• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Preorder Thread

Luschient

Man, Costco has the Minecraft Bundle One S on sale right now for $180 (in the store at least)...really trying to determine if the X is worth over $300 more than that.

Went ps4 so far this gen but ready to grab an xbox.

OCD Guy

Man, Costco has the Minecraft Bundle One S on sale right now for $180 (in the store at least)...really trying to determine if the X is worth over $300 more than that.

If you’ve got the money then get the X. At the very least you'll have a console for the best multi platform games. Otherwise unless there are exclusives you like or your friends game on Xbox you’ll have less reason to use it.

Completely unrelated but I hope the X is quiet. MS has done well with noise levels this gen so I hope it continues. All PS4’s have been like hairdryers.

KaoticBlaze

If you’ve got the money then get the X. At the very least you'll have a console for the best multi platform games. Otherwise unless there are exclusives you like or your friends game on Xbox you’ll have less reason to use it.

Completely unrelated but I hope the X is quiet. MS has done well with noise levels this gen so I hope it continues. All PS4’s have been like hairdryers.

lol just out of curiosity do you guys who complain about the ps4 noise levels play with your tv's on mute or something? If mine is noisy i honestly couldn't tell you. My ps4 sits on the TV stand under the TV and soundbar so i wouldn't even be able to hear it making any noise.

Leonidas

lol just out of curiosity do you guys who complain about the ps4 noise levels play with your tv's on mute or something? If mine is noisy i honestly couldn't tell you. My ps4 sits on the TV stand under the TV and soundbar so i wouldn't even be able to hear it making any noise.

My gaming is done at my desktop setup so the PS4 Pro is pretty close to me. It's fans are annoying when they ramp up.

Hawk269

It depends. If you want a system that will have the best console version of every 3rd party game then the Xbox One X is the one you want. If you want a UHD player, both the S and X will do.

As far as if it is worth the extra $300.00 only you can make that determination. Like I posted above, if you want the best 3rd party games, then the X is the one to get. If that is no concern to you then get the S.

Hawk269

3 MORE WEEEEKS!!! :D

Yup!!! Most stores around me are doing Midnight Openings so it is going to be fun going to one of those.

Still waiting for the MS marketing machine to start it's engine though...A little odd being 3 weeks out and basically we have heard nothing out of MS for a bit.

Has Jez said anything more about that SDK that all games need to go through. From his old article he said that is the final SDK prior to release and all games need to be authored with that SDK. Just curious if that has already happened?

Oddly, I am really looking forward to Super Lucky Tales. lol.

Calvinpewpewpew

Neo Member
Yup!!! Most stores around me are doing Midnight Openings so it is going to be fun going to one of those.

Still waiting for the MS marketing machine to start it's engine though...A little odd being 3 weeks out and basically we have heard nothing out of MS for a bit.

Has Jez said anything more about that SDK that all games need to go through. From his old article he said that is the final SDK prior to release and all games need to be authored with that SDK. Just curious if that has already happened?

Oddly, I am really looking forward to Super Lucky Tales. lol.

If stores are doing midnight openings and have extra project scorpio stock, I am dumping my terrible amazon preorder and rolling over to best buy.

Mideon

My gaming is done at my desktop setup so the PS4 Pro is pretty close to me. It's fans are annoying when they ramp up.

Add me to the list. One of the main reasons I’m getting an X is I’m hoping it’s quiet like the S. The Pro is so off putting when the fans ramp up.

Add me to the list. One of the main reasons I’m getting an X is I’m hoping it’s quiet like the S. The Pro is so off putting when the fans ramp up.

I sit 6 feet away and my Pro ramps up too. My loudspeakers drown it out reasonably enough but I am hoping the X is silent like my og Xbone is.

Cancelled my pre order today. There just isn't a great deal I need to play this holiday that I can't live with on PC. Just getting a Switch instead for now and will get the X next year for cheaper when Red Dead comes out. These things won't hold their price for long.

