• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Series S - Revealed Trailer

• All-Digital
  • 4TF RDNA 2 GPU
  • Same CPU as Xbox Series X
  • Nearly 60% smaller than Xbox Series X
  • Custom 512GB NVME SSD powered by Xbox Velocity Architecture (like the Series X)
  • 1440p at up to 120FPS
  • DirectX Raytracing
  • 4K upscaling and media playback
  • Variable rate shading
  • Variable refresh rate
  • Ultra-low latency

Priced: £249 / $299 / €299

Last edited:

Riky

$MSFT
512gb SSd, too small for digital only 😬

Suppose I can put games on the external card and just plug them in different systems.

Last edited:

Sleepwalker

Hopefully the memory sticks won't be too expensive, this little beauty will eventually need 1. Although I don't mind uninstalling games tbf.

Since I split my time between 2 countries at the moment, I will be picking one of this for one of the houses so I don't have to travel with a console, Easy win :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

Last edited:
mod edit: I have been removed from the thread because the fear sweat is indicative of a large fever gripping me right now.

1440p :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:

That`s the resolution the Series X would have to drop down to if heavier RT gets involved....
This pos will either hold everything back or will need specifically downgraded software versions for all bigger-scope games.

Last edited by a moderator:

UnNamed

Banned
1440p upscaling with a dlss-like algorithm?

tenor.gif

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
I guess thats how MS hit 299, you gotta buy their seagate expansion cards. Im expecting 1TB for $169

yeah ssd are not going to be cheap. Really hope all these new consoles have cold storage options for HDDs

My god this marketing is dogshit lol
Are you wanting it printed in your 4head or something?

1440p & Up to 120fps... I’m sold. Got an external I can use to hold other games if I need to transfer but I play one at time so I won’t even need it.

This thing will sell and is impressive. Anyone mocking it or laughing at it are in for a rude awakening when this small box smashes expectations.

Funny though, where are all the mouth foaming idiots that claimed that they shouldn’t go for 4K but focus on 1080? Well, here you go, a 120fps 1440p box.

my interest in Xbox was dying, until this.

Last edited:

MastAndo

Not crazy about the design, but the form factor works. Good on MS - a $300 GamePass box could be a winner. I'm curious to see how it performs.

-Arcadia-

Banned
1440p confirmed is interesting. That’s a bit more viable than 1080p, especially in a few years, and with the price, actually quite attractive. I just wonder if that represents more of a theoretical maximum, or most games actually will hit that?

Kimahri

Banned
Storage is kind of a joke unless there's some compression magic we don't know about yet. Who am I kidding, I'd fill that thing up just by turning it on.

sncvsrtoip

1440p confirmed is interesting. That’s a bit more viable than 1080p, especially in a few years, and with the price, actually quite attractive. I just wonder if that represents more of a theoretical maximum, or most games actually will hit that?
xsx is 3x faster and going from 1440p to 4k is only 2.25x more pixels, so maybe 1440p but not in same graphics settings as xsx

sobaka770

Banned
Good trailer! As expected the main selling points are the ability to play next gen somewhat and mostly speed of loading.

SSD size for all-digital seems small and I wonder if the 4TF limited RAM console can actually do 1440p on truly next-gen games.

tryDEATH

That is an amazing package for $300, the size is also impressive and finally some more next generation info. Kind of crazy that this was leaked a couple of hours ago though and Xbox jumped on it right away, this also sort of relieves pressure from Xbox about the Series X price reveal putting Sony in a peculiar place when it comes to the PS5 price reveal.

Hopefully this get the ball rolling, because it has been a bit to too boring this close to the release as Sony stopped releasing info that would have forced Xbox to respond, there was really no proper continuous back and forth between the two due to Sony's reluctance.

So MS is so incompetent that some twitter user has to show the trailer for them or what the fuck is happening?
Did you stop and think that maybe, just maybe it isn’t just a random Twitter user? If it were, why would they have a trailer only MS has and why would the be the ones to release it?

Are you wanting it printed in your 4head or something?

1440p & Up to 120fps... I’m sold. Got an external I can use to hold other games if I need to transfer but I play one at time so I won’t even need it.

This thing will sell and is impressive. Anyone mocking it or laughing at it are in for a rude awakening when this small box smashes expectations.

Funny though, where are all the mouth foaming idiots that claimed that they shouldn’t go for 4K but focus on 1080? Well, here you go, a 120fps 1440p box.

my interest in Xbox was dying, until this.

When your reveal trailer gets revealed by random twitter users you know you've fucked your marketing :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Rikkori

If people haven't figured it out by now they make it explicit - they will rely on VRS to be their DLSS-like solution.

Of course, it's all non-sense. This is not a 1440p console, it's a 1080p one at best, but they're gonna hide through so many layers of obfuscation that 99.9% of people won't know to dispute it ("up to", "Dynamic res", "VRS" etc).

Top Bottom