• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

jgwhiteus

CoolS said:
You're gonna love the next batch of story scenes. SO good :)

50 h Lvl 50 now, and I had the first instance where I really hated the game today. There's this one unique in Eryth Sea you need for a quest that only appears during stars falling down. Well, I spent literally 25 minutes changing the time from day to night till that "weather effect" appeared. Slaughtered that damn enemy like there was no tomorrow!

Now to find the rest of the locations in Eryth Sea so the map becomes complete, that's bugging the hell out of me ^^

Luckily the falling stars effect - which, again, is gorgeous - didn't take too long to show up for me (and I completed other quests in the meantime). What DID take a long time was waiting for the awful rain to let up. There was a unique which required clear skies (and falling stars didn't seem to count), and even though I was doing other quests, every damn time I returned to Eryth Sea it would be raining. The mechanics of the weather system don't appear to be random, though - maybe it runs on an internal clock?

CoolS said:
You're gonna love the next batch of story scenes. SO good :)

50 h Lvl 50 now, and I had the first instance where I really hated the game today. There's this one unique in Eryth Sea you need for a quest that only appears during stars falling down. Well, I spent literally 25 minutes changing the time from day to night till that "weather effect" appeared. Slaughtered that damn enemy like there was no tomorrow!

Now to find the rest of the locations in Eryth Sea so the map becomes complete, that's bugging the hell out of me ^^

That's one of the only sidequests I've yet to complete, along with a Paola one from Colony 9, I just can't be bothered waiting for the weather to change. I got the shooting stars one time but didn't swim to the island fast enough -_-

darkjedi187 said:
How do you get the additional skill tree's?

They're all gotten in sidequests with named NPCs, you need certain star affinities to activate them though, and in some cases to have finished other quests before those are activated. I have additional skill trees for all characters at the moment

Effect

The more I see images of this game on Dolphin the more stupid I think Nintendo is of not making the Wii U up-rez Wii games. Is it that hard to do or is a case of Nintendo possibly being extremely lazy?

PetrCobra

Effect said:
The more I see images of this game on Dolphin the more stupid I think Nintendo is of not making the Wii U up-rez Wii games. Is it that hard to do or is a case of Nintendo possibly being extremely lazy?
it would cost money they choose to spend elsewhere instead. I don't blame them to be honest. Makes little sense for a gaming company to encourage people to replay the old games they already bought a long time ago instead of buying new ones.

Edit: of course it would seem that the backwards compatibility is contradicting this, but that is something to convince people that they can buy the new console sooner than they would otherwise.

Disguises

Effect said:
I guess they would have to build a custom emulator for each game like Xbox games on Xbox 360 (And even then there were apparently bugs). This would probably take a lot of time and money on their behalf. Time and money they dont want to use for this purpose apparently.

Edit: I wish they would too though :(

TDLink

meltingparappa said:
I spent hours grinding out as many colony 9 quests as I could, trying to get
Desiree to give me a new skill tree for Shulk since he's almost maxed out
and the only one I have left (as far as I know, without talking to the entire town again) is trying to raise the affinity between female party members.

Damn you Colony 9, damn you ALL.

One that is really easy to miss and I didn't find for a while was the
Loan Shark quest line
. It starts at Ether Light in the early hours of the morning (While it's still dark...around 2 - 4 I believe). There is a couple walking around. Also make sure you don't miss
Jackson, who is behind a house in the residential district.

jgwhiteus

BlazingDarkness said:
That's one of the only sidequests I've yet to complete, along with a Paola one from Colony 9, I just can't be bothered waiting for the weather to change. I got the shooting stars one time but didn't swim to the island fast enough -_-

It was taking long for me to swim there too, turning to dawn, but thankfully setting the clock back a few hours doesn't seem to change the weather.

Out_Of_Ammo said:
Can anyone tell me how many "timed" quests there are in
Alcamoth. I just got 3 stars there but I think I'm almost at the point they expire.
(story spoiler, lvl 63, 75 hours in)
I just beat the Gadolt face-mechon so I guess it won't be to long before I reach the point where the quests become unavailable. I just want to make sure I didn't miss any because Alcamoth is a bitch to find questgivers...

Anyone?

Dascu

Out_Of_Ammo said:
http://translate.google.com/transla...u=http://xenobladedata.web.fc2.com/index.html

Check out the quest section of that area (table on the left).

I'm pretty sure you can get it up to 5 stars at that point in the game, by the way. So you must've missed a couple. Keep talking to NPCs too.
Also remember that there is the Red Pollen quest, initiated in Frontier Village, that eventually leads to Alcamoth. That will also become unavailable if you progress in the story. So that too if you haven't already.

