• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| Welcome to New L+A a.k.a. Read the Frakkin' Manual!

random25

I can't imagine trying to grind out affinity through combat (lookin at you xenoblade wii). Takes forever. Might as well just wait until postgame.

Padding equipment with surge augs to the party while fighting something that won't easily die can be an easy affinity grind. You'll be flooded by soul voices that you'll wish you need more arts to accommodate their every request lol.

Finally, Telethia global defeated! It took 1 month for 8M+ RP!

Finally...do they reward former participants? I never joined the latest one.

Malus

Mmm this last 6% is going to be a massive grind.

Have to repeat this dumb support mission for affinity over and over to max out Mia, Phog, Alexa, Frye and Yelv, then grind for the ridiculous amounts of stuff you need for augments to take out the strong tyrants.

I'm almost wanting to just call it quits at 94% :p

The affinity grind is like 1/1,000,000th of the augment grind. That stuff's nasty.

Still got my blossom dance build though :p

I don't think I have it in me to grind for the skell augments I need to take out the strongest of the tyrants. Maybe one day.

The affinity grind is like 1/1,000,000 of the augment grind. That stuff's nasty.

Still got my blossom dance build though :p

I don't think I have it in me to grind for the skell augments I need to take out the strongest of the tyrants. Maybe one day.

Yeah @___@

Are any of the strong tyrants (that count for a segment completion) indoors that I'll need to finish off my ground gear setup for?

Otherwise I'm just getting my Telethia setup done for my Ares and hoping that works for everything I need to kill.

Malus

I wish fashion gear applied to weapons as well. I'd rock the (late game/endgame? normal quest spoiler)
Legendary Nopopopopon
all day.

edit: Listening to the soundtrack I'm pretty amazed that The Key We've Lost ended up being my 4th or 5th favorite song with mika in it.

So, how fast do you guys think this game can be beaten?

(Vena don't answer this lol)

I'd love to see a speedrun without fast travel, and maybe even skells. Just sprinting and moonjumping everywhere.

The final time would probably vary due to rng luck though with some of the required gathering missions.

lol no do you want to watch a complete snorefest

Malus

I'd love to see a speedrun without fast travel, and maybe even skells. Just sprinting and moonjumping everywhere.

The final time would probably vary due to rng luck though with some of the required gathering missions.

Are you kidding that'd be intense as fuck watching them try to execute every jump perfectly Xenoblade 64 style. Especially through all that uneven terrain.

Didn't you find a tweet from a player that is routing the game? I myself would really like to know more about how far along a speedrun route is going.

I'd say that early to mid game would be really easy to blaze through even on foot, but late game may need a really good preparation route.

Hey guys..

I finally managed to get my Skell and got few questions:

1) Is it normal that I feel weaker than without it?
2) I get into random battle modes like the one where it zooms to a visor view. I have no idea what to do then.
3) The "pin down" kinda move whereby I need to synchronies hitting B with the white circle several times. Although I do it, I have no idea why and what it really does
4) Any quick tips to make my skell stronger and has more Arts?

Thanks

no idea if that's a spoiler or not, so marked the whole thing :)

Didn't you find a tweet from a player that is routing the game? I myself would really like to know more about how far along a speedrun route is going.

I'd say that early to mid game would be really easy to blaze through even on foot, but late game may need a really good preparation route.
It's actually the opposite, earlygame is ass and post-skell is a breeze lol

(side note: are level 30 and 50 skells available by default or do you have to do something to make them appear in the shop? I'm assuming the former)

Vena

(side note: are level 30 and 50 skells available by default or do you have to do something to make them appear in the shop? I'm assuming the former)

They appear when you hit the level.

