• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

hutna

For the end game UMs, I used Shulk Dunban and 7th.

I used Melia / Shulk / 7th for the end game UMs.

Finally finished farming the cylinders I needed from them. Now I just have to get heart affinity with all my party members to see the remaining heart to hearts and I'll have completed everything one can do in a single play through (only things exclusive to each other like quests and certain colony 6 folks; will do a new game+ run to do those). Don't want the game to end, but I am very near to exhausting all the content there is. :(

The Hermit

I used Melia / Shulk / 7th for the end game UMs.

Finally finished farming the cylinders I needed from them. Now I just have to get heart affinity with all my party members to see the remaining heart to hearts and I'll have completed everything one can do in a single play through (only things exclusive to each other like quests and certain colony 6 folks; will do a new game+ run to do those). Don't want the game to end, but I am very near to exhausting all the content there is. :(

Me too... did you manage to complete all art books? How long have you been playing it?

I am clocking 140 hours, around level 96, all super uniques left and a bunch of quests...so I think I still have at least more 10 hours of gameplay.

hutna

Me too... did you manage to complete all art books? How long have you been playing it?

I am clocking 140 hours, around level 96, all super uniques left and a bunch of quests...so I think I still have at least more 10 hours of gameplay.

I'm at 177 hours right now. All characters 99, all arts mastered, all skill trees mastered. Only trial/achievements I need are the full affinity and all heart to heart ones. I am playing it as I type this; just need heart affinity between reyn/riki, reyn/7th, reyn/melia (can you tell I didn't use him much? lol) and sharla/riki. Currently grinding those affinities out now, once I do I'll watch the remaining heart to hearts and be done with this play through (again, going to do a new game + to do all the alternate exclusive quests/migrants).

Thanks for the tips guys! Will try a few different combinations. Though I was never one to change parties too much, I usually stick with the folks I like (story wise) for some reason.

I mean, I'm even avoiding using Dunbam because I don't want ugly armors ruining his cool effect on cutscenes. Yeah, I'm that silly, lol.
That's no reason to not use Dunban! I always made sure he had my highest "cape"-type (for lack of better description) armor.

Melia and Shulk also got preferential treatment for not looking silly. Everyone else got best armor available, silly looking or not.

hutna

That's no reason to not use Dunban! I always made sure he had my highest "cape"-type (for lack of better description) armor.

Melia and Shulk also got preferential treatment for not looking silly. Everyone else got best armor available, silly looking or not.

I always tried to keep an eyepatch on dundun.

My favorite is (of course) Riki. He would always have glasses for head armor, swimsuit for body and hand armor and dino skull for feet. I somehow always imagined a pitched up Jack Black as Riki; I usually dislike the "mascot character" in RPGs, but Riki is my favorite character in this game. :)

pgtl_10

SPOILERS

I beat Xord and am now at the Nopon Village. I went back to Colony 9 and talked to one woman named Des'iree. She tells me that her father use to be a blacksmith who named his shop "Xord's Smithy" and that he died in the war that took place a year before the game. I'm not surprised that the Mechon have either a Hom soul or some form conscious. That is pretty evident from looking at Metal Face and realizing he is probably Dunban and Dickson friend who ran off during the battle.

What surprises me is that the game revealed such revelation in a simple conversation that amounted to know big CG cutscene or anything of that nature. Is there more to this story or is that how we discover the relationship between Mechon and certain Homs?
Edit: I don't know how to cover text. sorry

McNum

You make spoiler text like this: [spoiler]Spoiler text goes here.[/spoiler]

(And you make the forum ignore code with the [plain][/plain] code.)

hutna

So do you get anything new in the actual game in NG+? Like new bosses and side quests?

Sort of. There are several quests and some of the build-your-own-town subgame inhabitants that are exclusive to each other. Also the heart to hearts are basically conversation trees so playing the game again you can see different reactions to different answers you give in them.

Since all your power carries over, and the game doesn't get any more difficult in NG+ you can blaze through it and do these exclusive things quickly.

The other thing that NG+ is useful for is fully developing your characters. Since the maps you have don't transfer you can rediscover all the locations giving you big chunks of AP and SP that will allow you to max your arts and skills without grinding as much.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
End game spoilers:

Any of the missable Alcamoth quests really worth doing? Couldn't care less about doing more fetch quests for mundane items, but I'm willing to go to a previous save if there are any unique items and such that are lost forever.

Anything else substantial get locked out once the final dungeon becomes available?

heringer

Just did the
Prison Island section.
What an amazing cutscene, so awesome. This game is brilliant.

Anyway, can you guys give me an idea of how far along I am?

Feep

Banned
Just did the
Prison Island section.
What an amazing cutscene, so awesome. This game is brilliant.

Anyway, can you guys give me an idea of how far along I am?
Halfway-ish. Depends on your affinity for quests and side content, I suppose.

Just finished beating the shit out of the Telethia.

I haven't been able to play for about a week because of a crazy work schedule, so I was worried that it would be hard to get back into the game, but this game keeps blowing me away. I probably spent two or so hours just exploring Makna Forest.

Such a great game.

Holden

hey i just got this game and i was wondering even thow i think its sorta obvious should i play this on a wii controller or my gamecube controller ( can you plug a gamecube controller??)

edit : euh fuck just found out i need a classic controller

hey i just got this game and i was wondering even thow i think its sorta obvious should i play this on a wii controller or my gamecube controller ( can you plug a gamecube controller??)

edit : euh fuck just found out i need a classic controller

You can play it with the Wii remote and nunchuk, but I much prefer it with the classic controller. It comes down to personal taste.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
This won Gamespot's Wii GOTY?

