• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Series X Will Have the Disc Drive On Top When Horizontal

ManaByte

Downloaded the full res PNG of the product image, and you can see the Xbox logo on the side:

D9Jldum.jpg

That would be facing up when it's horizontal, meaning the disc drive will be up high as opposed to at the bottom of the system.

nowhat

That would be facing up when it's horizontal, meaning the disc drive will be up high as opposed to at the bottom of the system.
Or, you can have the logo facing forward and the disc drive pointing downwards - tada, instant Xbox Series X SAD edition!

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
Makes sense. You don’t want people missing with the discs and accidentally scraping the surface the SX sits on.

CrisPy2019

Kinda clickbaity. I assumed from the title that you ment "on top" literal. Like facing upwards.

Would be the first toploader console in a while :)

(ignoring third party retro consoles)

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Downloaded the full res PNG of the product image, and you can see the Xbox logo on the side:

D9Jldum.jpg

Where u download the full res image from? Thanks.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Having it near the bottom would be rather inconvenient, so how is this surprising?

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Thanks for this thread, I didn’t know, I mean, it wasn’t on the pic or anything.

Does anybody know if I have to hold the controller sideways if I rotate the console?

Cleared_Hot

This is going to make national headlines. I imagine we will see this on Good Morning America when we get up tomorrow.
The headline was also really misleading. I clicked expecting it to. Come out of the top. The the top of THE SIDE

Ar¢tos

MS has no shame! Supporting a murderous technology like the Bluray.
Wait till Greta hears about this, then Phil Spencer will get the full "How dare you?" lecture!

Top Bottom