• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Preorder Thread

Carileph

Neo Member
Another Amazon UK guy here. Just contacted customer support and spoke to THREE people, last being supervisor. All of them told me they didn't have the item, and that I wouldn't get it. This is despite me preordering the Scorpio Edition on 28th September, and money taken from card (or at least preauthorised). No mention of this from Amazon previously, and if I actually check the console on my account, it says 'dispatching now' for delivery 'before 8 pm Tomorrow'. Took day off work tomorrow and everything. So angry I could cheerfully kick a kitten through an electric fan. Hppe others have better luck than me!

Kitoro

Are all future releases from 2018 and beyond guaranteed to run to the full available potential of the hardware on the One X?

A game like Kingdom Hearts III could really push me over the edge to get one of these, as I want to experience such a massive and beautiful game on the best possible hardware. That said, with as quiet as S-E has been on the Xbox One version of the game, it makes me wonder if it will even noticeably better than its PS4 counterpart.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Are all future releases from 2018 and beyond guaranteed to run to the full available potential of the hardware on the One X?

A game like Kingdom Hearts III could really push me over the edge to get one of these, as I want to experience such a massive and beautiful game on the best possible hardware. That said, with as quiet as S-E has been on the Xbox One version of the game, it makes me wonder if it will even noticeably better than its PS4 counterpart.

If anything I think at the bare minimum you'll get higher resolution. Higher assess and quality settings are really what's up in the air from game to game.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Went to GameStop to “finalize” my order or whatever that meant. Saw the box, watched the guy put it in a bag. Now to wait five hours.

nemisis0

Well, now my order says dispatched! This is quite the emotional rollercoaster...

I was just about to say that if it says dispatching now it probably will and the Amazon reps have no idea what they are talking about :) at least you have yourself an x now

Carileph

Neo Member
I was just about to say that if it says dispatching now it probably will and the Amazon reps have no idea what they are talking about :) at least you have yourself an x now

Lol, so now it says 'preparing to dispatch' on main screen, and 'dispatched' when you click on it. I'm guessing Amazon is just borked at moment. Luckily i vented earlier, so now don't care so much. I will when i wake up though!

JP

My amazon.co.uk order is on the way now, should be here tomorrow sometime.
Ah, come on Amazon!!

I know that it's 1:37 AM in the UK but mine is showing as being within 50 miles of my home right now, it could be here in an hour.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
My amazon order shipped but using amazon own shipping. At least it’s showing local so should arrive tomorrow, brothers shipped ups next day so his will be as well.

Getting read for the X, moved all my games to my portable drive. Guess I’ll reset my Xbox one s in the morning.

sunofsam

Microsoft charged my visa friday, and printed a label /tracking saturday. But it's been "waiting for UPS Pick-up" ever since. ** edit it does not say US in the tracking, so maybe it is coming from ontario. Still, can't see this showing up by tomorrow, given I'm on east coast of Canada and there isn't even a single destination scan yet =
Same boat bud. NB, "shipped" from MS on Nov 4. Ready for UPS since then. Says Kentucky on the tracking app.

This stinks. I spent extra for next day delivery only to get an email confirmation that may Gamestop order was ready to be picked up by UPS since last Thursday. Nothing has changed since then. :/

Weevilone

This stinks. I spent extra for next day delivery only to get an email confirmation that may Gamestop order was ready to be picked up by UPS since last Thursday. Nothing has changed since then. :/

Yeah that's how my MS order looks.

I have a backup at Best Buy for pickup, but I need to update the payment method due to a CC fraud incident. Was wanting to just let that one go, but...

Anyone know if RE:7 has a Patch yet for One X? And if that Gold Edition coming on Dec 12th is going to be a hard copy or just a Download?

Reason for asking WalMart has RE:7 on sale for only $25, was thinking about heading there after picking up my Scorpio Edition from Best Buy tonight.

VCALMLIKEABOMBV

Neo Member
I switched my Scorpio edition for the standard X1, so hopefully someone can pick it up tonight at my Gamestop tonight. I didn't care for the green font on controller or console. I did like the blacked out buttons on controller. New poster here, longtime lurker.

quest

Not Banned from OT
My package from Amazon has not been updated since Sunday. I hope it comes in the morning since the wife should be home.

Spasm

There were about 20 people at my BB. Stacks behind the counter had about 75 consoles, 50 of them with names on them. A walk-in tried to get a Scorpio, but they were all spoken for.

Not bad for a relatively small Midwest town.

Zurick

Banned
c9kpOX2.png

This is ridiculous

I never preorder consoles online anymore, I don’t have the patience for it. Plus my anxiety would get the better of me not know if I was going to get it or not.

Argos has plenty in stock for any UK gaffers.

Lucifon

What the hell 6:49am and my console didn't get dispatched by Amazon yet. Still sat on dispatching now. Anyone else?

VCALMLIKEABOMBV

Neo Member
I got to my local Gamestop here in Branson, MO at 10:55 pm. There was a line of 12 people. I would say the majority of them were getting the Scorpio ed. I changed my mind and got the standard X. I do have to say after seeing pictures of the Scorpio that it looks really good!
So far the install process has been painless. I am pulling my games off my external hd right now. Backing up the X1S made it really easy to get started. I am glad I did that before.
I think we will see the full potential of the system in the next 2-4 months.
It is amazing how small the system is with so much power. It is heavy, but small. I hope everyone enjoys the X, IMO it will only get better an better.

Not only is mine out for delivery and will be here tomorrow, me complaining about the changing delivery dates and being told i wouldnt receive the X at all... I got 120$ in gift card credit through Amazon.ca. so i got 20% off the canadian price before taxes.

VCALMLIKEABOMBV

Neo Member
I hope that amazon, best buy etc. get things straightened out for everyone who ordered and are having problems now. It is unacceptable to fuck up orders that people have been counting on. IMO at the VERY least they should do free overnight shipping an include a free game or gift card. This is a 500 dollar plus tax system. I wish the best for everyone who is waiting.

VCALMLIKEABOMBV

Neo Member
Out of curiosity how many did they have on the floor? Thinking of running to Walmart to buy one.
I think if you go with the standard edition, which is the version I got you will find them in store. Not sure about the Scorpio. Walmart might be a good place, I believe my Gamestop had extra standard to sell.

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Well I would like to say thank you (READ: Fuck you) to Amazon UK, who, after having this pre-ordered since the very second they went live, have now told me that I wont be getting one, that they have had ZERO stock of them, and that Microsoft have let them down by not sending anything.

Which is just bloody lovely, as I can't get one ANYWHERE.

Also, its been dispatching since yesterday morning, and they have took the money. So I can't get one even if I wanted to, as I don't have the money.

GREAT STUFF.

Why am I a Prime Member again?

Triteon

I just picked my pre-order up from EB Games. The line wasn't massive so i was in and out in about 10 minutes. They didn't even try to upsell me!

Lucifon

Well I would like to say thank you (READ: Fuck you) to Amazon UK, who, after having this pre-ordered since the very second they went live, have now told me that I wont be getting one, that they have had ZERO stock of them, and that Microsoft have let them down by not sending anything.

Which is just bloody lovely, as I can't get one ANYWHERE.

Also, its been dispatching since yesterday morning, and they have took the money. So I can't get one even if I wanted to, as I don't have the money.

GREAT STUFF.

Why am I a Prime Member again?

Wait what - they don't have stock?!

I preordered within minutes and mine is still dispatching. I spoke to customer support who told me it's likely just not updated on the system and it'll be with me today.

Top Bottom