Dascu said:
http://translate.google.com/transla...u=http://xenobladedata.web.fc2.com/index.html

Check out the quest section of that area (table on the left).

I'm pretty sure you can get it up to 5 stars at that point in the game, by the way. So you must've missed a couple. Keep talking to NPCs too.
Also remember that there is the Red Pollen quest, initiated in Frontier Village, that eventually leads to Alcamoth. That will also become unavailable if you progress in the story. So that too if you haven't already.
K thanks, I'll just have to keep hunting for quests/NPC's *sigh*. I already did that quest you mentioned btw, it was pretty interesting :)

I cant believe I played 60+ hours never increasing anyones Arts
I bought every Art book and never used them. I only struggled (barely) at one point so far involving a Unique, but other than that, even without the books everything has been smooth sailing. I finally learned you COULD use the books yesterday after BlazingDarkness filled me in after the Makna Tomb/shrine quest. I cant wait to see how much ass my party will kick now that Ive levelled up the Arts even more this far in: (Lvl 50. Just finished Prison Island. On my way to Sword Valley).

Gvaz

Banned
RPGCrazied said:
Gvaz sure does like taking screenshots. Be careful not to spoil anything. :p

Just one more day til I can play! AHHhhh.
I know people like them, and I try to only post screenshots that aren't really spoilers.

Oxx

RPGCrazied said:
Gvaz sure does like taking screenshots. Be careful not to spoil anything. :p

Just one more day til I can play! AHHhhh.

I just hope you like the game. If not it might be a bit awkward.

RPGCrazied

Oxx said:
I just hope you like the game. If not it might be a bit awkward.

Everyone says what if "I don't like it". Problem is. I will like it. :) I've been following the game since it was released in Japan over a year ago. I've actually played a few hours of the import when my friend was over. Sadly, he doesn't live here anymore. Every screenshot or video I see has me giddy.

Out_Of_Ammo said:
K thanks, I'll just have to keep hunting for quests/NPC's *sigh*. I already did that quest you mentioned btw, it was pretty interesting :)

Someone gave me a pretty good tip for that area earlier in the thread.
All the named NPCs spawn at those red teleporters at either 6:00 or 18:00. Think there are 9 in all? There a few NPCs in the palace entrance that spawn just to the left or right of the bottom of the stairs that lead to the blue teleporter that heads to the throne room.

Edit: Aw man, I fucked up a quest in Colony 9 and lost some affinity. What are the long term consequences?

BlazingDarkness said:
Which quest was it?

The one where you have to give
Emmy Leater a sword or a shield. I gave her the shield and she ran off.
Still finished the quest but wasn't happy with the outcome and I'd already saved after picking up the item.

wrowa

Baloonatic said:
The one where you have to give
Emmy Leater a sword or a shield. I gave her the shield and she ran off.
Still finished the quest but wasn't happy with the outcome and I'd already saved after picking up the item.
There wasn't a right or wrong choice in that quest. That quest line will be wrapped up later in the game; but don't wait for it, it's endgame stuff

Gvaz

Banned
Grampasso said:
Could you avoid posting gigantic screenshots featuring future party members (that means beyond 4th)? Thanks ç_ç
Get a bigger screen
I'll link them instead in the future since I'm too lazy to thumbnail them, but idk about everyone else but I don't click links to images. if it's not in an img tag it's no click zone.

well there's party members
fiora, reyn, sharla, dunban, Melia, and Riki. And there's another whom shant be named or taken pictures of without spoiler tagging
But other than that, having passed the halfway mark of the game at least, there's only one party member that should be spoiler tagged really that would affect enjoyment of the game.

Especially since every party member is on the god damned box art i don't exactly know what you're expecting.

MicH

Spent the last hours completing quests. Like others, I seem to be stuck at 4 stars in Colony 9. I can't seem to get anyone to give me more quests and I want that skill tree! :p Did Jacksons, did the Loan Shark, only need a Search Quest 1 that I know of (and the game won't give me that one :().

Did a little work on the
Eryth Sea/Alcamoth
quests but I hate both locations. Like reeeaally loathe them. Where is
Anu Shore?

MicH said:
Spent the last hours completing quests. Like others, I seem to be stuck at 4 stars in Colony 9. I can't seem to get anyone to give me more quests and I want that skill tree! :p Did Jacksons, did the Loan Shark, only need a Search Quest 1 that I know of (and the game won't give me that one :().

Did a little work on the
Eryth Sea/Alcamoth
Anu Shore?