Ninferno

Beat chapter 12 today with 100 hours clocked. Despite hearing general dissatisfaction regarding the ending beforehand, I’m actually ok with it.
I can agree that there’re too many dialogs and they are nearly starting to test my patience, and the fact that the cut scenes aren’t well animated certainly doesn’t help. However, given how many twists/surprises the ending needs to convey, I will give Monolith soft a pass this time. Besides, I like most of the revelations in the end and think they did a good job in piecing the story together. Things like how they explain it would not be feasible to store massive amount of human bodies so instead they stored DNAs make the whole story a bit more believable to me. Maybe it is just me who didn’t really read much sc-fi fiction that could be easily amazed by simple stuffs like these. The after-credit cliffhanger sequel bait is really cheap though, but again if we actually do get an X2 then what am I to complaint about.

So, I love the world, like the combat, and I don’t hate the story, which means I absolutely enjoy my 100 hours with XCX, probably my GOTY tbh. I can see myself doing lots of post game stuffs but that might take a slower pace (not that I’m fast with the story though).

One thing I want to say is how much I wish the normal missions to have voiced dialogs. Yeah, the affinity missions have it and some of them are good. Normal mission on the other hand, are generally smaller in scale but the good ones are really good (better than the affinity missions IMO), especially those that revolve around inter-species relations, cultural shock and stuffs. They are the what make NLA and Mira a lively and vibrant gaming world, and I can’t imagine how much more effective they could have been if the dialogs are voiced instead of forcing you to read the lengthy texts. I understand there are cost/disc space constraints that make this pretty much impossible, but I still can’t help but daydream a bit.

Malus

One thing I want to say is how much I wish the normal missions to have voiced dialogs.

I actually disagree with this. One of my complaints for this game is that the voice acting for minor characters is very rough. I'm happier with the voices I make up for them tbh.

I also feel that the text dialogue allowed the writers to be a lot wackier with the characters. I can't imagine how some of it would be voiced properly.

Affinity mission spoilers
This is really noticeable with Mia. She's a total nutjob in her Normal missions, but in her affinity mission she's toned down.

I figured actually buying the Skells would be a huge issue in a speedrun, even if it's just Level 30's. I wonder how they manage that.

Level 30's are available by default (or appear when you reach level 30), and level 50 Skells require Level 5 in Sakuraba Industries.

Ryoku

What did you guys do to get 30% survey rate of Noctilum? I can't go onto chapter 5 because this task seems impossible given my level is only 22 at the moment. Do I just have to suck it up and level up?

What did you guys do to get 30% survey rate of Noctilum? I can't go onto chapter 5 because this task seems impossible given my level is only 22 at the moment. Do I just have to suck it up and level up?

Usually doing side quests (preferably red question marks you see around NLA) that take you to Noctolum will help your survey rate.

jonjonaug

Do sidequests in and around the area or ones in NLA that involve Noctilum, look for treasure in areas marked with the treasure icon, take tyrant killing quests and look around to locate tyrants, etc.

Hey guys..

2) I get into random battle modes like the one where it zooms to a visor view. I have no idea what to do then.
3) The "pin down" kinda move whereby I need to synchronies hitting B with the white circle several times. Although I do it, I have no idea why and what it really does

Thanks

Its not really a spoiler since you're just asking questions about your first skell.

1. Yes. The skell is generally stronger than your on foot soldier when you first get it, especially in defense and health.
2. When it goes to visor view, all it means is that the cooldown timer for all of your arts has been reset and you can use them all again.
3. Binds the enemy. They can't move and generally take more damage from attacks. If you're the one binding the enemy, it refills your fuel and hitting the perfect will give you TP.
4. Buy weapons for your skell from the armor store. Each skell weapon = one art and your skell can have up to 8 unique weapons (not including the auto attack weapons). Make sure you click the R button while browsing weapons to see which art each of them will give you. I also highly recommend saving up for the level 30 skells (under skell frames in the armor store) and skells for the rest of your party (especially Elma and Lin).

Another tip. If you haven't already, I highly recommend getting used to augments by now, especially for your skell. Those mechanoid slayer XX's will come in very handy for the upcoming parts.

Ryoku

Do sidequests in and around the area or ones in NLA that involve Noctilum, look for treasure in areas marked with the treasure icon, take tyrant killing quests and look around to locate tyrants, etc.