Cancelled mine too. I have a ridiculous backlog of digital games I bought in sales on both PS4 and Xbox One in the past. So for now I used the money to get a vanilla PS4 and XB1S

I also have memories of the XB1 dropping in price when sales didn't turn out how MS wanted so not getting burnt again.

Cancelled mine too. I have a ridiculous backlog of digital games I bought in sales on both PS4 and Xbox One in the past. So for now I used the money to get a vanilla PS4 and XB1S

I also have memories of the XB1 dropping in price when sales didn't turn out how MS wanted so not getting burnt again.

Yeah unit sales for the X are bound to crater once the holiday season is over and all the early adopters have bought it. It's too pricey and there's too much competition, and it being the 'best' console won't mean much at this stage of the generation. My bet is you can get one for $399 by summer 2018, even if unofficially. Or some very good game bundles.

I ran tests on the WD My Passport external harddrives and they ran faster than the Seagate Expansion harddrives. I can't find any other external harddrives that run at 7200 rpms with a read speed of over 181.

Was surprised to learn that the xbox has zero problems using these as they are not powered by a ac adapter.

OCD Guy

If you had a loud one you'd hear it without muting it.

I think noise levels are always hard to gauge online as there are so many variables, room size, seating distance, ambient temperature, background noise, individuals hearing and more importantly tolerance level.

Often you'll hear someone say "Mine is completely silent", that's not true. No device with a fan is silent, even a Noctua fan is audible lol.

Anyway there are PS4s out there that are so loud you can hear them from a different room, they are clearly faulty. Even the normal ones for me are louder than I'd like, yes they'd be inaudible sitting 6 feet away with volume, but on a desk a foot away they're audible. The worst thing about the PS4 fan is the frequency and also the way the rpms vary so much. The Xbox One in comparison is whisper quiet and the fan rpm stays constant regardless of load, unlike the PS4 fan that goes from one extreme to another depending on load,

Anyway I'm hoping the smaller size, and more power doesn't result in more fan noise with the X. Time will tell....

AmyS

Guys, any guess as to when we'll see more of Metro: Exodus?

It's been 4 months since the E3 reveal. It's one of my most anticipated games and should be at its console-best on X1X.

oDuxeH7.jpg

Sure, but I need more hype.

Yeah the lack of marketing and hype is a bit strange. I'm not worried but hype and excitement is all part of it. It's not a new gen or anything, so that kind of hype isn't needed but still. How did Sony do this with Pro?

Guys, any guess as to when we'll see more of Metro: Exodus?

It's been 4 months since the E3 reveal. It's one of my most anticipated games and should be at its console-best on X1X.

Hell yeah! I loved 2033 and LL and this looked fantastic. I have no doubts about Exodus.

I think the PS4 Pro hype train started a couple of weeks before with units getting to journalists and such. It wasn't a big marketing push from what I recall.

I am expecting a larger launch from Microsoft for the Xbox One X.

JeffG

Better.

My 4gb external arrived today so I'm feeling a little more hyped now.

Need an ad, trailer, teardown or release surprise to top me off.

4????

lol I got my 8TB last friday. Waiting for the new XBox Update so I can do a "Select All" to copy everything to the new drive

im_dany

Better.

My 4gb external arrived today so I'm feeling a little more hyped now.

Need an ad, trailer, teardown or release surprise to top me off.

I suggest you to get a bigger one, you won't fit much in 4gb :D

I'll have to go from 2tb to 4tb, I'm sick of deleting games, but I'll have to wait for more money.

