• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XCOM 2 (PC/Mac/Linux, Firaxis, November 2015) announced [Up: New info/screens in OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke_Wal

PC EXCLUSIVE I QUIT VIDEO GAMES.

What could possibly be the rationale for this? The first one sold fairly well on consoles! I hope to God this makes it to a console at some point, preferably PS4. But I look forward to playing this on my iPad 6 months after launch.

yuraya

"Tailored to take advantage of the platform's strength" must mean its heavily tied around keyboard/mouse.

Which is great news. Sucks for console gamers tho.

That trailer with the cobra O_O looked fantastic.

Funnily enough I ordered both PS3 Enemy Unknown and the Bureau for 6.40 total from Best Buy yesterday.

Had it Unknown on Plus and enjoyed what I played will played the sequel eventually.

Well it showed mac and linux icons at the end so it's not really PC exclusive, right? In any case, it looks pretty sweet. I do hope it comes to consoles soon as I'm sure it will eventually.
Hopefully.

I disagree, the Mouse/KB controls for XCOM were just serviceable. Perhaps they can do better with more focus.

Yeah there were definitely issues with view levels and unit movement. Probably other things. Clunkier than it should have been, don't remember if it ever got fixed in Enemy Within.

Natiko

Banned
PC only? I'll probably hold off and pick it up for dirt cheap during a sale down the road then. Nothing against PC games but for whatever reason I tend to find myself less motivated to play them on that platform and end up never beating them.

SeanTSC

Well, as someone who enjoyed the game enough on consoles to buy the DLC/Expansion stuff for it on there - this is extremely disappointing. I guess you have no interest in my money, Firaxis.

Oh well.

occelinho

[...] ,which will be available exclusively on PC this November.

attf.gif

Will still get it, but that's a bit disappointing.

Edit: didn't mean to make it sound like I was port begging. I was just surprised that console platforms were not announced. I thought they sold quite well?

Hoping that the screenshot is just unfavorably lit. It doesn't seem like that much of a step up from Enemy Unknown, visually, but the trailer looks great.

Also super excited for melee combat!

...wait, people are complaining about it being PC only? I highly doubt this game is going to require a fancy gaming computer to play, guys.

Dosent matter i worka t computers all day the last thing i wanna do when i get home is sit infront of one. This sucks one of my favourite games and i wont get to play it. :(

Not too annoyed about it not being on consoles, as long as my crappy pc can run it. But the awesome controller support was one of the main draws to me, i hope that is still there.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
“We’re thrilled to implement long-time fan requested features such as procedural levels and modding support, as well as adding more of what makes XCOM great like new aliens, enemies and soldier classes.”

Yipee!

Nzyme32

That pic doesn't look too hot.

Couldn't care less. Xcom shines in its gameplay, so as far as I am concerned it could look exactly the same as the first. What is important is that they expand upon the mechanics. Going procedurally generated is an awesome step in the right direction along with stronger mod support. Xcom's Long War mod is something that demonstrates how good can be for this kind of game.

The_Monk

I have very great and fond memories of this game so I can't wait for this! The release month will be a very packed one, that's for sure, but XCOM managed to be such a great time sink.

Here's hoping for a tense atmosphere with some decent variety in the missions. :)

Bit off-topic but I've yet to play XCOM: Enemy Within, hope I can get a Steam copy soon. With the amount of hype I just got if I wasn't on such a tight budget I would be buying right now! For reference I invested around 30-40 hours in Enemy Unknown on PC (also played a bit in the PS3 version) and I know that people put hundreds of hours in XCOM! Can't wait for this wait and I hope I can get XCOM EW while I wait.

Hopeford

Oh my god I'm freaking out so much right now. This is the BEST announcement I could have heard, bar none. Everything about this pleases me.

Skab

The PC exclusivity actually makes me quite happy, though I do feel for those who would have played it on consoles.

But new XCOM hype!

galv

Unconfirmed Member
Holy shit, so damned hype.

PC exclusive but I hope gamepad is still supported - I actually liked how it worked in the last game especially when playing it on my big-screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom