• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Preorder Thread

Lgndryhr

Get the Pro then. Don't get something you don't want.

I play the Xbone once in a while. Got the Gears 4 Xbox One S (was my first Xbone) and for some reason Gears 4 disappointed, but FH 3 hasn't. Love that game. My son plays the Xbone more than me and he mostly uses it for BC. The PlayStation is my primary console this time around instead of Xbox which was my primary last generation. I have a blast with my Switch too, but I don't see it as competition to the Xbox and PlayStation. It is not that I don't want it, but I don't feel excited about it or blown away. The PS4 Pro doesn't blow me away either hence why I haven't gotten one either. Will probably just wait for next generation of consoles unless one of them dies before then. Or may upgrade the latest and greatest, but not jump in at launch of next generation. This generation has soured me some due to how they have handled things.

TLZ

Banned
Preordered from MS store Australia. I have more than 2 months to think about it plus watch reviews and findings etc. At least got one reserved which is safer than being sorry.

Halabane

Preordered from MS store Australia. I have more than 2 months to think about it plus watch reviews and findings etc. At least got one reserved which is safer than being sorry.

I think a lot of people are doing this. Right now for me it's a forza box, probably Halo (just because of history) and BC. Rest I play on PS or PC. If it wasn't for JRPGs on PS I think I would be back just on PC. As you said next few months to decide on whether its worth continuing with them.

Syrus

Banned
There will definently be pre orders for the notmal edition soon.

No way its out of stock from here out.

Just crazy my GS only had 16

Thought about doing the same but I don't own a 4K HDR TV, so that's causing me to wait a while. Plus $649 is brutal as fuck, though expected.

I'll definitely get one eventually though, but I wish they had a version without a controller. I already bought an elite, I don't need another normal one -_-

???? Edit: Oh, backward compatibility. I was trying to think of a game with BC as the acronym lol.

My Xbox is for basically everything that isn't a PS4 exclusive. I don't really game on my PC that much because my mates are on Xbox.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
There will definently be pre orders for the notmal edition soon.

No way its out of stock from here out.

Just crazy my GS only had 16

Here is my theory:
All first shipment is Scorpio editions.
That would mean any who want the normal console wait at least 2-4 weeks post launch for a second shipment.

Hawk269

I pre-ordered as soon as they were live on Best Buy. I am not sure honestly why I did. Will keep the pre-order for a little while. Would really rather have a PS4 Pro.

If you want/rather have PS4 PRO why did you pre-order a Xbox One X? PS4 PRO are readily available and you can enjoy it now. Not sure why someone would pre-order a X1X if the rather have a PS4 PRO.

Here is my theory:
That would mean any who want the normal console wait at least 2-4 weeks post launch for a second shipment.

I'd bet there's only maximum 100k of these Scorpio editions and at launch there will be many more regular editions available.

I don't think it's going to sell out at that price.

I guess there's no data yet, but is this a limited first run to possibly increase demand or is there that much interest in this?

Interest?

This footage was taken from one of the XB1X gamescon booths...

giphy.gif

Fredrik

Preordered! And no info about it being sold out yet here in Sweden so hopefully I'll get the Project Scorpio edition.

I'd bet there's only maximum 100k of these Scorpio editions and at launch there will be many more regular editions available.

I don't think it's going to sell out at that price.

I'd bet closer to 250k in the US. We can reasonably estimate that gamestop alone about 40k just for they 4434 us locations. Not counting what they have for the online store.

Hawk269

Here is my theory:

No way that is happening. MS are going to have a massive amount of marketing around the X1X...no way they will do they have all that marketing and not have any for people walking into stores on Nov. 7th. I think they decided to make the Scorpio Edition truly a limited edition console opposed to the past where you could find limited editions for months on end.

One of the GS managers I spoke with said that they most likely will do pre-orders for the non-Scorpio edition at some point.

Just had a chat to my local ebgames here in Australia , just a suburban store but they are only getting 3 scorpion editions, the stores have their allocations and any extra numbers they receive will be for online orders.

Not only that, but he thinks they will only get about 10 standards editions on day 1 and they will receive small shipments every week or so.
My store has about 25 pre-orders.

So glad I pre-ordered ages ago, Scorpio edition locked in.

nikos

Preordered a Scorpio Editon from Target. They actually delivered with the Switch, so I sort of trust them. You can save $25 by using your Red card.

I have a capable PC, and a One S for 4K blu-rays that's never really used, so there's not much reason to own this, but I'm a sucker for new hardware.

Pantz

Wonder if retailers were reluctant to order a high quantity or if they could only manufacture so many in this time frame?

Lucifon

Can I buy a bunch of Xbox store credit and had use my balance on the UK MS store now? Would take off about 30 quid almost.

TheKeyPit

Banned
It's Bestseller #1 in the category "Games" on Amazon.de (Whatever that means)

I just saw that the description says "Textured Grip" for the Controller. That's great.

Cartho

It's Bestseller #1 in the category "Games" on Amazon.de (Whatever that means)

I just saw that the description says "Textured Grip" for the Controller. That's great.

That's the standard grip. The awesome rubbery grips on the elite and certain others are called "rubberised diamond grip" on the box.

Mask

I'm guessing these aren't so limited in the UK? I snagged one from amazon earlier after randomly checking, not even sure if it's worth buying one since my Xbox One has kinda been in stasis since a few months back, but I figure it's not so bad to keep a preorder in reserve in case I do end up wanting one. At the very least, I could hand it off to someone else later instead of cancelling.

It seems like the "Scorpio Edition" is not a game exclusive, Amazon UK has it listed as well but no option to pre-order yet. Might cancel my order with Game and go with Amazon instead.

Anyone based in Spain had success pre-ordering via MS store or Amazon yet? MS store lets me click on the order button, but it glitches out when I go to complete the order and says my cart's empty.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
It seems like the "Scorpio Edition" is not a game exclusive, Amazon UK has it listed as well but no option to pre-order yet. Might cancel my order with Game and go with Amazon instead.

I ordered from Amazon last night, so presumably the lack of an option right now is the result of preorders filling up.

I'm still not convinced I want the Scorpio Edition, nor that I want it day one at all, and I'm probably not the only one. So I'm sure some of these will reopen over the next few months.

munroe

It never was a game exclusive, and Amazon have already sold out, which is why you can't pre-order it

Only the super limited Scorpio edition. The regular X isn't up yet.

Yeah I saw. I might have to keep the order now. It comes out while I am on holiday in Orlando, Need to see if I can get it delivered to one of my family members address or get DPD to drop it off at my local DPD pick up shop which is only 20 seconds away.

It's available for preorder on the Dutch Xbox site too but it's unclear to me if they charge right away and i really don't want to be missing 500 euros from my bank account when i press ''afrekenen'' they charge right away huh?

Top Bottom