• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X will be 399$ from November 18th to 26th.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2018/11/10/black-friday-deals-2018/#nnn

The holidays are almost here, and Xbox is back this year with our biggest Black Friday sale ever There will be loads of deals on Xbox consoles and accessories, Xbox Game Pass and Xbox Live Gold, and must-have games, including the lowest price ever for Xbox One X at $399.99.* We’ve got all of these and more exciting offers for our fans around the world, so get ready to jump in!

Games play best on Xbox, so we’ll be offering a $100 discount on select Xbox One consoles from 11/18 through 11/26. Get the Xbox One X, the world’s most powerful console, at its lowest price ever, or the Xbox One S, the best value in games and entertainment.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Very interested to see how things pan out this holiday season, if anything because I see it being a good indicator of whether Sony will feel pressure to move early on the generation change or not.

Very interested to see how things pan out this holiday season, if anything because I see it being a good indicator of whether Sony will feel pressure to move early on the generation change or not.

to be frank while microsoft is making good decisions, all of it is 2 years out. its for next gen. PS4 is outselling xbox 3:1 and some weeks more. Sony isn't pressued, tho they will drop the price significantly around ps5 release to clear stock.

I don’t think Sony will feel pressure to move into next generation sooner since they are so far ahead and their sales are still admirably strong. A price drop on the ps4 pro is more likely imo. I honestly see Microsoft jumping into next generation before Sony.

Last edited:

leo-j

Sony is launching a 199 ps4 with Spider-Man. If they drop the pro to 299 for that period, that’s imo a method of selling everything in stock. We shall see if they respond with a 299 pro, a 349 pro w red dead or a game is much more likely tho.

Dayumnnn, no better time to hop on this killa deal..some of us early adopters dropped 5 hunnit for the Scorpio ver. and speaking of that BEST purchase I ever made for a console, btw.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
I got mine for $380 months ago, I've seen a ton of deals lately. I guess it will be official now.

kunonabi

Man, if I didnt need to buy a laptop I probably would have gotten an X since the deals have been really good this year.

The Alien

Banned
Sony is launching a 199 ps4 with Spider-Man. If they drop the pro to 299 for that period, that’s imo a method of selling everything in stock. We shall see if they respond with a 299 pro, a 349 pro w red dead or a game is much more likely tho.
That $199 Spiderman PS4 is gonna fly off the shelves this holiday season.

xStoyax

Banned
It's been $399 several times throughout the year on eBay. Brand new & came with games from major suppliers.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
just to clarify what I meant earlier: My feeling is that Sony have retained a 12 month lead on MS regarding hardware upgrading, so they have plenty of wiggle room when it comes to starting up the hype machine for PS5. If their results are better than expected they can stick with 2020, but if they start to feel momentum slowing I don't doubt they could "pump the gas" a bit by starting the marketing roll-out 6 months sooner.

The way I see it, they have 5 big first-party IP's left on the slate already announced, and at least a couple of them will end up being cross-gen and used to bolster PS5 launch via the asset-replacement mechanism they've recently patented. Objectively based on past-launch timings I can only really see Guerrilla being ready with a "pure" PS5 title for say 11/2020, so I can see them wanting to beef up the first-party exclusives in the first year of PS5 as much as possible.

The point being, moving sooner rather than later is possibly advantageous due to the current unreleased line-up being so strong, especially if they can play-up the forwards compatibility aspect (assuming it exists obviously). That they decided not to bother with PSX this year suggests to me that they are carefully weighing up their next big marketing push, a decision that their performance this quarter will naturally be affected by.

thelastword

Banned
That is actually pretty good!
I don't see how this changes anything tbh, don't get me wrong, more consoles will sell for BF and the holidays, but there have been crazy deals to get XBONEX throughout this year.....The gamestop deal, costco deals, you name it, some even with games and giftcards.....Europe just has some crazy deals too with RDR2, Forza Horizon 4, Forza 7, 2 Months Now TV etc...

Ptownrich

I don't see how this changes anything tbh, don't get me wrong, more consoles will sell for BF and the holidays, but there have been crazy deals to get XBONEX throughout this year.....The gamestop deal, costco deals, you name it, some even with games and giftcards.....Europe just has some crazy deals too with RDR2, Forza Horizon 4, Forza 7, 2 Months Now TV etc...

