• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Ultimate Game Sale (Begins July 7th)

big_z

kinda gross that when you buy KI complete it downloads 20 items. you would think it would be one master unlock key.

Not too bad, not great either. Picked up Tales from the Borderlands at $12.50, not much else on that list interests me. Dissapointed in some of the bundles - no discount on Wolfenstein: The Old Blood solo makes me sad. Might bite on some of those cheap last-gen upgrades, but I've heard neither the Sleeping Dogs nor Saints Row ports are all that good.

Jumped on Korra and titanfall. Need to take a break from
Buying games til rare replay comes out, between those, batman, the witcher, and ac4 and massive chalice as my
Gwg, plus my backwards compatible titles, it's
Becoming an issue.

ironcreed

Banned
$35.99 for the Master Chief Collection is pretty tempting. Is the multiplayer still broken? And how do the campaigns hold up?

Lima

I really wish they would just split the Borderlands collection out to the two games. I own and have played 2, but haven't played the Pre-Sequel yet.

I don't know what is so hard about that shit. Especially digitally seeing how the games are already downloaded separately. Like come on Gearbox make it happen. I don't want B2 again.

I'm only going to pick one game up since I'm trucking through ESO and just in general have a lot of life going on. Torn between Borderlands or Dying Light. I played and enjoyed BL2, but didn't touch the DLC or Pre-Sequel at all. Loved Dead Island, but never touched Dying Light.

Thoughts/Opinions?

The Pre Sequel is a great addition to the franchise and I dare to say it feels better than BL2 (more focused missions, campaign generally better, better story, PLAYABLE CLAPTRAP).

On launch THC was filled with tearing but they fixed it with patches and it's now a great great package, worth full price, specially if you're into the series.

Both the main campaign and the dlc expansion she so much light on BL2 story.

Hmm I have £15 credit on my account... considering getting Ori, I love platformers like Mario, Rayman, but not keen on any RPG elements nor backtracking too much. Do you think I'd like it? :/

It's either that or MCC...

matthieuC

Everyone remember that these sales are likely all week long, and that there will be daily sales of other games. So if your on the fence about buying some games, I would wait a bit.

$35.99 for the Master Chief Collection is pretty tempting. Is the multiplayer still broken? And how do the campaigns hold up?

I just got this with my Xbox last week. Campaigns are perfect. Multiplayer works pretty well now, it takes a little longer than it should for me to find a match, and unfortunately it always dumps your party after the match is over, but it always does find me a match, and runs smoothly when in a match.

Is Titanfall's player base still decent ? It's £9.60 .

I presume it is since its just come to EA Access

Got it with EA Access. No problem playing Attrition and some other game modes, but campaign is getting hard to complete after the first weekend boom.

Kinda empty. Actually it's the emptier multiplayer game I own (granted, I only own blockbuster mp titles like FIFA and Battlefield4).

Montresor

I just got this with my Xbox last week. Campaigns are perfect. Multiplayer works pretty well now, it takes a little longer than it should for me to find a match, and unfortunately it always dumps your party after the match is over, but it always does find me a match, and runs smoothly when in a match.

Depending on the use case, campaigns are not perfect.

I think it's entirely possible that ironcreed will have a good experience with the campaigns, but with my unique scenario I am having a HORRIBLE experience with campaign.

My brother and I are trying MCC for the first time, and there is an achievement for doing the Master Chief Saga playlist (aka beat Halo 1, 2, 3, 4 in one playlist on normal with no skulls enabled) so we are doing that first. We are playing in split-screen co-op. The problem is that 90% of the "beat level" achievements are not unlocking for him. They unlock for me but they simply stay locked for him. We are forced to back out of the playlist after every level to replay the level via normal mission select to get him the achievement. It's pretty annoying.

We're going to test this tonight to see if the same problem occurs with the playlist when playing online co-op (instead of splitscreen co-op).

KingBroly

Banned
KI Complete is 60% off?

What's that include?

Looking into it as a PC player/owner since it's coming to PC

EDIT: Hmm...$40 for everything and not just S1/2 is a bit much.

ironcreed

Banned
Depending on the use case, campaigns are not perfect.

I think it's entirely possible that ironcreed will have a good experience with the campaigns, but with my unique scenario I am having a HORRIBLE experience with campaign.

My brother and I are trying MCC for the first time, and there is an achievement for doing the Master Chief Saga playlist (aka beat Halo 1, 2, 3, 4 in one playlist on normal with no skulls enabled) so we are doing that first. We are playing in split-screen co-op. The problem is that 90% of the "beat level" achievements are not unlocking for him. They unlock for me but they simply stay locked for him. We are forced to back out of the playlist after every level to replay the level via normal mission select to get him the achievement. It's pretty annoying.

We're going to test this tonight to see if the same problem occurs with the playlist when playing online co-op (instead of splitscreen co-op).

sloth-chin-scratch.gif

I may just wait on Halo 5. I want to buy something here, but I am not sure what I want.

UND3RxOATH

Neo Member
Games I've picked up so far. My library is really small guys.

• Battlefield Hardline Deluxe Edition
    • Plants Vs Zombies: Garden Warfare
    • Watch Dogs
    • Burnout Paradise (360)

Debating on Borderlands.

jem0208

I haven't had any issues with any of the campaigns for months and the multiplayer is working fine as well. You occassionally have to back out and research but that's fairly rare.

It's definitely worth it if you have any interest in Halo or FPSs.

KI Complete for $32 is an amazing price for people who might not even want it on XB1 but want it on PC. It's confirmed cross buy so jump in!

Come on Lords of the Fallen.
I got it when it went up for like $5 during Christmas for a day before it got pulled. Also noticed that all the DLC got bundled for $15. Not a bad deal

quickwhips

It's actually better than Sony's implementation. On XB1 you can play on any XB1 as long as the account that owns the game is logged in. This means another gamertag can play the game on a non-home XB1 as long as the game owner is logged in on that XB1. PS4 doesn't allow this and that sucks for people with multiple consoles.
That is how it work on ps4 also. I do this on xb1 and ps4.

UND3RxOATH

Neo Member
Waiting for Orange Box to pop up. Interested in seeing what games are coming for the 360, anything that looks appealing that I would like to get Gamescore in will be getting my money.

That is how it work on ps4 also. I do this on xb1 and ps4.

It doesn't. My wife can't use her PSN account on a non-home PS4 and play the digital games I've downloaded. She can only user her PSN account to play on the home console. On XB1 she can play on a non-home XB1 as long as my gamer tag is signed in as well. Maybe it's different for multiplayer games but it certainly doesn't work like you suggested in single player games.

Top Bottom