• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XXXX was the year of video games

Which of these Japanese RPGs appealed to your gaming sensibilities?

• Pokemon gen 1

Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Bahamut Lagoon

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Super Mario RPG

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Zork: Nemesis

Votes: 5 20.8%

• Total voters
I'm really disappointed that all the polls themselves were lost during the thread merge.

They were important archives of GAF's opinion. :pie_thinking:

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
I'm really disappointed that all the polls themselves were lost during the thread merge.

They were important archives of GAF's opinion. :pie_thinking:
Yes, plus, there were so many votes it means everyone agrees so anybody against your polls has no grounds to stand on because the polls spoke for themselves and anyone whining is a minority because votes.

Last edited:

Alexios

Wow, 100 votes down the drain, 2 pages, I hope gaf gets plenty more amazethreads like this, all to cultivate our beloved community, screw the nay sayers, a jealous minority, the (gone) votes proved Dun is God.

Last edited:
Wow, 100 votes down the drain, 2 pages, I hope gaf gets plenty more amazethreads like this, all to cultivate our beloved community, screw the nay sayers, a jealous minority, the (gone) votes proved Dun is God.
I'm not God.

I'm just trying to add diverse opinions to the tapestry that is NeoGAF. And the polls show high engagement.

Why my polls in particular were eliminated is as mysterious to me as it must be to you, the eager poll-takers.

Alexios

I'm not God.

I'm just trying to add diverse opinions to the tapestry that is NeoGAF. And the polls show high engagement.

Why my polls in particular were eliminated is as mysterious to me as it must be to you, the eager poll-takers.
The front page now has so fewer new threads it's unreal, who prefers dead gaf instead of undead gaf, what injustice is this :(

Last edited:

Salvatron

What about the Beamer? 1991 lets go
220px-The_Adventures_of_Willy_Beamish_Coverart.png

I can't believe I actually did research to find out which of these was the Certified Correct Choice.

Wait a minute, this is a quiz, not a poll! We've been had!
See? Not all my polls were the same.

My only crime was coming out with them in quick succession.

Alexios

See? Not all my polls were the same.

My only crime was coming out with them in quick succession.
It wasn't even that quick, I could still see a few other threads in the front page contrary to what some troll might say about it, this was unfair.

Last edited:
It wasn't even that quick, I could still see a few other threads in the front page contrary to what some troll might say about it, this was unfair.
Agreed, of course. Thanks for voting.

---

Poll results so far: Pokemon Gen 1 in the lead, followed by Zork.

This confirms to me that GAF does not understand the genre.

Pokemon is an "action" RPG, as everyone knows that holding Down + B means you're guaranteed to catch the pokemon.

Zork is not a Japanese RPG.

The correct answer is Bahamut Lagoon, since it remains a Japanese only RPG release.

Please vote in the poll

Hudo

Can I just ask: What were the criteria that caused Zork to be categorised as JRPG? I feel Wizardry should take that spot!

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Since your poll didn't have words like "Important" or "Please Read OP", then I can't consider it a serious poll, so all you're gonna get is this pointless post.

Last edited:

Alexios

Can I just ask: What were the criteria that caused Zork to be categorised as JRPG? I feel Wizardry should take that spot!
In it, you play the ROLE of a nameless adventurer, charged by Vice Regent Syovar the Strong to enter the Forbidden Lands and investigate the disappearance of four prominent citizens among other things.

It's JUST a ROLE PLAYING GAME.

Last edited:
Oh! Dundunpachi has done a poll! (I love you Afro, despite your polls. ;))

Pokemon Gen 1 is, and will always be, my GOAT RPG that delivered a world in a tiny 8-Bit Cartridge in a world where Polygonal 3D was the big thing.

I get goosebumps just thinking about those timeless tunes on the Game Boy (I actually got a Game Boy purely for Pokemon!)

Optimus Lime

(L3) + (R3) | Spartan rage activated
Uh, I'd like to hear from the Gaf community on the topic of which game is better designed, Pong or Red Dead Redemption 2 - and if you think it's a stupid comparison you're probably an ignorant lying troll and you know nothing about gaming and why don't you post somewhere else.

Uh, I'd like to hear from the Gaf community on the topic of which game is better designed, Pong or Red Dead Redemption 2 - and if you think it's a stupid comparison you're probably an ignorant lying troll and you know nothing about gaming and why don't you post somewhere else.

Pong doesn’t make me open individual drawers, and is less grindy in multiplayer

Top Bottom