Changes anything about what?!

Like any sale it just means that more people will be able to pick up new hardware and save some money.

Unless your turning gaming into a hardware competition again rather than just treating it as a cohesive hobby like most sane people do.

Your totally obsessed by Xbox versus Playstation it's so peculiar. Like neither of them can exist without being in relation to the other.

Pro and X are two great consoles that can be had for great prices over black Friday. It's a good thing!

Pro is best for that untouchable and killer Sony exclusive lineup and PSVR. X is best for sheer unrivaled horsepower on Multiplatform games now and going forward and a huge enhanced back compatability lineup.

Win Win for fans of gamers. Buy both and enjoy gaming. BUT WHAT ONE IS DEFINITIVELY BETTER?? Let's dedicate our life to posting on a forum to tell strangers what is "better". Nothing odd about that, at all.

Shin

Banned
That marketing...
It's been on the market for 1 year, the same difference it came out after PS4P and the same $100 gap.
Point I'm making is...it's still the same price that you're basically paying if the console would to be released this year with those specs.

Perfect, with some trade in’s I’ll be able to walk out with this baby pretty cheap. Looking forward to getting the most out of my game pass subscription (I’ve just been using it for PC play anywhere titles) and my new 4K freesync TV. Can’t wait

Ar¢tos

I have seen the X1X cheaper than the base Ps4+3 games bundle. I thought they had lowered the price a long time ago. Probably unofficial price since I live in a "sonyland" country.

demigod

Changes anything about what?!

Like any sale it just means that more people will be able to pick up new hardware and save some money.

Unless your turning gaming into a hardware competition again rather than just treating it as a cohesive hobby like most sane people do.

Your totally obsessed by Xbox versus Playstation it's so peculiar. Like neither of them can exist without being in relation to the other.

Pro and X are two great consoles that can be had for great prices over black Friday. It's a good thing!

Pro is best for that untouchable and killer Sony exclusive lineup and PSVR. X is best for sheer unrivaled horsepower on Multiplatform games now and going forward and a huge enhanced back compatability lineup.

Win Win for fans of gamers. Buy both and enjoy gaming. BUT WHAT ONE IS DEFINITIVELY BETTER?? Let's dedicate our life to posting on a forum to tell strangers what is "better". Nothing odd about that, at all.

It doesn't change anything because the One X has been $399 ALL YEAR LONG. You're smoking crack if you think this is only happening because of Black Friday.

SonGoku

I thought thePro was constantly out of stock

Ptownrich

It doesn't change anything because the One X has been $399 ALL YEAR LONG. You're smoking crack if you think this is only happening because of Black Friday.

I never said it's only happening because it's black Friday did I?

And yes it does change something because you can now get a 399 X direct from MS whereas you couldn't previously. Retailers will have their own (probably better value) offerings too. It's always like this.

I know various places have had this price or value added bundles recently but what's wrong with MSN themselves offering discounts?

Retailers often sell hardware for less than the RRP but that wasn't the point I was making.
My point was in rebuttal to TLW saying "this doesn't change anything" which as a statement has no meaning unless you explain what the change is in relation to, which he didn't.

Isa

Well I'll be taking advantage of this. Looking forward to trying the games I'd wanted for some time, and seeing how the whole shebang looks on my tv. Pro is nice but damn loud and I'm looking forward to the peace and quiet haha.

I was actually expecting a $279 tag on the Black Friday X specials, a price tag we haven't seen yet, especially being on the market for over a year already. Still a good deal though for what your geting.

Last edited:

TLZ

Banned
The main difference here though is many people and parents are out to buy stuff for Christmas, so having this price available now gives those people more choices.

DiscoJer

The prices are still too high. Especially on the Xbox S. That should be $150 at most.

We can't even keep PS4Pros in stock at the current price.

The Alien

Banned
I was actually expecting a $279 tag on the Black Friday X specials, a price tag we haven't seen yet, especially being on the market for over a year already. Still a good deal though for what your geting.
I was thinking $350 was gonna be the holiday price.

longdi

Banned
Xbox1x is now cheaper than PS4Pro here, even comes with free games. Really crazy bargain.
I will jump on it if i had not converted to a PC Supreme race long ago.

Top Bottom