• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XSEED has no intention to bring Fatal Frame games

farnham

Banned
Apparently there's debate over how much they actually own (Or there was back in June, at least). Project Zero 2 is still listed as owned by Tecmo on the box, I believe.
i think it is established that
We wont see fatal frame on other consoles anymore
Tecmos fatal frame team is still tecmos employees (if they get their salary reimbursed by nintendo i dont know)
Tecmo usually does not publish the games any more but still has their logo on the box
Ew. Are there any pictures of the redesigned ghosts online?

Should be youtube walkthroughs

For what its worth I have the game right here and on the box it says 'Project Zero is a trademark of Tecmo Koei Games Co. Ltd.'

Regardless of the exact nature of the relationship between Nintendo and Tecmo or the IP ownership, that wasn't what my previous post was about so I'll clarify:

- Tecmo is the developer, Nintendo is the publisher.
- Nintendo Europe localised the game into five languages, including English.
- Nintendo America have (so far) passed up publishing a game developed by Tecmo.
- Contact Tecmo Koei America not XSEED Games.
- Make mention of the fact that some kind of deal between Nintendo America and XSEED Games was made for The Last Story and Pandora's Tower.
- Ask Tecmo Koei America if they would consider entering into a similar arrangement with Nintendo America so they could publish Project Zero 2: Wii Edition in North America.

The worse they can do is decline to put it out themselves. The best outcome is North America get the game and any sales no matter how low, could help ensure future Project Zero games are released internationally.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Well, XSEED also said they weren't planning on pursuing Pandora's Tower, and look where that got us. But I can see why they wouldn't, this won't catch nearly as much attention or interest as Pandora's Tower.

And why did GAF New Thread tell me this thread was just a few minutes old?

IrishNinja

shame, 2 would've been cool with motion controls.

It's really refreshing, in this industry of "no comment" and "we have not announced plans for this," to see the people at XSEED actually act like human beings when they talk to fans.

these are my thoughts as well, even a firm "no" is a lot better then we usually get

Top Bottom