• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Scorpio Teardown and Reassembly (LinusTechTips)

Adam M

https://youtu.be/Y_Ii8mU3x7E

lIbOXRx.jpg

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Where does the console get cool air from?

i.e Which side are the intakes, cant really see from the Fan shroud where cool air comes from.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
looks very small, vapor chamber cooling? the internals look absolutely miniature and comparable to PS4 slim despite being way more powerful, how is that possible...

Alienous

Microsoft have really made a lot of progress with hardware over the years - I'm guessing that the tablets & laptops helped inform the Xbox One X efficient use of space. It looks really neat - it's what a gaming console should be.

jfoul

Really nice video.

I've been building PCs since 98, and I really appreciate how the Xbox One X is efficiently put together. Not only is it compact, it's also really easy to tear down and re-assemble. Elegant simplicity.

how much cost will vapor chamber add to the console? first time hearing and watching about it with the bonex reveal and the techquickie explanation

hell, why dont high end laptops use it?

wanted to add as well, they did a fine job at MS. super easy to assemble and disassemble.

snap

Banned
how much cost will vapor chamber add to the console? first time hearing and watching about it with the bonex reveal and the techquickie explanation

hell, why dont high end laptops use it?

wanted to add as well, they did a fine job at MS. super easy to assemble and disassemble.

cuz it's expensive and requires more R&D to design it than a traditional cooling apparatus

presumably it's used here so that they don't have to burn much space on a large fan.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
MS must have put billions into R&D on this thing to make it so small packing such power. the engineers should be proud

poodaddy

Holding out for a 2TB version before I upgrade from my 2TB XB1S, but that is one sexy console.

I'm doing the exact same thing; I'm hungry for the X but I just can't part with $500 for a 1 tb model in good conscience. As soon as they announce a 2 tb or even just increase the size of the flash partition I'm all up in there.

I would hope, for optics sake, that they learned from their Day One mistake and they will only make enough Scorpio Editions to fill pre-orders.

Well, if they don't, I'd be happy with a credit of some kind.

Amazon re-opened up Xbox One Day One preorders the day or two before release date, and oversold by quite a bit. They weren't able to fulfill some, including mine, but gave $50 in credit. Not horrible.
MS must have put billions into R&D on this thing to make it so small packing such power. the engineers should be proud

No joke, this console is really beautiful. You need to see it in person!

The Microsoft Store had one on display playing Forza 7 at University Village in Seattle.

I'm doing the exact same thing; I'm hungry for the X but I just can't part with $500 for a 1 tb model in good conscience. As soon as they announce a 2 tb or even just increase the size of the flash partition I'm all up in there.

You can always get 2TB external hard drive for the One X off Amazon for only like $60, basically for the same price of a game. Yea that's extra cash to spend but thats also a hell of alot of extra space for the money, and it's always good to just have one laying around (especially if your a big gamer) no matter what console you own.

Top Bottom