• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XSX Call of Duty Vanguard Beta Client is Broken

bighugeguns

I have both.

Flirty Flirting GIF
Yeah.

xiseerht

It is a beta , so it is good to let them know what issues you are having. That is kinda the whole point of a beta.

DoomGyver

Artifacts, sound, its just difficult to see the enemy even at 4k. I know they’re working on improving all of these issues but its rough. Xsx I enjoyed sledgehammers WW2, so I’m hopeful that these things will be addressed.

Unplayable for me last night. Each doorway and window (even when open) would have a fully opaque black texture. And you could be shot through it.

Yamisan

Its doing you a favor. Its the worst COD in the last 10 years, some how managing to be even worse than Cold War.

Andodalf

Banned
Only played a bit on my Ps5, but it to me just feels like a poor mix of Mw and Cold War. I’d rather play either. I hope zombies is better

Barakov

Gold Member
Seems like the PC is broken too. Both PC and Xbox have a Packet Burst bug that makes it unplayable. If you can get in a game it’ll run at 1fps and eventually crash.

The PS5, the platform with the marketing deal, doesn’t have this problem.
interested kevin nash GIF

Mr Moose

Look at this shit!

5AKt2vt.jpg
I hope that shield blocks projectiles lol.

I downloaded the open beta after hating the "alpha" because my friend made me, shit's the same, its a terrible CoD. Even WWII was better than this shite.
Deleted it after one game.

PerfectDark

Banned
If your old and played games in the 90s and early 2000s than all games feel like crap now. Gaming has changed for the worse. More people play games than ever and it triggered greed and now games are just a cash grab where they use to be a art.

Once something only becomes about money its ruined. Old Battlefields and CoDs crap on current versions. Diablo 2 got remastered and it craps on PoE and ever arpg made 20+ years after Diablo 2. Guild Wars 2 craps on New World which releases soon. Tecmo Super Bowl's franchise mode was better than Madden 22. I think Tecmo came out 32 years ago.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Just played on Xbox Series X.

Everything worked fine. No glitches, freezes, frame rate hitches or anything.

But what a piece of shit game. Deleted it already.

- Graphics are ok. Nothing special Could be a One X game and I'd never know
- As people noted, the worst sounding COD game ever. Sounds are all really muted. A PS1 era game sounds better
- Some dumb dialogue beginning of a match where narrator is yelling about shit like "watch what you see, feel, smell"
- Modes give options like Tactical, Blitz and another.... where the game can be 6 vs 6 or 10 vs 10 etc.. It's defaulted on ALL. So if you like traditional 6v6, set the filter to Tactical
- No doubt something is wrong with lag or something even though the game says my ping is under 50 ms. You'll get killed out of nowhere, but never see anyone in front of you even for a second. But then watch the kill cam and he was there
- Way too fast. Everyone is sprinting around like it's MW 2 and everyone is on unlimited sprint
- Lots of recoil and fast TTK. These point are fine. Like old CODs
- That Hotel map is a clusterfuck rat maze
- The outdoors wintery map and one with the beach are much better

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Wooof this is gonna do much poorer numbers this year. Save us battlefield and Halo. I can’t see Sony renewing the market deal after this. It supposedly costs an absolute fortune.

I'm lvl 20 now on series x played from the start , encountered bugs like 2 times in total where some textures were bugging out ,
Game looks ok , wz and mw 2019 looks cleaner , but this has density to it , there are slot more items and stuff when ur in the middle of building, maps flow fine too.
I like it overall will play at launch

Inspector Q

Looks, feels and sounds like a downgraded version of the 2019 game. That audio is the real issue, though. What on earth happened with that? Why is everything so muffled? The game releases in just over a month and something as important as the audio is completely busted? Not good...

On a side note, who's bright idea was it to get rid of the "factions" in the team based modes? Seems like a terrible decision for both the aesthetics and the gameplay.

