• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XSS / XSX SSD takes 12 seconds to boot up outter world

Status
Not open for further replies.
So today just now this was revealed by MS :

cDng6jJ.png

That's not so bad . I expected a bit faster especially since its a last gen game but much better than before for sure.

Shubh_C63

Neat. Seems about alright.

Though if my laptop is booting in around the same time I would had expected a machine dedicated to a single curated tasks to be much much faster.

pasterpl

This is last gen game, we don’t know if it was optimised for xva...

it is not kena loading 2s to menus, have we actually seen a proper loading sequence on ps5 or is it all just hearsay’s? /s

rob305

Unoptimized game, still would expect it to be brute forcing faster since the SSD is more than 5x faster

MarkMe2525

Cool. Loading isn't a big deal for me but any reduction is nice. Ps5 owners gonna see even better reductions of course. I will say I tired to boot up mass effect Andromeda last night (I've never booted it up on my X1X) and that shit took so long to load, I thought that it crashed.

splattered

This is a previous gen game built around mechanical hard drives with tons of duplicated assets. Kena built for ps5 SSD and well optimized so of course it will load much quicker. To me 12 seconds is a huge improvement for older style built game that is probably still not super optimized. Once MS drops support for new XBO games in a year or so we will probably be looking at 4 or 5 seconds for straight up SSD games and 8 to 10 seconds for older style XBO games when you want to go back and play them.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.

Bergoglio

12 seconds for xbox, 7 seconds for PS5, I suppose.

I still buy the most powerful hardware.

Last edited:

Entroyp

Wait a second (ha!)... is that 12 seconds or .12 seconds?

Edit: oooh it’s an Xbone game, so probably not using the VA...

Last edited:

Trogdor1123

Not sure why everyone thinks this is so bad, it's like 1/4 of what it used to be. That's pretty great. People were dropping hundreds on replacement drives in PS4 to get a 20% or less increase and were happy.

This is a bullshit comparison. The Kena devs aren't saying where you are after 2 seconds. They could be talking about the splash screen (the artwork you see when you start a game) taking only 2 seconds for all we know, since the game is "booted" once that splash screen is gone.

From start to being in the game (which is being measured here) won't be much faster on PS5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom