• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Preorder Thread

JP

I do hope you people having issues manage to sort them out, I'm surprised at how much of a hassle it's been as I've never had any issues with amazon.co.uk.

It's probably going to annoy the hell out of people but checking my Scorpio order, I didn't order it until the 3rd October and I've just received it. I've no idea how they allocated these things but it does seem really crappy for people.

OCD Guy

I've no idea how they allocated these things but it does seem really crappy for people.

It's based on fulfilment centres.

Regardless of when you place an order if the item is in stock at a fulfilment centre closer to you then you'll get the item sooner.

You can see the same principle happening with any items on the website, for example you might be looking at an item that shows "6 in stock order within 5 hours for delivery tomorrow"

Then later on it shows "5 instock" with no delivery date mentioned, and when you put the item in your basket it shows expedited and delivery within 3 days. What's happened is there was only 1 item instock at your fulfilment centre to have received next day delivery, but the website shows total Amazon stock.

So what's happened with the X is some people are shit out of luck and the closest fulfilment centre didn't have enough stock, so they have to rely on a different one, which means delayed delivery. There's no priority with the date of an order, it's priority for people who have a fulfilment centre closer to them.

Just received my Very order..ordered a standard and got sent a Scorpio....not actually sure to open it!

I think you're ok to open it, it's not as though the item was more expensive. You paid the exact same. It would be different if it was more money.

yankee666

Still nothing. Not even a tracking number. This console release was a mess for Amazon. In this case the Spanish one (Amazon.es)
Now that i checked they pushed back my shipping date to november 28 WTF

f@luS

More than a member.
Got mine from amazon (fr)

Didn’t care about Scorpio or not but I NEED that vertical stand so it’s all good.

Updating

OCD Guy

Not sure how someone manages to start a fire with no one noticing, there are cameras everywhere, and staff are monitored, literally their every movement. They need permission to go to the toilet. Anyone in the UK ever see the documentary on Amazon when that guy went undercover? I'd hate to work there, that's for sure. Treat their staff like pieces of shit.

If the fire was started maliciously then whoever did it is an arsehole, it effects innocent people (I don't mean specifically customers waiting for items). What if they had killed someone too? Luckily no one was injured

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Me and my gf has ordered from the same place in Denmark, hers has arrived to the destination and she got an sms saying it’s ready to pick up, but I’m still waiting for a message!

The struggle is real I can hardly wait.

US here, having a Scorpio edition shipped within Washington State only a few hrs from Amazon HQ you'd think I would've automatically been guaranteed to get mine on the 7th. Nope. Was listed as arriving on the 9th as of earlier today (on the 6th). So, I get on chat, nicely complain to the CSR. No dice...am told I'll get it when I get it. I was persistent tho and stayed very nice, eventually hinting that I'd have to return the one Amazon sends me and buy one at Costco tomorrow. Within about 30 seconds the CSR tells me she'll put a rush order on the item...no guarantee that I'll receive it in time...but they'll try... And here's the kicker... She offers me a 20% discount to boot.

So, yeah, Amazon totally screwed up on this launch but have to say their customer service came thru for us this time. Not a bad deal to get the Xbone X for $100 off the MSRP.

Tall Paul

When did you preorder?

Apparently mine was sent to the wrong Royal Mail depot and will now either be delivered tomorrow or Thursday.
A while back in September mate, oddly enough mine got sent out with the wrong delivery person but our postie knows us so she tracked it down. Hope yours turns up soon!

Mines still says shipping label created but says expected delivery today like why it hasn't updated! So i would know if its coming or not so I can try to buy one in store If it not coming today smh.

