• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XDefiant Hits 1 Million Unique Players Within 2.5 Hours of Launch

Draugoth

Gold Member
xdefiant-players.png

Ubisoft’s free-to-play title XDefiant achieved 1 million unique players within two and a half hours of its launch, sources have told Insider Gaming. At one point, half a million concurrent players were logged in to the game on launch day. Admittedly, that’s a lot of players who had to wait in the menu due to server issues. However, the problems were resolved around eight to ten hours after launch.

The milestone makes XDefiant Ubisoft’s fastest-ever game to reach 1 million unique players.

The numbers don’t end there, either. At the time of writing (48 hours after launch), the game has just over 3 million unique players and around 300,000 concurrent players across all platforms.

Source

DonF

Gold Member
I played like 1 hour yesterday and gosh the netcode...Im unable to play this game. I get killed in like 0.001 seconds but I have to dump half a mag on someone to kill them.

I blame the fact that im in Chile but still. I can't play the damn game. I also have to play super tactically to do good, but twicthy persons beam me while jumping and gliding. It feels super bad to die, and even worse to get kills.

not a game for me, for sure.

Yeah, this game is fucking trash. I'm annoyed that I even spent 15 minutes playing it. What a waste of time. Shit gunplay and weapon balance is totally off. Movement also feels weird and janky.

I'll add that I'm too old for this fucking crap now, I'll take Halo MCC over this any day.

Last edited:

BlueLyria

It's a good classic cod clone tbh, if you dislike classic cod or think that it's outdated z then you're going to hate this

Mossybrew

Gold Member
So I went ahead and checked it out, it is missing that crucial element of gunfeel, even the most basic gun in cod feels meaty and powerful to shoot, this starter m4 feels like a paintball gun. I dont know why you would play this over cod unless youre so broke that you can only play free games.

dreamstation

Gold Member
Its not a perfect game and wont pull me away from MW3 but its fun. And whats a better free to play shooter on consoles currently?
All subjective really but I rate THE FINALS and even Destiny 2 above this. I've played a few games and will continue to play for the near future, maybe my opinion of it will change but I don't see it surpassing the brilliance of FINALS though. That's the beauty of being F2P I guess. Anyone can try it out.

Last edited:
Top Bottom