• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 3 | Official Thre

SecretBonusPoint said:
Playing the Yakuza 4 demo was a mistake. I should have waited until a few months after playing Yakuza 3 to play it through tears amidst bombing sales data and a complete collection of each and every "I'LL BUY IT AT BOMBA PRICE" GAF wanker posts.
Just to counter the pessimism around this title, I believe Yakuza 3 will sell decently (at least 50k first month), if only because of the additional exposure all the whiners gave it on the Net. :lol

The sad thing about this game is even GameStop employees have little to no hype for this game.

Usually when I go and pre-order/buy games, they'll try and hype me for another game like "omfg check this game coming out bla bla bla" but when I went out of my way to tell them I was gonna pre-order this:

GS Employee: *surprisingly not advertising me any games coming out*
Me: uhh... hey I want to pre-order that Yakuza 3 game coming out
GS: wha...?
Me: Yakuza for PS....3?
GS: Oh, right
Me: *hands over $5*
GS: *processes order, gives receipt* alright, here you go, take care
Me: o_O ........... *walks away*

:(

2 more days! :D

Step aside Lightning, Kazuma gets first dibs.

Something about cut content just rubs me the wrong way. Enjoyed playing Yakuza 3 and 4 demo. Imported Ryu ga Gotoku 3 and Ryu ga Gotoku Kenzan! Most likely going to import 4 as well.

chifanpoe

fu3lfr3nzy said:
The sad thing about this game is even GameStop employees have little to no hype for this game.

Usually when I go and pre-order/buy games, they'll try and hype me for another game like "omfg check this game coming out bla bla bla" but when I went out of my way to tell them I was gonna pre-order this:

s.

Strangely enough my local Gamestop has tons of advertising for the game.

I'm not sure if I can pick thisup day 1, but I'm afraid it may be hard to find if I wait. Is tere any word on them only doing limited production? I've been burned in situations like this before.

I mentioned this before in another thread, but I'll say it again...

People saying 'I'll pick it up later when it bombs'- think about what you're saying. Sega wasn't even planning to release this in the US. Odds are they're doing a very small print run. My guess is that Gamestops will get just enough to fill preorders and nothing else.

I doubt the big box stores will even have it. Remember, the first two flopped. No way this game is gonna be lining bargain bins a few months from now, It'll be like an Atlus game where it's hard to get 2 weeks after it's released.

Even Yakuza 2 is fairly rare now- new copies sell for about $ 80 on Amazon.

So, to anyone not picking the game up to protest the cut content- knock yourself out. Good luck picking it up on the cheap later on. And to those saying 'I can't buy it now- Final Fantasy 13/God of War 3 is coming out!', you should consider picking Yakuza up before those other two, as you can pretty much guarantee that they won't be rare.

Not telling anyone what to do, I just think a lot of people are under the delusion that Yakuza is gonna be a massive bomb. It will be- but I still think Sega's gonna sell every copy they produce (all 3 of them) the first week of release.

El-Suave

I'm not saying I support boycotters on this one, on the contrary, but keep in mind PS3 is region free. Even if the game might become rare in the US you can get if from somwhere in Europe for sure or vice versa.

Shurs

I'll be picking this up Tuesday. While I would have liked to receive a version of the game that has the same content as the Japanese version, I'm still happy that the game is coming to America.

Oh God, I can't look at this game without feeling guilty.

I wanted this to come out here so badly, but there's no way I'm buying a cut version right in the middle of games like FFXIII and BlazBlue.

Dammit SEGA :(

So pumped for this game! But I won't lie to myself, I know i'll end up playing a shit ton of FF13 before I touch this :(, or this will be my late night time game.

EDIT - Thanks for the thread <3

lupin23rd

God's Beard said:
They cut the tranny out of the game? Now I'm undecided.

The tranny is out? I thought that was just a side-mission, I don't remember it being tied to any content that was cut? I could be wrong though.

DeVeAn

Qaz Kwaz said:
I don't give a FUCK about the cut content, and I don't give a FUCK about the box art.

YAKUZA 3, BABY! Paid in full. I'm playing this bitch BEFORE FFXIII!
Add me to this Group! Kazuma kick ass!

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Himuro said:
Considering skipping and since I'm fairly big fan of the first two, I feel bad doing so.

Then it makes no sense why you'd skip this (unless you're skipping the American release and buying the Japanese version, which would make perfect sense to me).

I'm glad that America is finally getting RGG3, but it's downright hilarious that I'm going to be playing RGG4 at the same time you're all playing 3.

FLEABttn

Banned
fu3lfr3nzy said:

2 more days! :D

Step aside Lightning, Kazuma gets first dibs.

Opposite experience with me, the GS guy was like "Yakuza 3, awesome."

thetrin said:
I'm glad that America is finally getting RGG3, but it's downright hilarious that I'm going to be playing RGG4 at the same time you're all playing 3.

i wish... i'll be replaying y3 (in english!), while patiently waiting for patrick's y4 faq...

Picking this up Tuesday, after a all-nighter with FFXIII.

Seriously, though...we have to get Yakuza 4 over here. I will NOT be part of the problem.

I literally just finished Yakuza 2 last night and I am now officially ready for the third one. Yakuza 2 had such a beautiful ending. So well done. Chapter 16 in Y2 was one of the most engaging segments I've seen in a game in awhile. The way it ended before the credits roll was a total "WTF...". Thank god for the little scene after the credits because I had no idea how they were going to get out of that situation.

While I did not ever get around to 100%ing both Yakuza 1 and 2 I feel good that I have at least completed them once each. It's really about the story and characters and I'll probably go back to both of them and unlock/do everything there is to do, but the games are just SO massive and there is too much post game stuff to do in both of them. When a story is this good you just have to learn to put the OCD off to the side :lol

Owensboro

Yay! Official thread! I can't wait to pick this up on Day 1 even thought I probably won't be able to play it until April due to my crazy-ass schedule over the next month. It's going to be awesome to throw this up on the shelf next to Yakuza 1 and 2 though.

I can't wait to find out this game's "Tiger Punching Moment". Those that have played 2 know what I'm talking about.

FLEABttn said:
Opposite experience with me, the GS guy was like "Yakuza 3, awesome."

Hah, my Gamestop guy did the exact same thing. Although he did look at me weird when I said I didn't want Final Fantasy.

Vard

speedpop said:
They cut out Mahjong? But it was in the 2nd game!
Not 100% confirmed but the trophy for it is absent. The pessimists believe that means it's cut, while the optimists believe it's still in but SEGA just didn't want players to have to learn mahjong (& shogi) to get all the trophies.

Top Bottom