• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| Welcome to New L+A a.k.a. Read the Frakkin' Manual!

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Definitely don't think thats the case, at least for characters. I was tapping blindly on hexes in the admin district and getting blue checkmarks, there were no "new" indicators that I saw (well there were a couple but they didn't correspond to characters)

They 110% pop up on the mini-map.

Definitely don't think thats the case, at least for characters. I was tapping blindly on hexes in the admin district and getting blue checkmarks, there were no "new" indicators that I saw (well there were a couple but they didn't correspond to characters)

I literally just did this ten minutes ago and I am telling you there was no indication in any of the hexes that a character could be found there until after I blindly tapped them all. The "so and so is here" notifications popped up because of tips people in this thread gave that led to me checking all of those otherwise unmarked hexes.
It's the case, BUT then because this game hates you the characters aren't in their spots a good % of the time.

Case in point, Irina disappeared recently in my game. I assume this means she's chilling out at her heart to heart spot, but I don't know! Maybe she died!

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Whatever. Taking a break. I want to have fun with this game and I don't want to sour on it, so I have to stop while I'm in this mood or I'll just hate it and stop playing.

Renewed

Someone asked for putting recruitable characters on a map of NLA? I have the images from the Prima guide so I can do so unless they want to.

WoW i have like 23℅ after exploring alot of the 5 continents(installing probes, missions, defeating monsters, etc) sometimes im not sure how are you supposed to survey that thing

Whether it's probe installation, missions or defeating monsters, it'll take some time to work up to where you need to be to handle things. I had lots of times where I happened upon probe sites that were just beyond my mechanical level so I had to come back later, or places that can't be reached on foot. Tyrants are tricky because even with a good "kill everything" setup, they may have some unique feature. I remember coming across a Tyrant Forfex (crab) out at sea while I was exploring and it would only take 1 damage. I hit it with Beam Res Down and started doing noticeable damage.

Missions can also be tricky because quest givers needed to be located. Typically, a mission segment out in Mira means that's where it ends so I look around key areas first. Or in rare cases, I check online to see where some obscure quest giver may be (
The Duel IV... why? Zazazan who went on to Sylvalum was easier to piece together...
)

Finally, always interacting with NPCs in NLA. Probably 20% of my 260ish hours were always checking on NPCs and seeing how they were. Because more often than not, there would be segment updates to show affinity shifts.

Lots of these things were helped by segment updates out at base camps or in NLA. Others by looking online for stupidly obscure things.

I'm curious, how many times do you have to run over a small enemy in a Skell to kill them? (no other attacks)

I was stepping on 5 Blattas for 6 minutes.

I'm wondering if something is messed up, or I just have no idea where to go for the "Heir Apparent" quest.

The google doc says you need to have gotten the Sapphire Ring from the potamus, and then to talk to the nopon. I got the ring, but I go to the caravan in Sylvalum and he's not there anymore, when I had talked to him before I got the ring. Did he move, and is somewhere else now?
The time of day has changed. They are there in the morning at least:
WVW69iuECAQmvb_KH-

Jisgsaw

Whatever. Taking a break. I want to have fun with this game and I don't want to sour on it, so I have to stop while I'm in this mood or I'll just hate it and stop playing.

Just re-read all that, to be clearer in the explanation:
When you have a new info on a hexagon in NLA, you'll see a blue check mark on the concerned hexagon on the map of the district.
You'll also see an orange "New" indication on the picture of the distirct in the "world" map.
What you won't see is a "New" marker on the hexagon in the district map.
For info on a hex outside of NLA, you just have the blue check on it.

EDIT: or not. Sorry, remembered it wrong.

Someone asked for putting recruitable characters on a map of NLA? I have the images from the Prima guide so I can do so unless they want to.

Oh no, by all means, do it, saves me the trouble :D

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Just re-read all that, to be clearer in the explanation:
When you have a new info on a hexagon in NLA, you'll see a blue check mark on the concerned hexagon on the map of the district.
You'll also see an orange "New" indication on the picture of the distirct in the "world" map.
What you won't see is a "New" marker on the hexagon in the district map.

This clarifies things, thanks, while also making them sound more stupid. I do have to insist though that there were not blue check-marks on the district map until after I had tapped them blindly, I am 150% certain of this

Haunted

I'm curious, how many times do you have to run over a small enemy in a Skell to kill them? (no other attacks)
One hit does like ~900 damage. You can calculate it from there depending on their level and corresponding HP pool if you really want to know. :p

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
This clarifies things, thanks, while also making them sound more stupid. I do have to insist though that there were not blue check-marks on the district map until after I had tapped them blindly, I am 150% certain of this
You are correct, a blue check signifies that you LOOKED AT IT on the segment map. Otherwise it says NEW. It's not stupid because what Jisgsaw said in point 1 and 3 are wrong.

Jisgsaw

You are correct, a blue check signifies that you LOOKED AT IT on the segment map. Otherwise it says NEW. It's not stupid because what Jisgsaw said in point 1 and 3 are wrong.

Hum, may be my bad, sorry.

Malus

Aaaaaand Chapter 12 finished...duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude

It was also the first time I genuinely laughed at the Tatsu/Lin food joke

Kinda sad I was kinda spoiled on some parts but it was still great. Jeez.

Golnei

Rock...that voice though.

And come on, what are the chances that they almost completely resemble the duo you fought lol

I don't mind Rock's voice, it's at least better than Daghan.

Though the coincidence might have been less contrived if they'd made them the same species.

Yeah I meant using the freefall combo on the ground would trigger a normal jump.

