we are about 3 1/2 weeks out. With that said, Forza 7 probably will be the first one I boot up followed by Halo Wars 2 and then The Witcher 3. If MS and or devs release details that can change. Ones I want to know more about in detail:

The Witcher 3
Project Cars 2
Ghost Recon Wild Lands
The Division

There are a ton of others, but those are my top 4 other than Forza 7 and Halo Wars 2. I hope we get some details soon as this utter silence from MS is rather odd.

Orca

Yeah, the game has to have an uncapped frame rate, which is very rare in console gaming. If the only use would be a 60 fps game with frame dips, we’re not talking some mind blowing experience, freesync or gsync. I mean, better than none, but a slight and rare benefit.

Man, better not tell these guys they've been overselling it a tad.

ViciousDS

Banned

Plus with most first party games being a locked 30 or 60 most of the time.....you are not going to get to many that probably use it for another year or so. Especially when most X games at launch will just be X patches like the Pro had.

I spent too much money on my LG C7 to want to dive into a freesync monitor for minor improvements. Now if I couldn't get locked frames on my PC......easily worth it.

MrBenchmark

Just finished playing forza 7 at Microsoft store on the One X it’s super crispy I’ve never seen a racing game on console this gorgeous.

Probably Forza Horizon 3 because I have spent the most time playing that of any of the games getting an X patch. I figure that would be a good test to see if I am blown away or if I wasted $1600 on a 4K TV and an Xbox One X.

I’m sure it will look great, but I imagine Forza 7 will be more impressive.

AmyS

I bit off topic, tho not really.

Skyrim SE is listed as an X1X Enhanced game. Lets assume the X1X version looks and runs about the same as it does on PS4 Pro. Native 4K / 2160p or 1080p with supersampling. And of course 30fps, not 60fps.
Yet because this is still Xbox One family and there are less restrictions on mods as there are on PS4 family, wouldn't the X1X version be the definitive console version of Skyrim by default, having access to more mods that do more graphically than on PS4?

ViciousDS

Banned
I bit off topic, tho not really.

Skyrim SE is listed as an X1X Enhanced game. Lets assume the X1X version looks and runs about the same as it does on PS4 Pro. Native 4K / 2160p or 1080p with supersampling. And of course 30fps, not 60fps.
Yet because this is still Xbox One family and there are less restrictions on mods as there are on PS4 family, wouldn't the X1X version be the definitive console version of Skyrim by default, having access to more mods that do more graphically than on PS4?

Easily, I'm going to say Xbox is easily the home of Bethesda even if Sony nab dlc exclusive content because of their more open stance on mods

Just finished playing forza 7 at Microsoft store on the One X it’s super crispy I’ve never seen a racing game on console this gorgeous.

Were you at Oakbrook tonight too? I was there and had a good time trying it out. I agree, the game looked incredible :) Can't wait for mine to come in.

Top Bottom