• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yahoo! 10th Anniversary Ice Cream Giveaway

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmniGamer

10 years for me this summer

Re:Ice cream scoop...too bad we just had about 6-8" of snow here in NYC and it's cold as british balls...hardly ice cream weather, lol.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Meier said:
Prodigy Classic (well there wasnt a 'Classic at the time, but you know) members represent!

Oh man I remember Prodigy... coolest thing I remember about it was in the chat rooms for some of the magazines the editors and writers were there and they would actually talk to you!!!!

....hey I was a little kid back then wtf do you want? ;)

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
Any of you ever use the short-lived Compuserve WOW! Internet service? I believe it was the first national ISP to offer a fixed monthly rate for unlimited use (it was like $15 or so monthly). It's interface was about a dumped down as could be, but you could launch any browser on top of it and use that. The program is part of what prompted AOL to finally go to a monthly rate. Now days I pay my whopping 10 bucks a month for my EV1.net dialup account. Which pretty much pays for itself in just the 300 or so megs of incredibly fast webspace they give me.

Smiles and Cries said:
I miss WBS Chat

now that was something special

Agreed. The amount of time I spend in the alternative music and teen chat rooms...well, let's just say those phone bills weren't pleasant back then.

God, does this mean I've been online for 10 years too? Back when you had to check to see how many minutes you had left on your AOL account (if you could stay connected long enough)?

Who remembers AOL 1.0? Represent! (Of course, now someone will waltz in with some BBS reference that I'll never get.)

Prodigy too..I think I hit every single free trial that entered my mailbox back then. GNN, Earthlink, MSN, you name it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom