• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dadaan? He gives you 10 seconds to get out of your Skell, then says it's time to get out and blows it up. He won't blow it up when he's invincible halfway through and his team comes in or when his waifus are all over him at the start.

I had humanoidXX up the wazo like 5 of them each other Skell had like 2-3 of them

he is not the one that gives the Katana? I think I went to the wrong FN site

I need to make some EvasionXX

Was digging through the affinity chart out of curiousity. Realized something.

You get a whole quest trying to get Shingo to go out with Dorothy. Only to have him killed later as he was a member of Lao's team. Every member in Lao's team died in Sylvalum before the Worthian ambush on you.

Damn this game and it's branching arcs. The storyline isn't that great but the depth of the actions are great.

Teggy

Question about heart to hearts - if it says a prerequisite is the first heart to heart, is that overall or for that specific character? I can't get Gwins hth to trigger even though I watched Lin's.

Renewed

I had humanoidXX up the wazo like 5 of them each other Skell had like 2-3 of them

he is not the one that gives the Katana? I think I went to the wrong FN site

I need to make some EvasionXX

I remember doing it with a level 50 Skell loaded up with Humanoid Slayer and Beam weapons. He gives a gravity katana that'll help for later things (can make getting the ether katana easier, but for that I just pumped my beam and electric resistance up while I did damage).

Tell me how the evasion goes, I just kill him before he gets the chance to go invincible.

Fandangox

Question about heart to hearts - if it says a prerequisite is the first heart to heart, is that overall or for that specific character? I can't get Gwins hth to trigger even though I watched Lin's.

Specific character. Can't see a character's second heart to heart if you haven't seen the first.

I remember doing it with a level 50 Skell loaded up with Humanoid Slayer and Beam weapons. He gives a gravity katana that'll help for later things (can make getting the ether katana easier, but for that I just pumped my beam and electric resistance up while I did damage).

Tell me how the evasion goes, I just kill him before he gets the chance to go invincible.

Is Dadaan the right target for the Katana?

it was him that killed my whole team granted I did kill his girls

Just got this for Christmas. Is finishing the first one necessary to play this one? Is the story a direct sequel? Will I get more out of this if I play the first one? Or can I jump right in?

BY2K

Membero Americo
Pheonix is not as powerful as I thought it would be.

Oh hello there, "Opening Art does 40% more damage" augment.

Finally got the flying upgrade. My god, what an amazing moment. A "videogame" moment if theres any in XCX.

And the song that plays, yaaas I am ready to stan for whoever pop girl is singing it.

post game is dangerous all of my old safe to fast travel FN sites seem to have a beastly tyrant just lost a bunch of Skells again

this game has no mercy for my grind time

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Finally got the flying upgrade. My god, what an amazing moment. A "videogame" moment if theres any in XCX.

And the song that plays, yaaas I am ready to stan for whoever pop girl is singing it.
latest

<3

That's too long, given the size of the cast.

I agree for casuals wanting a quick wins/quick affinity content quests. It's manageable for everyone else. Slap a bunch of +thermal augments and first art bonus dmg augs/gear on a Phoenix wearing Skell and you can PL 2-3 people from 15 to 50 in like 20 minutes tops. Just run into a camp with like 10-15 mobs in it and boom.

The problem can be viewed as an opportunity. I wanted to get some good gear, and max a few extra classes so I could create my own hybrid. So I threw on Treasure Gear, swapped classes in my skell, and then picked up the people I never use and farm/PL'd them using the above strategy.

-Horizon-

Chapter 7 was a bit of a letdown. I mean the enemy mech was cool but I had already gotten 3 level 30 mechs and had explored most of oblivia so it was just fast travel for me lol

WVW69isqFd8epGz0ck

So did whatername squid face sexy butt alien die or not? I mean her mech got wrecked but they didn't really dwell on what happened to her.

I also did Suriella and Lara's side mission. That I didn't see coming.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
okay so I haven't looked for help in the game on combat or anything because at first glance its so similar to the original Xenoblade Chronicles. But the whole "green circle fills up to make it more powerful" was new to me, anything else I should know about combat? Or is there some tutorial I should know?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Tell me about it. Seriously, screw that place, ugh. On another note, can anyone tell me what I need to kill to get the Phoenix weapon for my Skell?
G-Buster is all you need; you probably need even less; just be sure to stack up on the Treasure Hunter armor if you can.

