• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XIII remake is probably the most broken game I've seen in the latest years

stranno

2 minutes into the game and the meme showcase has already started:

q1tC8KN.gif

Hey dude, you are dead. Oh, I see, my apologies.

xtG9Mql.gif

DiCaprio Voice: I'm the King of the World!!!!!

b1yQlGp.gif

Excuse me guys..

OpEFDdT.gif

Serious acrobatic death right there.

i3q9v2I.gif

Death animations are completely delayed/broken in a funny way.
Cinematics are terrible.
XIII (highest dificulty) mode is a joke.
Graphics overall are alright.

Last edited:

SALMORE

oh noo , i was looking forward to playing it ... hope they fix it soon

i have the Gamecube version but i never finished it

renzolama

Death animations are completely delayed/broken in a funny way.

I'd be interested to see a comparison with the original, seems like it could be a stylistic choice to go with the campy bad movie theme. I could find an answer in 20 seconds of youtubing but I'm too lazy for that, I've only got enough energy to spend 60 seconds typing this reply instead.

Last edited:

Orta

Banned
I loved the original but I ain't touching this with a barge pole until its fixed and is a fraction of the rrp.

They fucked up

EmeQ4_1VcAAf3Mu
The original doesn't look good at all (but not bad for PS2). I prefer the remake's graphics, they just look more pleasing to me, like they're a more modern cel-shading technique.

One negative thing is the hair, why are so many cel-shaded games giving their characters plastic hair? This game isn't Toy Story...

... they removed the cell shading?
No, there's actually more cel-shading without it being forced with huge outlines. It's a more current gen look.

Last edited:

Kerlurk

Banned

Last edited:

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Damn, I was close to preordering this on the weekend when I bought Terminator Resistance. Looks like one game is bad enough. Was really looking forward to XIII though.

BlackM1st

Banned
I remember epic "multiplayer" against bots. Loved it very much. Especially throwing knife. Game had style and surprisingly satisfying combat.

MiguelItUp

Man, so sad. I was curious because I always wanted to play the original but never got around to it. I was concerned cause the silence of this remake was abundant. But I saw they had a collector's edition with a steelbook case and what not. I figured they surely wouldn't be doing that if the game had SOME kind of promise.

Guess I was wrong lmao.

Tschumi

somewhere, a graphics dude is having a beer with friends raging about how shit all of his colleagues were - citing the op of this thread, 'my graphics were fine! my graphics were fine! those everythingelse dudes were trassh... ffffffFuck!'

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Thankfully that's fixable, it does not look like it's broken to the core.

Orta

Banned
Shoddy beyond belief. The developers should be docked all pay until the game is completely fixed.

There's not even a mention on their twitter page of the mess they have made despite the fan outcry. Just a picture of a fucking xiii themed celebration cake and backslapping for finishing the game.

Idiots.

I'm amazed they even did a remake. I liked the game but it sold pretty poor iirc and there was never a sequel.
Based on a French comic nobody ever read I believe?

sephiroth7x

Gutted. Loved and finished the original on the Xbox back in the day - hated the cliffhanger ending and was hoping some remake success would get it all finished off with a potential sequel. Obviously not a chance now :/

reptilex

Banned
I'm amazed they even did a remake. I liked the game but it sold pretty poor iirc and there was never a sequel.

I read the original comics, it was okay, the game was surprisingly okay for a french game in it's time.

This remake is unfortunately not surprising at all for a french game...

Cato

Banned
Why does the 17 year old PS2 version have graphics that look enormously better than the 2020 remake?

wipeout364

Thanks for the update. I was interested in this but concerned about the lack of news. I did watch a couple streams and it looks pretty rough. definite pass at this point.

Teslerum

Eh, that's unfair. XIII is a decently big franchise. Made for tv movie with Val Kilmer, 2 seasons of a tv series. 24 volumes of a comic and 5? volumes of a spin-off.

Top Bottom