• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Reverse Teardown Video

for those who are also into this stuff and missed it on the Xbox daily show
Video Link

PCB
DCPHQ5NW0AEbIcC.jpg:large

massive copper base
DCPID3LXoAQtdeb.jpg:large

anti vibration mounting for the HDD
DCPImxpWsAEfQjM.jpg:large

Fan
DCPJnvOXgAAz13a.jpg:large

Power Supply next to airflow
DCPJ60tXoAESOpW.jpg:large

shielding complete
DCPKvPKXkAAwJvH.jpg:large

bottom on
DCPLRktXUAA8aA2.jpg:large
https://twitter.com/aarongreenberg/status/874688492600557570

enjoy!

Gorgeous build. Microsoft has really been nailing it with the internal hardware design lately.

Shame about the internal drive, but that's been the case for Microsoft consoles forever.

MrBenchmark

loved watching this the internal i believe is 7200RPM too. I'll still use my external raid 0 and my ssd that i use now, I only install apps on the internal.

They did not show the reverse side of the motherboard, so far the only shot I have seen is this one.

xbox-one-x-exploded-7928-012.jpg

I want to see what flash module they are using with Xbox One X.

Shin

Banned
Microsoft has come a long way with designing consoles, they did a great job with Scorpio.
No space wasted, I can't wait to see the heat levels and/or screenshots with temp measurements.

Adam_802

Its good to see MS so proud of it's console design. Its a real marvel of electrical engineering. 1st MS console since 360 designed with gamers in mind from the ground up.

Interesting the APU is actually smaller than the original xbox one. Dat eSRAM.

3mm² it's basically the same

No liquid cooling?

the liquid in the vapor chamber is their "liquid cooling"

Isn't a "reverse teardown" just an assembly? LOL

i used teardown, because that is a well know term for this kind of videos
and i didn't come up with the right word immediately
yeah it's an assembly video

could also call it revers disassembly video, lol

Yes, but they called the whole thing Scorpio too.
this video was shot before the E3 conference

MS has definitely stepped up their game when it comes to designing hardware. I guess the surface devices had a hand? I remember the original XO being really ugly, large, and unsophisticated. Impressive stuff.

gamz

MS has definitely stepped up their game when it comes to designing hardware. I guess the surface devices had a hand? I remember the original XO being really ugly, large, and unsophisticated. Impressive stuff.

And it took awhile. The first couple of Surfaces weren't even that great. They have refined their game in a short amount of time.

Am I the only one that thinks that looks like a tiny fan for the amount of heat the system needs to dissipate? Wonder what the noise levels will be like.

LQX

I have to say I did not think much of it at first but seeing how simply designed it is, is very impressive. Almost no space is wasted and I cant see it getting smaller unless they get rid of the blu-ray drive. They must save a ton on manufacturing it.

They still call it Scorpio in the video.

I wonder how late the name was.

At fanfest they were saying the higher ups only knew the name a couple weeks ago. Less time for the majority of people I bet.

Lots of them still slipping and calling it Scorpio (me too).

ghibli99

Videos like this make my brain happy... and yet I still chuckled when he said, "This is the largest package we've ever used."

There's gotta be balance in the universe to maintain order. :)

Kaydan

Banned
Loved this. Thanks for sharing OP.

Can I get confirmation that the HDD is in fact 7200rpm? It looks like a 5400rpm drive from the form factor.

Top Bottom