JulianImp

So, I just finished the main story and it so, well... dull by itself.

Elma and Lin being forced on you for all story missions was really annoying, since they weren't even interesting characters after all. The part about
Lin and Lao
bonding with each other was nice, but it didn't get nearly enough screen time to actually make me care all that much about that anyway. The avatar
not even mattering in the grand scheme of things was really weird, since it seemed pretty obvious that he/she was added far too late to actually give the avatar a part in the story.

Also, the twist about
Elma turning out to be an alien also felt rushed as hell, since she went "oh, one more thing... I'm actually an alien" and nobody batted an eye. Lao turning into a monster was awfully predictable given his tragic character arc with Lin, but it also felt like the game was trying to tug at my heartstrings with two characters that weren't all that well written anyway, so I hadn't come to sympathize their pleas and the way they tried to play off of each other.

And don't even get me started with the whole
the lifehold back-up had been destroyed all along, but mims continued to exist because... reasons. So the whole quest for the lifehold wasn't actually required anyway? Also, what was up with Lao waking up on a beach somewhere? Is it supposed to be some post-game quest or just a generic stinger for a possible sequel?

So, gameplay-wise X felt a lot better than the original Xenoblade, but the story was really weak and the way each characters' kits were built made them all feel same-y, as opposed to Shulk, Reyn, Dunban and the rest of the gang each having their own set of arts. It's funny that while Shulk felt boring due to how you couldn't even change his arts palette compared to his teammates, this game's MC is likely to end up with a ridiculously large pool of arts and skills to choose from while the rest of the team is stuck with a single weapon set's worth of arts and a single class' skills instead.

I still loved every single moment of it, except perhaps Lyn's Repair Job affintiy mission and how I got stuck in it for hours before I got enough mined items and managed to find out how I was supposed to get into Oblivia to pick up the items required for the quest.

I was standing outside the Behemoth Shadows cave in Sylvalum and I kept hearing some ticking noise. I was like WTF is that coming from.

Then I got closer and noticed this goddamn Tyrant right here frozen in place moving his head in different direction every tick. Scared the crap out of me. Dude was really well camouflaged.

skDf8eB.jpg

Sylvalum is so fucking dangerous

Yup. One second you're enjoying its beauty and the next you're getting destroyed in a second by some super OP creature.

I do like it when theres like a spore storm and you have nearly zero visibility. Makes traversing on foot even more fun and dangerous.

I was standing outside the Behemoth Shadows cave in Sylvalum and I kept hearing some ticking noise. I was like WTF is that coming from.

Then I got closer and noticed this goddamn Tyrant right here frozen in place moving his head in different direction every tick. Scared the crap out of me. Dude was really well camouflaged.

skDf8eB.jpg

Yup. One second you're enjoying its beauty and the next you're getting destroyed in a second by some super OP creature.

I do like it when theres like a spore storm and you have nearly zero visibility. Makes traversing on foot even more fun and dangerous.

that thing is pretty creepy

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
So, I just finished the main story and it so, well... dull by itself.

Elma and Lin being forced on you for all story missions was really annoying, since they weren't even interesting characters after all. The part about
Lin and Lao
bonding with each other was nice, but it didn't get nearly enough screen time to actually make me care all that much about that anyway. The avatar
not even mattering in the grand scheme of things was really weird, since it seemed pretty obvious that he/she was added far too late to actually give the avatar a part in the story.

Also, the twist about
Elma turning out to be an alien also felt rushed as hell, since she went "oh, one more thing... I'm actually an alien" and nobody batted an eye. Lao turning into a monster was awfully predictable given his tragic character arc with Lin, but it also felt like the game was trying to tug at my heartstrings with two characters that weren't all that well written anyway, so I hadn't come to sympathize their pleas and the way they tried to play off of each other.