Doesn't using that combination on the ground usually result in jumping and freefalling as well? A solution that only used ZR - double-tapping or holding, for example - might conflict with the existing mapping less.

Dimmle

It's the case, BUT then because this game hates you the characters aren't in their spots a good % of the time.

Case in point, Irina disappeared recently in my game. I assume this means she's chilling out at her heart to heart spot, but I don't know! Maybe she died!
These are the severe usability problems with XCX that make me think twice before recommending it, despite having found enjoyment in other aspects.

These are the severe usability problems with XCX that make me think twice before recommending it, despite having found enjoyment in other aspects.
I have to wonder how kuch playtime would be if more of the menial tasks and bullshit were automated, removed, or streamlined

Fucking hell. I'm in a bit of a pickle.

Rekt my Skell several times while grinding stronger enemies and now I can't afford to repair it, or buy anything else for that matter. Any tips on how to grind currency in a reasonable amount of time?

Golnei

Rekt my Skell several times while grinding stronger enemies and now I can't afford to repair it, or buy anything else for that matter. Any tips on how to grind currency in a reasonable amount of time?

Optimise your probe setup (there are several 'ideal' layouts circling at the moment) and leave the game on overnight while holding down the stick. Just make sure you have all the required sightseeing spots.

Optimise your probe setup (there are several 'ideal' layouts circling at the moment) and leave the game on overnight while holding down the stick. Just make sure you have all the required sightseeing spots.

idle does not work

no tricks seem to work for overnight money

Zafir

idle does not work

no tricks seem to work for overnight money

Hmm? I idled for cash the other week when I was trying to save up for my 50 mech. You just have to make sure you're not on the menu, and you don't get disconnected(or make sure you get disconnected before you do it).

Hmm? I idled for cash the other week when I was trying to save up for my 50 mech. You just have to make sure you're not on the menu, and you don't get disconnected(or make sure you get disconnected before you do it).

you'll get the first few ticks of revenue then it stops giving out cash

at least that is what I have seen

I even took off the power saving mode so the Wii U stays awake left it on while I slept it was offline so I don't see a trick that works
I was thinking about testing a place where the crystals would respawn an it would collect those every 10 minutes of so to test that

R00bot

you'll get the first few ticks of revenue then it stops giving out cash

at least that is what I have seen

I even took off the power saving mode so the Wii U stays awake left it on while I slept it was offline so I don't see a trick that works
I was thinking about testing a place where the crystals would respawn an it would collect those every 10 minutes of so to test that

Do the crystals respawn if you're near them? I thought it was only with distance and fast travel that they did that.

Do the crystals respawn if you're near them? I thought it was only with distance and fast travel that they did that.

got to test it out I know a few spots

but I was using return to Skell

I think I heard the sound while I was idle and eating dinner so I'll have to see
it seems like the dev workout out a lot of anti idle cheats

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So after getting my 3rd level 50 skell I decided to go out and fight those fucking Everlasting Millesaurs. It was going well, until it started attacking back. Those things hit harder than tyrants of the same level, fucking christ I had an easier time with a level 70 tyrant. What does it take to murder these things?

PetrCobra

that feeling when you replace your level 50 Skell with the Ares 90.

flamethrower.gif

Hahaha yeah. I'm in everyone's face now. Lost the skell many times because I'm trying to beat all the tyrants, but thankfully no lost insurance so far.

I can't get enough of this game. The top level gear and augments are depressingly hard to get but just running/flying around killing mobs and tyrants and increasing the recon rate in the various continent was enough to keep me entertained all evening today. Found a few new locations, even one in Primordia - didn't think that was still possible. Oh and finished the Primordia's Collectopedia. I had Noctilum first because of one collectible in Primordia that apparently has quite a rare drop and seems to only be obtainable in one particular cave. But I have it now. Didn't even know until I picked up two of them which finished a quest, so I went to check and my suspicion was right - the thing was nowhere to be found in the Collectopedia. So I spent the next 15 minutes in the cave, looking for another one.

Sell the thing and buy a new one. Remove all gear and augments first..

So...what's the point of Ares 70?

I guess it's easier to get? I'm definitely building one just to see if it's anywhere near as strong as 90.

So after getting my 3rd level 50 skell I decided to go out and fight those fucking Everlasting Millesaurs. It was going well, until it started attacking back. Those things hit harder than tyrants of the same level, fucking christ I had an easier time with a level 70 tyrant. What does it take to murder these things?

Just give up for now I'd say. I couldn't do it with Lv. 50s either. But the Ares 90 kills them easy. Now that Lv. 92 Milesaur Tyrant is another thing... (Even the Lv. 85-ish in Noctilum is pretty hard... but I killed that Lv. 70-something eventually)

So I've been trying the An Ancient Legend sidequest and
how do I get Slovity to help?

Seriously can I get some help here? Here is the quest summary
"Work with the Tree Clan to repel wild indigens. Depending on how it goes, you might need to team up with another clan..." I assume that means Slovity, but I finish the quest and a character dies because she didn't help.
What am I doing wrong?

just checked at the cave after taking all the crystals I just stood at a spot I got the last ones

they all respawned and I heard the sound of collecting a few

I'll keep standing here to see if those respawn if I do not clear the room

edit: looks like you have to clear that room

I'll try another place that has a few crystals on a building but the weather will kill idle players maybe

I've done it with two level 50s and two 30s, but I have to go after the weakest ones (in the east) and I typically lose a few skells by the end of it. You need good weapons. Like orange G-Busters. Also, destroy their feet first.

Top Bottom