FN-2187

I really wish MS and Sony would just copy the Nintendo Direct format. It's the best. I would love an hour long Xbox One X direct with Phil (and others) giving lots of details/info on stuff like:
- Specific details on which patches will be available for launch (we have the official list of supported games, but which patches will actually be ready on Nov. 7)
- Side-by-side comparisons of the more anticipated games
- Unveil some surprise previously unannounced games getting patches (e.g., if something like Overwatch is getting one, and what the improvements will be)
- The date and initial list of games for OG BC
- Specific details/examples of what the improvements will be for 360 BC games and Xbox One games without patches (I know we have general information on this, but no specific examples of stuff like how much faster the load times are or side-by-side screens of how much of an improvement the 16x AF will be in practice)

AmyS

Hell yeah! I loved 2033 and LL and this looked fantastic. I have no doubts about Exodus.

I have no doubts either. I just hope it's Q1/Q2 2018.

3 weeks left till graphical bless :)

so close!

I think the PS4 Pro hype train started a couple of weeks before with units getting to journalists and such. It wasn't a big marketing push from what I recall.

I am expecting a larger launch from Microsoft for the Xbox One X.

Yep, and Xbox One X is much more important to Microsoft than PS4 Pro is to Sony, at least outwardly.

bill0527

I really wish MS and Sony would just copy the Nintendo Direct format. It's the best. I would love an hour long Xbox One X direct with Phil (and others) giving lots of details/info on stuff like:
- Specific details on which patches will be available for launch (we have the official list of supported games, but which patches will actually be ready on Nov. 7)
- Unveil some surprise previously unannounced games getting patches (e.g., if something like Overwatch is getting one, and what the improvements will be)
- Specific details/examples of what the improvements will be for 360 BC games and Xbox One games without patches (I know we have general information on this, but no specific examples of stuff like how much faster the load times are or side-by-side screens of how much of an improvement the 16x AF will be in practice)

Would love to see this. Have they announced if those titles will be on the Xbox store? Or do I have to start hitting garage sales, pawn shops and amazon marketplace?

I'd really like to see a tabbed version of a revamped Xbox Store with tabs for Xbox One, Xbox 360, and Xbox titles.

Oh and Ninja Gaiden Black better be on that list.

Ferny

That would be awesome!

Raide

Will be good to start getting all those games updated and patched sooner than later. Everything moved to my new external HDD, so I need to get those patches done Asap!

I suggest you to get a bigger one, you won't fit much in 4gb :D

I'll have to go from 2tb to 4tb, I'm sick of deleting games, but I'll have to wait for more money.

I don't have many games so I'm good. I also have a 2TB that I can use. The kids are getting the S in the loft room but their stuff will fit on the internal.

Couldn't afford the jump to 8TB in the UK. Got a 4TB for £99 and had some amazon vouchers to set off against it so a decent price.

Hawk269

100% agree. Plus...
* Load time improvement
* Install speed improvements
etc.

sam777

I noticed you can buy this off the dashboard paying with Xbox credit. If you can get discounted credit you can make a decent saving.

I don't have many games so I'm good. I also have a 2TB that I can use. The kids are getting the S in the loft room but their stuff will fit on the internal.

Couldn't afford the jump to 8TB in the UK. Got a 4TB for £99 and had some amazon vouchers to set off against it so a decent price.

They're teasing you because you wrote 4GB.

ReitStuff

I haven't really been following along too closely. What seems to be the consensus about launch? Will I be able to just go pick one up on launch day or will I need to snag a pre order if I want one?

Bickle2

Xbox has weekly podcasts and video pieces. Check majornelson.com. They’re also on YouTube, mixer, and twitch I believe.

Nintendo Direct is what they do because it’s 100% controllable, much more easily produced in multiple languages, and because their E3 keynotes tended to be awkward, painful and sometimes outright embarrassing. Plus these are lots cheaper.

I don’t think even they have the information on what patches will be available, as they still have to clear certification, and are likely to pile in last minute. The only game I’ve found, I’m in the alpha ring, to have the Scorpio assets already downloaded is a Shadow of War as of the weekend when I spot checked.

The BC information is likely being held for some kind of just before launch info dump. As far as X1 games without patches, , it entirely is determined by how the game is programmed. For example, if there’s s 30fps hard cap in place, you’re not getting more.