And don't even get me started with the whole
the lifehold back-up had been destroyed all along, but mims continued to exist because... reasons. So the whole quest for the lifehold wasn't actually required anyway? Also, what was up with Lao waking up on a beach somewhere? Is it supposed to be some post-game quest or just a generic stinger for a possible sequel?

So, gameplay-wise X felt a lot better than the original Xenoblade, but the story was really weak and the way each characters' kits were built made them all feel same-y, as opposed to Shulk, Reyn, Dunban and the rest of the gang each having their own set of arts. It's funny that while Shulk felt boring due to how you couldn't even change his arts palette compared to his teammates, this game's MC is likely to end up with a ridiculously large pool of arts and skills to choose from while the rest of the team is stuck with a single weapon set's worth of arts and a single class' skills instead.

I still loved every single moment of it, except perhaps Lyn's Repair Job affintiy mission and how I got stuck in it for hours before I got enough mined items and managed to find out how I was supposed to get into Oblivia to pick up the items required for the quest.

Ending brings more questions then answers. Most of them being related to what nonsense Mira the planet is pulling.

If you haven't done the other Affinity quests you probably should. The sidequests and affinity quests have more meat then the actual story does.

Yelv's final one is particularly interesting.

Rurunaki

Great Monado this game is overwhelming.. I'm so afraid of missing quests/missions just because of how big the hub is plus then there's squad goals.. This is more mmo than a jrpg.

-Horizon-

Yeah, that was kinda dark.
The real Suriella never made it to NLA in the first place ;_;
At least it wasn't because
the impostor killed her so that made it...somewhat better? And at least she's willing to understand humans

skDf8eB.jpg

This game loves to troll.

Was digging through the affinity chart out of curiousity. Realized something.

[chapter 8 spoilers:) ]
You get a whole quest trying to get Shingo to go out with Dorothy. Only to have him killed later as he was a member of Lao's team. Every member in Lao's team died in Sylvalum before the Worthian ambush on you.

Damn this game and it's branching arcs. The storyline isn't that great but the depth of the actions are great.
The impact of humans getting killed is kind of (chapter 5 spoilers:)
lessened though because it's just their mims and they'll be back once the lifehold is secured.

I'm right there with ya. Got my flight module just now. I was prepared to be amazed, but then that song kicked in and it just elevated everything so much. This game man.

Edit:

Also found a cool location and took a picture with my squad. Look at our gaudy pretty colors.

HELLO IS THIS THING ON

WE CANT GO BACK TO WHERE WE CAME FROM

NOT TO SOUND CLICHE

BUT THIS WORLD SUCKS

Xenoblade X OST made me want to listen to Linkin Park again.

that thing is pretty creepy

It was almost as freaky as the infamous Thallus by the cliffside cave entrance in Noctilum.

At least it wasn't because
the impostor killed her so that made it...somewhat better? And at least she's willing to understand humans

I just felt so betrayed :(
She was the first NPC I talked to in the game. Though I think it would have been interesting if the imposter actually killed the real Suriella and then took her place. But that would make me hate her whereas now I'm sympathetic towards her wanting to become a part of human society.

Golnei

I'm right there with ya. Got my flight module just now. I was prepared to be amazed, but then that song kicked in and it just elevated everything so much. This game man.

I can't stand the singer or the lyrics, but it did work in context. I hope you're ready to keep hearing the first 3 seconds of the song over and over whenever you try to jump.

TheMoon

Guys, I'll leave you alone for the night in hopes that you won't fill 12 pages while I sleep. OT2 is ready to go and will be posted in the morning.

HELLO IS THIS THING ON

WE CANT GO BACK TO WHERE WE CAME FROM

NOT TO SOUND CLICHE

BUT THIS WORLD SUCKS

Xenoblade X OST made me want to listen to Linkin Park again.

In my head, I pretend Papercut is the battle theme and Lin listens to Crawling while tinkering on her Skell.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Oh man, what division do I join?

Jaw dropped when I saw that place.

Same. I loved how that area was teased in the early parts of Noctilum. You see small pools of red water here and there and as you slowly make your way up north, they get more and more frequent.

I wonder if that
giant flower / plant thing in the middle
has any story significance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom