• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Series X server blades are now enabled.

ManaByte

Waterboy GIF by memecandy

elliot5

Just tested out a bunch of games. Looks like everything is running on Series X as far as I can tell? All the games I've tried are using them (Yakuza, Destiny, Outriders, Sea of Thieves, Rainbow Six, Destiny 2).

Thirty7ven Thirty7ven I booted up Stadia to try Destiny 2 because its free on there and they perform about the same. Stadia has a very small lead in terms of loading speed and latency (plus mouse and keyboard support which feels extremely responsive), but both are very very playable imo. Nothing like before with 30 fps and shit graphics on the One S blades.

Outriders runs well. Props for having deadzone customizability which helps a lot with responsiveness.

Rainbow Six has 120 fps option which feels very responsive, but the game in general is kinda clunky on controller.

ErRor88

Just tested out a bunch of games. Looks like everything is running on Series X as far as I can tell? All the games I've tried are using them (Yakuza, Destiny, Outriders, Sea of Thieves, Rainbow Six, Destiny 2).

Thirty7ven Thirty7ven I booted up Stadia to try Destiny 2 because its free on there and they perform about the same. Stadia has a very small lead in terms of loading speed and latency (plus mouse and keyboard support which feels extremely responsive), but both are very very playable imo. Nothing like before with 30 fps and shit graphics on the One S blades.

Outriders runs well. Props for having deadzone customizability which helps a lot with responsiveness.

Rainbow Six has 120 fps option which feels very responsive, but the game in general is kinda clunky on controller.

Nice, Did you have to do anything special to get to the Series X server?

I just tried it with gears 5, and while it does show the xbox series start up animation, gears 5 doesn't have the 120hz versus option, however, I don't think the option to toggle framerates even shows up in the xb1x version of the game.

edit: to clarify, it has the option to toggle versus framerates, it just won't let me change it to 120.

Last edited:

Hey, you have to do something with all those unsold XBXs am i right?

Thirty7ven

Banned

Thanks, sounds promising.

T-Cake

Playing from the UK, it looks like nothing changed in the local datacentres. There are no alternative graphics options in the two games I tried, Shadow of War and Dishonored 2.

Interfectum

I just tried out my goto xcloud game right now, two point hospital, and I don't think it's Series X. The loading times feel like it's still One X and the 60 FPS option isn't there.

Last edited:

elliot5

I just tried out my goto xcloud game right now, two point hospital, and I don't think it's Series X. The loading times feel like it's still One X and the 60 FPS option isn't there.
On mobile, there should be a logo of the series x under the "Cloud" section of games if its upgraded. Some people are saying games like MLB are upgraded but they don't show the logo so it's unclear what's what. It's possible Two Point isn't upgraded yet.

T-Cake T-Cake see above^^

Last edited:

elliot5

Games upgraded so far:

ARK
Call of the Sea
Conan Exiles
CrossCode
Dark Alliance
Dead by Daylight
Descenders
Desperados III
Destiny 2
Dirt 5
Elder Scrolls Online
For Honor
Forza Horizon 4 (edit: unsure about this one atm)
Gears 5
Gears Tactics
GONNER2
Grounded
Halo MCC
Haven
Human Fall Flat
Maneater
Minecraft Dungeons
MLB The Show
Morkredd
No Mans Sky
Ori 2
Outriders
Planet Coaster
Rainbow Six Siege
Sea of Thieves
Second Extinction
Stellaris
SoD 2
Subnautica
SUPERHOT MIND CONTROL DELETE
The Falconeer
The Touryst
The Wild at Heart
Warhammer Vemintide 2
We Happy Few
Wolfenstein Youngblood
Yakuza like a dragon
Yes Your Grace
Zombie Army 4

Last edited:

reinking

Gold Member
I tried Dark Alliance on PC for about 15 minutes. Not sure what they upgraded because I did not see any graphic option. In that brief session I had two *minor hiccups. I will try my phone next time I am at work. No need to test it here since I will never be playing on my phone from home. I am starting to think game streaming is not for me.

elliot5

I tried Dark Alliance on PC for about 15 minutes. Not sure what they upgraded because I did not see any graphic option. In that brief session I had two *minor hiccups. I will try my phone next time I am at work. No need to test it here since I will never be playing on my phone from home. I am starting to think game streaming is not for me.
Are there supposed to be Dark Alliance graphic options on Xbox? I thought that was a 60 fps only game, not some graphic vs performance option.

edit: Just launched it and it's definitely upgraded. Fast loading and runs at 60 fps.

Last edited:

reinking

Gold Member
Are there supposed to be Dark Alliance graphic options on Xbox? I thought that was a 60 fps only game, not some graphic vs performance option.
You're probably right. I will look at other games just out of curiosity. The graphics options were not really the big deal. I was hoping XBSX blades would eliminate latency.

T-Cake

Games upgraded so far:

So it's just the games that have got Series X|S optimization that have any benefit. Maybe that's how it'll stay. The Xbox One X enhanced games will probably stay as Xbox One S versions as there isn't any way to en/dis-able FPS Boost on the XCloud guide.

So it's just the games that have got Series X|S optimization that have any benefit. Maybe that's how it'll stay. The Xbox One X enhanced games will probably stay as Xbox One S versions as there isn't any way to en/dis-able FPS Boost on the XCloud guide.

Just think of xcloud as a virtual XSX. Even if the games aren't optimized for XSX specifically there's still some benefits because of the better hardware.

elliot5

You're probably right. I will look at other games just out of curiosity. The graphics options were not really the big deal. I was hoping XBSX blades would eliminate latency.
Unfortunately browser doesn't identify what's upgraded yet unlike mobile. And even mobile isn't perfectly categorized with icons yet it seems.
Huh, guess you're right they all are X|S optimized. Wouldn't make sense to not use One X enhanced games though since those are more likely to offer a 60 FPS option, no? It may just default to One S because these blades can run 4 One S instances but only one XSX instance.

Gamezone

Gold Member
Just tested it. At least for me (living in Norway) xCloud have the worst latency are worse picture compared to GFN and Stadia. Doesn't even come close to them, new blades or not.

What is server blades?
things that go into the racks I guess?

Games upgraded so far:

ARK
Call of the Sea
Conan Exiles
CrossCode
Dark Alliance
Dead by Daylight
Descenders
Desperados III
Destiny 2