• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Preorder Thread

Night.Ninja

Banned
My Scorpio edition from finally arrived after being told by amazon uk it was out of stock, ended up getting delivered by Royal Mail.

Hopefully you amazon customers receive yours today

Weevilone

I chose a delivery window with UPS to try getting this early rather than their usual 8PM crap. No idea why my stuff comes so late now.

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Mas just updated with a Royal Mail tracking number, and telling me it will be with me TOMORROW.

To say I'm angry would be putting it mildly.

vypermajik

Best Buy pre-order here. Finally got any movement in shipping Tuesday morning around 12AM EST. It shipped via from Louisiana to Orlando and is now out for delivery. Talk about cutting it close...

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Fed Ex says my Scrorpio Edition was at my local faculty at 0530 this morning. Shipped from Target Monday. Should be here today then. Pumped.

ColEx

Amazon chat guy is telling me Amazon are waiting for a response from a email they sent this morning, that doesn't accept email replies. I then tell him that the 2 other Amazon peoples i spoke to told me that my order will be dispatched and delivered today, and i would receive my order by tonight. He then tells me that sorry that you received false information from those agents, here is a £10 voucher because you're a prime member...

Not sure if i should just cancel the Scorpio Edition and just go for normal with double discount from my where i work.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
I'm out of time, got stuff to do that I've been putting off all day so gonna have to leave the house in a bit.

ABeezy1388

Mine says "Shipped Monday November 6th" but it doe not say its out for delivery according to Amazon's tracking info page. Atop the page it still says "arriving today by 8pm". So hopefully I still receive it today. Craving to finally play some Forza 7!

Soulja

Amazon chat guy is telling me Amazon are waiting for a response from a email they sent this morning, that doesn't accept email replies. I then tell him that the 2 other Amazon peoples i spoke to told me that my order will be dispatched and delivered today, and i would receive my order by tonight. He then tells me that sorry that you received false information from those agents, here is a £10 voucher because you're a prime member...

Not sure if i should just cancel the Scorpio Edition and just go for normal with double discount from my where i work.

I've spoken to two amazon agents and they've both told me it's out for delivery and one even said he has rang the driver and told them that my delivery is a priority... Obviously bs.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I've spoken to two amazon agents and they've both told me it's out for delivery and one even said he has rang the driver and told them that my delivery is a priority... Obviously bs.
The most frustrating thing about Amazon is the full of shit, pathological liars they call customer service.

Just got my order in from Amazon. I hope everyone who is having issues, gets your resolved. I only have issues with them when the order comes delivered by their terrible Amazon delivery people. Never had issue when an item is shippied via fedex, ups or usps.

Reading the last couple of pre-order threads it seems like Amazon has had huge issues of delivering stuff on release date? Is that something new or otherwise Amazon wouldnt be so popular among pre-orders.

AmyS

Oh fuck I just woke up!

I just realized that I've done nothing with my Xbox One S for a few weeks, I've got to get it ready to trade in at GameStop for that $150 credit towards my 1X Scorpio Edition. I have to make new passwords for my XBL accounts and delete my CC info... what else should I do? I've got everything for the Xbox One S, its all in almost new condition, even the box. I've got my GameStop PowerUp card or whatever that I've never used, I got the Pro membership since I pre-ordered back in August. I did call GameStop yesterday and asked about the coupon, but was told they can do that in store. I am so unprepared!

Brewing a pot of coffee. Any important reminders as I get the One S ready before I head to GameStop?

Edit: physical games I have for Xbox One and Xbox 360: Gears 4, Skyrim Special Edition, Red Dead Redemption GOTY Edition.

Digital games: Battlefield One and some digital-only games including Raiden V.

I know I'm getting Forza 7. I have Rise of the Tomb Raider and TitanFall 2 for PS4, but want both for X1X.

Chitown B

Oh fuck I just woke up!

I just realized that I've done nothing with my Xbox One S for a few weeks, I've got to get it ready to trade in at GameStop for that $150 credit towards my 1X Scorpio Edition. I have to make new passwords for my XBL accounts and delete my CC info... what else should I do? I've got everything for the Xbox One S, its all in almost new condition, even the box. I've got my GameStop PowerUp card or whatever that I've never used, I got the Pro membership since I pre-ordered back in August.