PaNaMa

Banned
Not a great start to my relationship with Microsoft. Preordered day 1. Console shipped 3:00am EST, TODAY. They shipped it ON day of release, with destination spanning 2 countries. Traveled from Kentucky to Quebec over night, and won't be in Newfoundland until tomorrow at least. =\

Scheduled Delivery:

Wednesday, 11/08/2017 , By End of Day

Mirabel International Airport, QC, Canada 11/07/2017 6:57 Departure Scan
11/07/2017 6:24 Arrival Scan
Louisville, KY, United States 11/07/2017 4:32 Departure Scan
11/07/2017 3:06 Export Scan
United States 11/04/2017 20:31 (ET) Order Processed: Ready for UPS

sunofsam

Not a great start to my relationship with Microsoft. Preordered day 1. Console shipped 3:00am EST, TODAY. They shipped it ON day of release, with destination spanning 2 countries. Traveled from Kentucky to Quebec over night, and won't be in Newfoundland until tomorrow at least. =\

11/07/2017 2:40 Export Scan
United States 11/04/2017 20:51 (ET) Order Processed: Ready for UPS

Looks like mine - except its heading to New Brunswick.

Like WTF - why wasn't it shipped yesterday?

Still no change from :Order Processed: Ready for UPS".

I guess preordering from Gamestop months ago turned out to be useless after all.

PaNaMa

Banned
11/07/2017 2:40 Export Scan
United States 11/04/2017 20:51 (ET) Order Processed: Ready for UPS

Looks like mine - except its heading to New Brunswick.

Like WTF - why wasn't it shipped yesterday?

Sorry man, i feel your pain =\

sunofsam

Sorry man, i feel your pain =\

And I yours. I had been contact with MS Store a number of times; guaranteed me it would be here today. To just wait for shipping notification. blah blah blah.

I'm going out to Best Buy this morning and picking up a standard and refusing delivery. If I had real convictions I wouldn't even be buying one, but I'm not that strong.

Lort

Banned
Got my xbox one x, had to select hdmi 2 enhanced mode on tv before i got eye burning HDR.

Looks freaking great!

Lucifon

Still nothing from Amazon UK but them assuring me it'll arrive today. I mean if it does then wow, but come on, there's 3 hours 30 left until we close - I'd say it's very unlikely it'll arrive in that time frame if it's yet to even be dispatched.

Customer support just seem to reiterate it'll arrive today, when everything points to that not being the case.

What was Microsoft thinking, all the normal Xbox One X also got sold out in the country where I live.

Don't worry, they were lying when they said demand was "high" so just keep looking. /s

That sucks for you. You EU? I have a feeling they stuffed the lines into NA and UK to be honest.

Achillias

Don't worry, they were lying when they said demand was "high" so just keep looking. /s

That sucks for you. You EU? I have a feeling they stuffed the lines into NA and UK to be honest.
They should have know the demand where high enough to produce accordingly to the standards which they estimated it for.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Both me and my GF finally got ours, but there’s already a 780 ish mb patch. I wonder what it does.

Miljinor

So Best Buy hits me with a shipping delay until December 7th, even though I preordered August 20th and they're saying they can't even cancel it. Fuck Best Buy, never again. I'm going to have to get PayPal involved now just to get my money back. So glad I managed to get one ordered from Target at the last minute.

Unity2012

My MS order is finally out for delivery. I'm off today. I have the external HD loaded with the enhanced games, backed up settings, ready to go; now the last leg of the wait begins.

I really hope everyone gets theirs today or this week. It will happen.

Oddly enough the status at UPS went from "waiting to be picked" to "out for delivery today". Someone's asleep at the wheel with the UPS updates it seems. Either way, good times ahead.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
My MS order is finally out for delivery. I'm off today. I have the external HD loaded with the enhanced games, backed up settings, ready to go; now the last leg of the wait begins.

I really hope everyone gets theirs today or this week. It will happen.

Are you UK or US?

EDIT: US I see...

Mine just arrived, set up, now updating.

One very minor thing. The power cable is much shorter than the OG Xbox cable/brick combo, which means it won't reach where it plugged in previously.

Luckily I have a spare socket that is reachable.

Just an FYI particularly those who have big entertainment setups you may need some kind of extension.

munroe

Mine just arrived, set up, now updating.

One very minor thing. The power cable is much shorter than the OG Xbox cable/brick combo, which means it won't reach where it plugged in previously.

Luckily I have a spare socket that is reachable.

Just an FYI particularly those who have big entertainment setups you may need some kind of extension.

Aren't they all standard power cables though? If like me you hoard cables, should have one that matches and is of a decent length

Top Bottom