• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

Now this is torture !!!!
Why can't Sweden do the same :)

One question guys... I have original "Nintendo Wii - Classic Controller" and opted not to get the Pro version (money is tight). How different are they compared to original? I know they are supposed to be better but is there such a noticeable improvement?

Chesskid1

Banned
squall23 said:
Seems like some in France are also selling them early as well.

yeah, like 4-5 people have posted pics of their copy in french forum.

UktSR.jpg

I hope Nintendo notices some stores selling it, then sends a letter to all stores giving them the green light to sell it right now! :D

Feep

Banned
GasProblem said:
I hope Nintendo notices some stores selling it, then sends a letter to all stores giving them the green light to sell it right now! :D
Prettyyyyy sure this never happens.

the-iek

slaughterking said:
Oh boy, now I'm tempted to hunt this game down, even though my local stores never sell games more than one day before the streetdate.

You're from Germany, right? Do it, now.

g4ooO.png

I am very jealous :x

Melhisedek said:
Now this is torture !!!!
Why can't Sweden do the same :)

One question guys... I have original "Nintendo Wii - Classic Controller" and opted not to get the Pro version (money is tight). How different are they compared to original? I know they are supposed to be better but is there such a noticeable improvement?

You can just look at the screen posted above. The CC Pro is literally the same with but with grips on it but with 2 extra buttons on the back (which shouldn't be a problem. I think the little buttons on the top of the normal CC are the same things but not sure.).

Edit:

Notorious_Roy said:
And there goes our chance of registering on time to get the soundtrack :(

Or the artbooks. lol.

desu

Notorious_Roy said:
And there goes our chance of registering on time to get the soundtrack :(

Where do you get the soundtrack from ?

squall23 said:
Wow, somebody blitz through this thing if Shulk already has the Monado.

Yeah ...

... not really as you have it from the start ;).

Lissar

Reluctant Member
squall23 said:
Wow, somebody blitz through this thing if Shulk already has the Monado.

You get it fairly early, it wouldn't take long even with doing some quests to get as far as in the picture.

desu

squall23 said:
So it seems that names really were changed.

Fiorun = Fiora
Karna = Sharla

Urgh I dont get it. At least changing the names back to the original shouldnt be too hard :D.

squall23

Lissar said:
You get it fairly early, it wouldn't take long even with doing some quests to get as far as in the picture.
I don't consider
going through the intro movie, playing the Dunban bit, then the Shulk and Reyn bit, and then the Fiorun bit
to be fast. At least I remember it taking awhile when I played it.

squall23

Bel Marduk said:
I wonder if they change the text to accommodate that if you're using JP voiceovers.
I'd be so impressed if this was true. Last game that I played that changed names while also having the Japanese voices, the Mana Khemia games kind of pissed me off in that the names in text didn't change, lol.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
squall23 said:
I don't consider
going through the intro movie, playing the Dunban bit, then the Shulk and Reyn bit, and then the Fiorun bit
to be fast. At least I remember it taking awhile when I played it.

A couple of hours max? Given the length of the rest of the game, I'd say that's pretty fast. It's not like it's mid-game or something.

Chesskid1 said:
yeah, like 4-5 people have posted pics of their copy in french forum.

http://i.imgur.com/UktSR.jpg[/IMG[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=the-iek]You're from Germany, right? Do it, now.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/g4ooO.png[/IMG[/QUOTE]

Aww, why are you doing this to me? I still have Catherine to finish and my thesis to write. I can't handle another distraction. :(

Fritz

I hate it when stores sell early, total "Futterneid"! Rules are there to be obeyed you know. Lol! The pics are amazing though! How does the game feel?

I haven't reserved the game (no particularly interested in the special edition), so I'll start the search by wednesday. If someone sees it before in spanish stores, let me know!

I'm in the U.S. importing from Zavvi.com and just got an email alert from my credit card letting me know their charge of $48.60 just went through. Maybe they'll ship it early! =3

mAcOdIn

UltimateIke said:
I'm in the U.S. importing from Zavvi.com and just got an email alert from my credit card letting me know their charge of $48.60 just went through. Maybe they'll ship it early! =3
Me too, that Wii exploit could not have come at a better time, lol.

RPGCrazied

Wow. Already selling it? Hey Zavvi, break the street date and ship me it! :) I guess websites never break street dates. Blah.

weeaboo

The wait is almost over guys. I can't believe we're finally going to play Xenoblade in a non-lunar language. This is good ... isn't it?

Sadist

weeaboo said:
The wait is almost over guys. I can't believe we're finally going to play Xenoblade in a non-lunar language. This is good ... isn't it?
Nintendo of Europe is best Nintendo

... ... wow, I never expected that sentence coming from me :p

Reknoc

RPGCrazied said:
Wow. Already selling it? Hey Zavvi, break the street date and ship me it! :) I guess websites never break street dates. Blah.

Actually they always do. websites here ship the game on monday or tuesday and it arrives a day before release day.

weeaboo said:
巨大な神の骸を舞台にした広大なオープンワールド型フィールドと、シームレスな戦闘、機械と人との戦いをテーマにしたロールプレイングゲーム(RPG)。

And you will deal.

Luigiv

Reknoc said:
Actually they always do. websites here ship the game on monday or tuesday and it arrives a day before release day.
Oh that's good. Means there's a small chance I could get the game before the weeks out. The last game I bought from ozgameshop only took 4 days to get here from the UK but until I see that feat repeated I'm going to assume that was a one off on not the typical shipping times.

Reknoc

RPGCrazied said:
I'm in the US though.

Oh yea, I guessed. I was just saying Zavvi (and most websites) ship stuff out early. Obviously you won't get it on Friday (or if we're lucky Thursday) like us in the UK, but you wont have to wait quite as long.

RPGCrazied

Reknoc said:
Oh yea, I guessed. I was just saying Zavvi (and most websites) ship stuff out early. Obviously you won't get it on Friday (or if we're lucky Thursday) like us in the UK, but you wont have to wait quite as long.

I hope you're right. I don't think I can wait a month. Though on Zavvi's page it says this, which makes what you said not seem right:

Please remember to add postal time (3-5 working days) to obtain a complete estimate of delivery to your door.

For deliveries outside the UK remember to add postage time (15 working days) to obtain a complete estimate of when you can expect your item to be delivered.

So if you're in the US and you order from them, you have to wait an additional two weeks after the 3-5 processing. Though I used a credit card, it shouldn't take 5 days to process that.

matmanx1

Also got my email from Zavvi. Hopefully that means they are preparing the shipment. I'm still expecting a couple of weeks of waiting which will be painful. Luckily I have plenty of other games to distract me!

mAcOdIn

RPGCrazied said:
I hope you're right. I don't think I can wait a month. Though on Zavvi's page it says this, which makes what you said not seem right:

So if you're in the US and you order from them, you have to wait an additional two weeks after the 3-5 processing. Though I used a credit card, it shouldn't take 5 days to process that.
I assume that's all worse case scenario liability protection, basically I bet they're covering their asses in the event it takes that long so they give out the worst case scenario as opposed to the best case or normal scenario in the event people's orders take longer.

I've never ordered from Zavvi before but once something has shipped from overseas I have never waited 2 full weeks for it to arrive.

Top Bottom