Usually doing side quests (preferably red question marks you see around NLA) that take you to Noctolum will help your survey rate.

Thanks. About what level do you think is appropriate to begin Chapter 5?

M

Macapala

Unconfirmed Member
Can anyone tell me why I get so few Soul Voices (not the B Button prompts) when fighting with skells? Am I missing something?

random25

Hey guys..

Thanks

No need to spoiler those. I mean, skells are already a known quantity even before release, so...

1. The first skell you get (the freebie) isn't really that strong, but it's pretty good when you give it some equipment. The true power of skells start when you purchase one.

2. Cockpit view is a random thing. It resets the cooldown of all your arts instantly so you can instantly use whatever strongest art you have used before cooldown. Plus it gives you immunity to damage on that sequence.

3. It binds your opponent making them unable to attack and evade. This allows your teammates to get free shots at the target. It also lets you refuel and build GP (if you hit the B prompt perfectly) to reach overdrive much faster.

4. Arts of skells are related to the weapons you equip them. Equip more if you want more arts. You may have a few on your inventory you can use for your level 20 skell. Though you can purchase more gear for your skell, some of the best weapons are dropped by the Ganglion forces (you know, those you fight at enemy base camps, especially the mech ones). So if you purchase a level 30 skell, going to base camps or searching for mechanoids to kill are your best options for skell weapons (as well as armor).

hmmm thanks guys

I'll never finish this game :(

Irina has gone AWOL on me can't find her at all checked her heart 2 heart locations

I need her to test out my overclock on foot build which I wish I could do solo

Malus

Why can't you?

I'm trying to infinite overdrive spent the last 2 days grinding Art TP Gain XX x3 but I still have a gap between overclock so now trying for an extend overclock XX to get an extra 25 seconds (Red Brandy is a bitch to get to drop)

I think I am also missing overclock skills on Cross that could help solo infinite but all youtube videos just brag about the exploit without really explaining step by step witch arts + skills + augments build the God-Mode I'm looking for on foot

I am also trying to create an Ares 90 that could do the same too so the grind is just taking much longer with trial and error farming all XX augments to see what works without a guide for the builds

Sad panda for missing the global nemesis stuff. Knew it was gonna die soon, didn't expect it to die while I was asleep, thought I had a few hours left to catch.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I'm trying to infinite overdrive spent the last 2 days grinding Art TP Gain XX x3 but I still have a gap between overclock so now trying for an extend overclock XX to get an extra 25 seconds (Red Brandy is a bitch to get to drop)

I think I am also missing overclock skills on Cross that could help solo infinite but all youtube videos just brag about the exploit without really explaining step by step witch arts + skills + augments build the God-Mode I'm looking for on foot

I am also trying to create an Ares 90 that could do the same too so the grind is just taking much longer with trial and error farming all XX augments to see what works without a guide for the builds
Huh, on ground, just hit the overdrive button again when in overdrive to extend it... unless you don't want to have any TP Ups.

everyone seem to love blossom dance

but I like Elma's Hundred Shells a lot

so right now I want to know if I could somehow have both?

Cross is maxed out on all Classes which should I be to have both Blossom and Shells active?

I'm guessing I just need a dual sword with my longsword equipped?

This guide should help you with h2hs, click on allies and scroll down: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...V4tjXXHLEhRMrARzZMYAUGmyZ4/htmlview?sle=true#

There are a couple mistakes in there I think but Irinia's is mapped out well.

I'll do that thanks

Its not really a spoiler since you're just asking questions about your first skell.

1. Yes. The skell is generally stronger than your on foot soldier when you first get it, especially in defense and health.
2. When it goes to visor view, all it means is that the cooldown timer for all of your arts has been reset and you can use them all again.
3. Binds the enemy. They can't move and generally take more damage from attacks. If you're the one binding the enemy, it refills your fuel and hitting the perfect will give you TP.
4. Buy weapons for your skell from the armor store. Each skell weapon = one art and your skell can have up to 8 unique weapons (not including the auto attack weapons). Make sure you click the R button while browsing weapons to see which art each of them will give you. I also highly recommend saving up for the level 30 skells (under skell frames in the armor store) and skells for the rest of your party (especially Elma and Lin).