I really liked Skyward Sword (and certainly don't agree with their review score for it) but I agree - Xenoblade is simply sublime.

WELL DESERVED.

i would of preferred the classic controller i think, but i don't have one T.T!

Well there are benefits and drawbacks to either setup:

The mote'n'chuck combo has the advantage of being easier to move and select arts during battle, but camera control is clumsy.

The classic controller assigns camera control to the right stick, which is great if you're constantly adjusting the camera during exploration. You can move and select arts at the same time during battle, but it requires a very awkward hand contortion. Depending on which character you're playing it can either be a big deal or none at all.

It really depends on your priorities.

Oxx

Regarding control options: It's also worth saying that with a Classic Controller your remote batteries will last a looooooonnnggg time.

I'm not sure if the fact that the game doesn't use motion would mean that the batteries would last longer than usual, though. I'm just bitter that I only got 18 hours out of them playing Skyward Sword.

Regarding control options: It's also worth saying that with a Classic Controller your remote batteries will last a looooooonnnggg time.

I'm not sure if the fact that the game doesn't use motion would mean that the batteries would last longer than usual, though. I'm just bitter that I only got 18 hours out of them playing Skyward Sword.

This is why I bought I USB battery pack; plug it into the computer (or the TV) for a while and I never have to worry about batteries again.

Luigiv

It will. Since the accelerometer and IR camera go unused, the nunchuck controls should last just as long as the classic controller.

Slair

I recieved Xenoblade for Christmas, was super fucking hyped to play it. I've not played my wii in like a year. Put the disk in, "unable to read disk". Turns out that it's on a dual layer and my wii doesn't want to read dual layers. I want to throw the fucking wii out the window right now!

Mr. Hyde

I finally gave this game another chance this weekend and it has clicked perfectly. I am 6 and a half hours into it and just reached the bionis kneecap. The gameplay and cutscene ratio has been perfect so far. I cannot wait to put more time into it.

So Dragon Quest VIII is my favorite rpg of all time. I know this is a action/turn based battle system, but you guys think i will enjoy this game as much? I loved the beautiful overworld in DQVIII, which this seems to have X10.

heringer

So Dragon Quest VIII is my favorite rpg of all time. I know this is a action/turn based battle system, but you guys think i will enjoy this game as much? I loved the beautiful overworld in DQVIII, which this seems to have X10.

If it helps, Dragon Quest VIII is my second favorite JRPG of all time and I'm having a blast with Xenoblade, which actually puts Dragon Quest VIII in third place (Xenoblade being first now).

If you thought Dragon Quest VIII's overworld was beautiful, just wait until you play Xenoblade. Get it, you will love it.

plufim

Finished it. Fantastic ending, what a freaking amazing game. 100 hours and I still probably only did 2/3 of the sidequests.

Hey Nintendo and Monolith, more JRPGs please?

sublimit

Banned
Man, imagine what Monolith will pull off with WiiU's hardware assuming they stick with Xenoblade's pholosophy.

If it will be a launch title i'll be seriously tempted to buy a WiiU on day one just for that game.But i want it to be a new IP or a sequel/prequel to Xenoblade.I don't care for a Xenoblade HD.

If it helps, Dragon Quest VIII is my second favorite JRPG of all time and I'm having a blast with Xenoblade, which actually puts Dragon Quest VIII in third place (Xenoblade being first now).

If you thought Dragon Quest VIII's overworld was beautiful, just wait until you play Xenoblade. Get it, you will love it.

Thanks just preordered from Gamestop. Picked up a Classic Controller Pro as well. Looking forward to dusting off the Wii in April. LOL

OMG Aero

Picked this up today for £9.99. I hope it's worth it! I have a feeling it will be.
I got it for this price the other day too and am enjoying it so far.

I don't suppose anyone knows if there are any 1080p Dolphin screenshots of the title screen floating around? It's so good I need it as a wallpaper.

exhume

Okay, I'm at level 72 and could use a lil' help:
just tried to fight the evil High Entia lady inside the Bionis' Heart and got owned pretty fast. What's the best way to gain levels at this point in the game?

Also, I noticed a new area with stupidly high level enemies just opened up in Tephra Cave, are there any other previously blocked areas now open to me? Cheers guys :D

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
just tried to fight the evil High Entia lady inside the Bionis' Heart and got owned pretty fast. What's the best way to gain levels at this point in the game?

Also, I noticed a new area with stupidly high level enemies just opened up in Tephra Cave, are there any other previously blocked areas now open to me? Cheers guys :D

Deja vu, seems like somebody has posted this exact same post, word for word, before.

For leveling up, try the Windy Cave on Bionis Leg, should have some enemies in the mid-70s that might give more experience than the ones where you are.

And that's the only area that really opens up, although once you get a certain item from a quest there are a few other smaller hidden areas.

Zornica

Banned

the best way to gain some lvls is to take 20 minutes and kill some creatures around your lvl.

most people would recommend wind cave, but the enemy density is nowhere near as high enough there to do it fast. I`d advice you to go to the first room of bionis interiour, and kill everything there (they should be lvl 72) -> save -> reload -> repeat.
you will need an ether based party to kill some of those creatures faster (melia/riki/dunban/7th/maybe shulk), It shouldn't take more than 20 minutes. btw: I'd use this opportunity to become familiar with melia, because when playing her the boss inside the heart will become a joke
good luck

Top Bottom