Off topic but is there a thread discussing Xbox Live Rewards. They switched over to Microsoft Rewards and I received my payout but I want to see what's up with the planned changes.

splattered

Crap! I have 5tb external that is about 74% full already.. Didn't even think about the extra space 4k textures will take up on my external. What model 8tb is everyone going with?

Would be nice if Microsoft implemented those space saving techniques for their games I seem to recall reading about not that long ago haha

Ferny

Off topic but is there a thread discussing Xbox Live Rewards. They switched over to Microsoft Rewards and I received my payout but I want to see what's up with the planned changes.
Xbox Live Rewards are still available. They revamped it recently.

Rewards.xbox.com

Xbox Live Rewards are still available. They revamped it recently.

Rewards.xbox.com

Hmm. Maybe this is just a Canadian thing. They are repackaging it all under Microsoft Rewards. I am not sure we even had Microsoft Rewards in Canada before. They ended Xbox Live Rewards at the end of September and said the new program would start up under the name Microsoft Rewards at the start of November.

https://rewards.xbox.com/en-CA/faq/

If it switches for your region just switch it to "en-CA" in the url.

I thought this was across the board but I guess not.

Rewards Credits vs. Points: Xbox Live Rewards uses Rewards Credits, while Microsoft Rewards uses points. While the equivalent value between the two is the same (1 Rewards Credit = 1 point), the way you can use your earnings, the amount offered for various actions and purchases, and how they will be delivered to you is changing.
Tiers: Xbox Live Rewards has a large number of ongoing offers open to its member base, and also offers the additional opportunity to earn up to 10% back for members with a MyVIP Star Rank. To learn more about Tiers in Microsoft Rewards, click here.
Deposit Frequency: With Xbox Live Rewards, once you had at least 5,000 Rewards Credits pending in your account, your Rewards Credits were automatically converted into your local currency and deposited into your Microsoft account on a scheduled date. If you had over 1,000 Rewards Credits but had not yet reached the 5,000 Credit trigger, you could request a deposit for the next scheduled deposit date. These deposits routinely happened on the 2nd and 4th Thursday of each month, with any earnings from having a MyVIP Star Rank being deposited by the 15th of the following month.
Redeeming Rewards:
With Xbox Live Rewards, any earned Rewards Credits were converted into your local currency and deposited into your Microsoft account. Once Rewards Credits were deposited into your Microsoft account, they would no longer appear in your Xbox Live Rewards account balance on MyRewards, but instead would show up as actual money in the ”Money & Gift Cards" section of your Microsoft account home page. Once deposited, that cash could be used to buy any digital content in the Xbox Store, Windows Store, or Microsoft Films & TV, and would be applied towards your purchase just like a gift card balance would be during the check-out process. You then had up to 365 days from the date of the deposit to use this balance or it would expire.
With Microsoft Rewards, your points will be added to your Microsoft Rewards account balance and can be redeemed for the items listed on the redeem page of the Microsoft Rewards site, which include Xbox gift cards, Skype Credits, Xbox Live Gold subscriptions, charitable donations, and more.

What about MyStats, MyAchievements, and my VIP Badges?
Unfortunately you will no longer be able to access your Xbox Live Rewards MyStats, MyAchievements tiers, or your VIP Badges.

I wonder if they plan to make this change in other regions.

FN-2187

Xbox has weekly podcasts and video pieces. Check majornelson.com. They're also on YouTube, mixer, and twitch I believe.

Nintendo Direct is what they do because it's 100% controllable, much more easily produced in multiple languages, and because their E3 keynotes tended to be awkward, painful and sometimes outright embarrassing. Plus these are lots cheaper.

Yeah, but I want a big info dump in a single, nicely produced video. Something that gets you informed and super hyped, like a good Nintendo Direct. I don't want to track every MS PR channel for little scraps of information here and there. I subscribe to the Xbox Youtube channel; that should be enough. They haven't posted any significant new information on Xbox One X since E3.

Top Bottom