You can reach that location by teleporting to
high entia tomb, jumping in the sea and swimming up. There's a tunnel in the mountainwall which leads to a cliff and the shore

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
MicH said:
Did a little work on the
Eryth Sea/Alcamoth
Anu Shore?
North of the High Entia Tomb. Like literally teleport to the tomb, jump in the water, and swim north. There's a cave there that takes you around to Anu Shore. Or you could just swim ashore from some other direction, but the cave seems to be the only way to reach the upper area of the Shore, so you might as well go that way and jump to the lower shore if you need to.

MicH

Out_Of_Ammo said:
You can reach that location by teleporting to
high entia tomb, jumping in the sea and swimming up. There's a tunnel in the mountainwall which leads to a cliff and the shore
Thanks! That place is just too big :p Still need to explore
Valak Mountain
as well.

MicH

CoolS said:
Regarding that Emmy quest in Colony 9: When does it become available?I just repaired the bridge in Makna Foerest.
Emmy Leather? did it way before that. Have you done the Miller sidequest line?

CoolS

MicH said:
Emmy Leather? did it way before that. Have you done the Miller sidequest line?

I have yes. After that
she ran away and I haven't seen her since. Who gives you the quest to find her?

MicH

CoolS said:
I have yes. After that
She should either be in the top part of the Military District (between the two "outlook towers") or in in the alley immediately to the right when you enter the area. Have you tried looking there?

Lissar

Reluctant Member
CoolS said:
I have yes. After that

If you are only about to go into the mountains, then I can only tell you the quest won't appear until pretty much end game. Miller gives you the quest so you'll know who to talk to.

CoolS

MicH said:
She should either be in the top part of the Military District (between the two "outlook towers") or in in the alley immediately to the right when you enter the area. Have you tried looking there?

I guess I should have been more clear, I already did her quests and now she is gone because she lost to that other guy.

Lissar said:
If you are only about to go into the mountains, then I can only tell you the quest won't appear until pretty much end game. Miller gives you the quest so you'll know who to talk to.

Thanks, that's what I wanted to know :)

Duderz

Banned
I'm at level 50, and about to enter
Sword Valley.

Are there any quests that expire when I do so? The game makes it seem like shit's goin' down.

Oxx

Is Emmy Leater supposed to be some kind of pun that's going right over my head?

Emulator?

I can't think of any other characters that actually have a surname?

MicH

Oxx said:
Is Emmy Leater supposed to be some kind of pun that's going right over my head?

Emulator?

I can't think of any other characters that actually have a surname?
Kenny Rohan does. I'm not sure if it's a pun?

Yuterald

71 hours in, level 54 characters. Just arrived at
Sword Valley
. I've been playing this game constantly, but I've been taking my time, exploring, doing every quest I activate before I make too much progression with the story. The cut scene at
Valek Mountain
was amazing, the plot is really picking up the pace. I can't wait to see where this game is headed!

wsippel

Banned
Duderz said:
I'm at level 50, and about to enter
Sword Valley.

Are there any quests that expire when I do so? The game makes it seem like shit's goin' down.
I don't think so, but it's not a bad idea to do everything you have to in that area ASAP. This includes filling your collection and killing every single named mob you can find. The same is true for the area after that.

Dragon

Banned
Yuterald you need to close those spoiler tags. Are we using spoiler tags for locations anyway in this thread?

Edit: okay you already did that :D

MicH

UltimateIke said:
My Zavvi refund was credited to my card today, and Amazon.it has charged me and is preparing to ship. Now the waiting game begins anew.
In the meantime GAME still won't refund me. Goddamn tomorrow marks 4 weeks of nothing from them and I'm in Europe, a 2 hour plane away.

Still waiting for Zavii...if not here by the 15th (lawl) then I'm just not getting the game.

I'll buy Deus Ex instead. and get this much later.

Reveirg

Lissar said:

Spoilers for ~level 60+ monsters area.

I'm about to face Egil in Agni Ratha. Should the Miller quest be available? Could you tell me when without spoilers? Thanks! Shulk learned all of his skills and I really want to unlock his 4th/5th skills rows soon...

wazoo

Yuterald said:
71 hours in, level 54 characters. Just arrived at
Sword Valley
. I've been playing this game constantly, but I've been taking my time, exploring, doing every quest I activate before I make too much progression with the story. The cut scene at
Valek Mountain
was amazing, the plot is really picking up the pace. I can't wait to see where this game is headed!

IT seems, the more straight you go, the faster you go up with level. I am more or less on par with level and time. I know people skipping lots of quests and rising much more faster. Maybe just progressing goes up much faster your XP.

Top Bottom