I don't like the demo but I never liked last years demo and they seemed to make good changes and ive enjoyed it this year. Its probably best I dont play it before release. But I dont understand how they develop it for 3 years and don't see the issues like muzzle smoke while they play test it.

Luipadre

Both this and BF will have a terrible launch. I dont care about cod but i was hyped for BF. After the delay... im sure the game is on fire and not in a good way

Shmunter

The acogs and red dot attachments are just too bizzare in ww2. It’s really unable to be it’s own thing. Should have gone more modern if you’re not going to properly commit.

Sybrix

I'm curious as to who is buying this shit?

Arent COD fans bored with this now? It's the same game every year, isnt it mind-numbing?

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
The acogs and red dot attachments are just too bizzare in ww2. It’s really unable to be it’s own thing. Should have gone more modern if you’re not going to properly commit.
Activision knows a traditional WWII game doesnt resonate with gamers like the old days. And they need to mix up the settings so it's not all MW every year. So to perk up interest, they decided to roll the dice on WWII (for WWII fans) and add ultra fast paced gameplay with MW attachments (for the current crowd).

Mix both in a blender and it's a kills two birds with one stone strategy this year.

At launch when I heard about COD and NBA 2K crashing Series X consoles I just steered clear of both. Don't want my investment being put at risk lol.

Shmunter

Activision knows a traditional WWII game doesnt resonate with gamers like the old days. And they need to mix up the settings so it's not all MW every year. So to perk up interest, they decided to roll the dice on WWII (for WWII fans) and add ultra fast paced gameplay with MW attachments (for the current crowd).

Mix both in a blender and it's a kills two birds with one stone strategy this year.
Jack of all trades, master of none

manfestival

Look at this shit!

5AKt2vt.jpg
Bro your game has an alien invasion? amazing!

Looks, feels and sounds like a downgraded version of the 2019 game. That audio is the real issue, though. What on earth happened with that? Why is everything so muffled? The game releases in just over a month and something as important as the audio is completely busted? Not good...

On a side note, who's bright idea was it to get rid of the "factions" in the team based modes? Seems like a terrible decision for both the aesthetics and the gameplay.
Not sure how I skipped your post. This is totally was I was thinking earlier as I was sharing my thoughts with some friends earlier today. The sound is just terrible. Graphically as others have said it just feels like a reskinned CODMW19 but worse in every way.

Last edited:

recursive

Audio is terrible. Mufffled, no positional cues. I saw it was acknowledged by SHG and will not be fixed in the beta.

thatJohann

I think we’re gonna have another Cyberpunk 2077 situation with a broken game at launch. You just watch. Apology will come from publisher tweet with a promise of many patches to come to get this right etc.

Riky

$MSFT
Played on Series X and PS5, only problem I've had is the game occasionally puts my PS5 into rest mode for some reason.
Playing at 120hz you can see Series X runs at a higher resolution on average.

Mr.ODST

When using the Krueger pistol, i dont know why every shot I made I had to nearly take my earphones off my ears would hurt, not from the sounds but some sort of weird frequency thing, I thought I was mad at first but my friend felt the same was on Series S and he was on PS5.

Derktron

Banned
There has been a lot of "dev error" situations on the PC side of warzone, and as soon as nick mercs and co. start crying they magically fix them, so I think they do matter but who knows
Nah, I'm good this year last year COD was a clusterfuck. I'm all in for Battlefield and Halo.

twilo99

Nah, I'm good this year last year COD was a clusterfuck. I'm all in for Battlefield and Halo.

Yes, looking forward to both!

CoD will depend on the vanguard integration into warzone. New map, updated engine, and some sort of anti-cheat are probably going to be enough for a lot of people. I'll be playing it, unless they completely mess up the weapons..

Derktron

Banned
Yes, looking forward to both!

CoD will depend on the vanguard integration into warzone. New map, updated engine, and some sort of anti-cheat are probably going to be enough for a lot of people. I'll be playing it, unless they completely mess up the weapons..
Nah I'm good bro. No cap --- do not care for it. I'm just glad there are decent games coming out this year.

Top Bottom