Brewing a pot of coffee. Any important reminders as I get the One S ready before I head to GameStop?

What? Just reset it. Everything will be deleted. Just make sure you know your username/password.

EvB

Oh fuck I just woke up!

I just realized that I've done nothing with my Xbox One S for a few weeks, I've got to get it ready to trade in at GameStop for that $150 credit towards my 1X Scorpio Edition. I have to make new passwords for my XBL accounts and delete my CC info... what else should I do? I've got everything for the Xbox One S, its all in almost new condition, even the box. I've got my GameStop PowerUp card or whatever that I've never used, I got the Pro membership since I pre-ordered back in August.

just back up/upload any pictures and videos you like.

you can just format the console before you take it in, nobody will be able to access your account.
Make sure no discs are left in it

NullZ3r0

Banned
I like how all of the important older games look better. It's almost like Resolutiongate never happened.

Phil Spencer and company actually pulled a do-over disguised as a new console launch.

ColEx

I just canceled my Scorpio Edition through Amazon, tired of being messed about. I ordered through my work instead with double discount, £90 off £449.99.

Only bad thing is its not Scorpio Edition.

Meh3D

Just cancelled my order. After speaking to customer service I was told my order was still slated to be delivered on launch day (today.) Turns out my order would not be delivered today. The problem apparently was my payment method. I had updated my address on my payment method with Amazon a couple of months ago and have been ordering just fine. I had to revise my payment method with this order and I did. Just for some reason this pre-order would only allow the payment method I had at the time.

Anyway, found that out this morning. I just cancelled it.

Have fun with your shinny new XBOX ONE X'es! (If you got them today. :D)

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Just cancelled my order. After speaking to customer service I was told my order was still slated to be delivered on launch day (today.) Turns out my order would not be delivered today. The problem apparently was my payment method. I had updated my address on my payment method with Amazon a couple of months ago and have been ordering just fine. I had to revise my payment method with this order and I did. Just for some reason this pre-order would only allow the payment method I had at the time.

Anyway, found that out this morning. I just cancelled it.

Have fun with your shinny new XBOX ONE X'es! (If you got them today. :D)

I'm confused. So your package wasn't arriving on time so you canceled it?

Update from amazon uk.
Console finally dispatched. Amazon fucked up big time!!!!

I will be asking for a compensation as this was totally not acceptable.

Console coming all the way from Gourock, Inverclyde, UK .... WTF?

My ms order still shows as processing even tho I was told it was day one delivery for project scorpio so I went ahead and ordered a project scorpio a few minutes ago from amazon wth same day delivery let’s see what happens.. my GameStop order is showing notshipped and I have not yet been charged for any of the orders, not sure what’s going on but I traded in my one a few days ago and couldn’t even apply the credit without canceling my order and replacing which was a no no since I’m scorpio so I’m just sitting here waiting for the first unit to arrive and will return the rest

Lucifon

Update from amazon uk.
Console finally dispatched. Amazon fucked up big time!!!!

I will be asking for a compensation as this was totally not acceptable.

Console coming all the way from Gourock, Inverclyde, UK .... WTF?
Inverclyde here also which is nowhere near me.

Orcus

Ugh, I canceled my Walmart pre-order last night because they weren't going to get it in until the 10th! I ordered via their pre order page in August. Plus my local Walmart received none for launch day. I live in a college town FFS. Amazon will have it here tomorrow.

I canceled my Amazon preorder for the Best Buy one which supposedly shipped. Almost 7pm and nothing. Should I expect a cancellation notice soon?

OopsAllBerrys

Neo Member
Ordered from Target on August 21st, it shipped this past Sunday, has an estimated delivery date of 11/14 via FedEx; Texas to Maryland. That is ridiculously slow shipping. Never will I order from Target again.

Chitown B

still nothing. says by 8. it's 7:45. This is why I hate Amazon delivery. There are no updates and no service center to get it from. I'm at the whim of some uber driver.

Top Bottom