• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X: website update (March 19) - Monsters, arts, video and +

L~A

Another website update today... there's not too much, but it's cool stuff.

March 19th said:
Monster showcase

img_battle02_01.png
img_battle02_02.png
img_battle02_03.png

img_battle02_04.png
img_battle02_05.png
img_battle02_06.png

img_battle02_07.png
img_battle02_08.png
img_battle02_09.png

img_battle02_10.png
img_battle02_11.png

Siliconera got that part translated.

Battle video about special / unique monsters

Concept-art by Mr Arai

g_img_arai01.jpg

Full gallery here: click!

Short story

Screenshots:

alvis.exe

Crap this game just keeps looking better and better. Those views are absolutely gorgeous! (Love the land bridge screenshot) Monster designs are awesome! The Unique/Overed battle theme isn't You Will Know Our Names level but it doesn't sound too bad.

Also is that a new alien species I spy? Betting that we'll be getting a Colony 6-type thing where more and more aliens start moving in as the story progresses and we'll get quests involving humans and aliens clashing and coming to understand each other... Can NOT wait!!

can't seem to get excited about this game even tho the monsters and world look so nice. none of the characters appeal to me at all, and i hate the idea of a silent, customizable protag. hope the characters we haven't seen yet are interesting.

random25

I like that in this game some enemies blend with the environment colors acting like a camouflage. We have a lot of those in the desert areas but these monsters too may look like leaves and rocks from afar, especially the one on the left side.

img_battle02_06.png

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Can anyone offer a rough translation of what's happening in the video? Watching it made me think that it's early in the game (since they fight a Lv. 5 enemy), they encounter a bunch of dead monsters, and decide to challenge the monster that killed them. Maybe it's also serving as a tutorial for targeting different parts of enemies?

random25

Can anyone offer a rough translation of what's happening in the video? Watching it made me think that it's early in the game (since they fight a Lv. 5 enemy), they encounter a bunch of dead monsters, and decide to challenge the monster that killed them. Maybe it's also serving as a tutorial for targeting different parts of enemies?

Introduction to "Overed" monsters, or Unique Enemies.

udivision

Introduction to "Over'd" (Unique) monsters.

Nemecyst

This is the first time we are seeing those aliens with antenna, isn't it? And the first of the environment screenshots is the connecting area from Primordial Wilderness to Land of White Ash, if I'm not mistaken. I love this style of revealing new info.

Verger

Banned
Some great Art and Creatures.

I wonder though. The Concept Art shows some of the large destroyed remnants of the Ark Ship sticking out of the ground, most prominently the "nose" section. I don't think we've seen an Environment with that one yet though in the "worlds" shown so far.

Remember, that piece should be the size of NLA

moolamb

Looking good.

What are all the short stories about?

BLADE Part 1: Upon that Nameless Planet - Tatsu's adventure leading up to the moment the colony ship crashes on Mira.

BLADE Part 2: Our Beautiful Blue Birthplace, a Sphere of Water Suspended in Space...Earth - The captain of the colony ship White Whale recounting the journey from escaping Earth to crash landing on Mira and encountering the first monsters.

24 Hour Happy People Part 1: Do People Really Eat to Live, or do they Live to Eat? - Lynlee Ku on the colony ship as it wanders through space, goes to find some ingredients to cook up a real meal for the crew, but encounters some shady characters in the back streets of NLA.

24 Hour Happy People Part 2 just released and is probably a continuation of that.

edit: fixed links to gessenkou's translations.

Gambit

Wait is the protagonist silent in this game?

it seems so, outside of battle cries. The large cast choice of possible voices at least give that indication.

Maybe we'll get a late game plot twist
when Cross realises who he truly is, he will find his voice/personality again. Then he/she will have a few lines.

L~A

Hey Zolbrod, think you could translate the stuff from the website? Except the short story of course, that's a bit too much, ha ha.

Oh, and today's tweets too.

I think StreetsAhead is busy at work, so we need someone to cover for him :)

AdanVC

Sweet jesus! And to think that all of that will be explorable and playable makes me drool! This game is looking so good. Love the variety on creature design.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I really love Elma's voice. I hope they chose an English voice that is as fitting to the character like the Japanese one is.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I want to overhype myself, but seriously: so far this game has the best "overworld" I've ever seen in a videogame. there are bigger or better, in terms of tech, overworlds, probably, but this mixes really well both tech, art direction, variety, richness, mistery and so on...

L~A

In retrospect, I think that was a kinda 'light' update compared to the previous weeks. To be honest, I thought Nintendo would launch their own website today, but I guess it's going to be next week or something.

patientx

If only the combat mechanics were a bit like monster hunter this game will be the game to take with you to that deserted island.

Top Bottom