Another tip. If you haven't already, I highly recommend getting used to augments by now, especially for your skell. Those mechanoid slayer XX's will come in very handy for the upcoming parts.

No need to spoiler those. I mean, skells are already a known quantity even before release, so...

1. The first skell you get (the freebie) isn't really that strong, but it's pretty good when you give it some equipment. The true power of skells start when you purchase one.

2. Cockpit view is a random thing. It resets the cooldown of all your arts instantly so you can instantly use whatever strongest art you have used before cooldown. Plus it gives you immunity to damage on that sequence.

3. It binds your opponent making them unable to attack and evade. This allows your teammates to get free shots at the target. It also lets you refuel and build GP (if you hit the B prompt perfectly) to reach overdrive much faster.

4. Arts of skells are related to the weapons you equip them. Equip more if you want more arts. You may have a few on your inventory you can use for your level 20 skell. Though you can purchase more gear for your skell, some of the best weapons are dropped by the Ganglion forces (you know, those you fight at enemy base camps, especially the mech ones). So if you purchase a level 30 skell, going to base camps or searching for mechanoids to kill are your best options for skell weapons (as well as armor).

Thanks guys. I'll tag this for when I reach home and get a chance to play.

I'm not familiar with augments, but will read about them now.

Is there a list/pic of what all the segment completion requirements are?

Need to track down these last few quests etc and slowly searching the world is not a good way to go about it :p

everyone seem to love blossom dance

but I like Elma's Hundred Shells a lot

so right now I want to know if I could somehow have both?

Cross is maxed out on all Classes which should I be to have both Blossom and Shells active?

I'm guessing I just need a dual sword with my longsword equipped?

I'll do that thanks

You can't equip two melee at the same time. If you like hundred shells then just go for dual guns+dual swords combo.

Here's an example for a dual guns+dual swords build focused in critical back stab:

Arts:
- Ghost walker
Use this as decoy/invincibility.

- Primer
Use this to boost TP and critical bonus.

- Killing Machine (1000 TP/blue art)
This is the same thing as Offensive Stand, it could be used to extend the overdrive.

- Zero Zero
To raise the overdrive number up, skip it after you hit maximum overdrive

- Side Slash
Normal attack, combo starter

- Backslash
Combo
- Shadowstrike
Combo
- Hundred Shell (Finisher)

Skills:
- Supreme Sword
- Fast Forward
- CQC Master
- Aura Assault
- Background Noise

Note: You need to make sure you strike enemy from its back to make this build work, though.

Well, I finally got those three last booster probes I'd heard about. This is going to be my final probe layout. Very suitable for post-game, but if you've been diligent in probe collection throughout the story, you can get something close in late-game.

Primordia
lHF22Ji.jpg

Noctilum South
lEW7IW7.jpg

Noctilum North
ZkOeJUF.jpg

Oblivia
Q7TXQQL.jpg

Sylvalum
YZTbJV9.jpg

Cauldros
q4nEcqg.jpg

You'll notice that my numbers have dropped slightly from my last post. HOWEVER, one number you don't see has risen dramatically. Allow me to show you...
0X3DUSC.jpg

So yeah, those three boosters I got all went straight to Noctilum for extra storage. With a whopping 104550 miranium storage capacity, I've officially reached set-it-and-forget-it status. As you're setting up probes early on, the main things you'll want to keep in mind are as follows:

• Don't be afraid to experiment with various probe grades to see what works better and what doesn't. In the early- to late-game, it's wise to save before playing with your layouts.
  • Focus your chains on higher ranking sites. There are exceptions, however; with mining, sites with resources take precedence, and with revenue, sightseeing spots take precedence.
  • The duplicator in the east Oblivia junction point is where the majority of your overall revenue will come from. Find those sightseeing spots and buff the setup as best as possible.
  • Generally speaking, you want to prioritize sightseeing spots over revenue grade. An E-2 (rank E with two sightseeing spots) has better revenue potential than a B-0, for example. Probe grade plays heavily into this, however.
  • When placing mining probes, always prioritize sites with the rarest resources. These are Dawnstone in Primordia, Cimmerian Cinnabar in Noctilum, Ouroboros Crystal in Oblivia, Parhelion Platinum in Sylvalum, and Bonjelium in Cauldros. Higher grade probes will yield bigger hauls per cycle. You can always sell them for extra cash, and once they start auto-selling, they'll boost your effective revenue significantly.
  • Northern Noctilum has the best layout for storage probes. Focus your efforts there. Until you hit around 80k storage, you'll want to try to get your miranium income per cycle to always exceed your storage (unless you're prioritizing revenue).
I think that pretty much covers everything. Happy probing!
tag :3

Zareka

Man, is it normal to get completely obliterated by mobs my own level? I'm trying to do the My Angel, My Lana and White Lifehold quests and my party gets pummelled in seconds. The thing is I have level appropriate gear and survivability/tanking skills on Lin and it feels like they do jack. What on earth am I doing wrong? I figured this'd improve the further on in the game I got but it hasn't.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So North Noctilum is the best place to drop storage probes eh?

Also I realized the Mira theme is Noctilum lol

Rockk

I don't know if there's a consensus on best layout, but this is the postgame layout I posted a few pages back:

Only lay down enough mining probes to get slightly above your miranium capacity, then fill the rest of your empty spaces with research probes. And focus on Oblivia near the duplicator for maximum revenue potential. For what it's worth, I was routinely pulling in 150k to 200k in credits once I got the flight module, and the numbers just kept going up as I accumulated more probes.

Awesome! Thank you very much.

de_reddy

Neo Member
I got myself the OST in september and it's all i've been listening to last months. I can't understand people find it inferior to the original Xenoblade's soundtrack. Songs like In the forest, The key we've lost and even Black tar are on a whole other level. Sad it won't get as much exposure as it deserves.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I already said the field music in this game immediately trumps anything, and I mean fucking ANYTHING, from XB.

rhandino

Banned
The Light Armor set from Six Starx looks so fucking rad on Elma but looks a little too big on male characters.

Whats a good way to grind affinity post-game?
Support Mission in the BLADE console in the BLADE Barracks (The one used for the Division/Multiplayer/Leaderboards/etc...)

Shawn6661

Since you don't have a Verus, I'm going to take a leap and assume your party is lacking in G-busters. I forget how much the level 30 versions cost, but I would advise purchasing some for your whole party if you can afford it. Gravity is that boss's greatest weakness, followed by beam.

edit: In the long term, saving up for a level 50 skell would definitely be nice for the final chapters, but I definitely would invest in a few g-busters since there are a limited amount of gravity weapons, and bosses are weak to gravity throughout the final chapters (I also did chapter 12 with only level 30 skells, it's probably more important to get your ground game strong at that point). I think you can farm level 30 g-busters at the entrance to sylvalum too.

The twist is, as good as gravity is for the later story chapters, after you beat the story you'll probably start focusing on any element except gravity.

Thx. So if i get this right, i need to grind a couple of millions and buy a lvl.50 verus and equip it with g-buster and i ll be fine for chapter 10 till the end ?

Hm, I completed Line of Fire, but I don't see Alex's Last Stand. I haven't seen anything about it being locked behind a chapter... anyone know anything about this?

The spreadsheets list after what chapter Quests open up

Thx. So if i get this right, i need to grind a couple of millions and buy a lvl.50 verus and equip it with g-buster and i ll be fine for chapter 10 till the end ?

IIRC it's more because the Verus comes with a G-Buster. Buying/farming G-Busters is probably an easier option if you can't buy the Lv.50 Verus atm.

Top Bottom