• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza: Like a Dragon's real-time combat mod is out now.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Yoshi said:

That's crazy, I guess all the systems for it are still part of the engine. Too bad you can't have your party or cool special skills and such, maybe a later sequel can somehow seamlessly combine both (as Kiryu in Infinite Wealth has a skill that gives you real time-ish control - though thugs don't react as they wait for their turn - but the reverse with normal combat being real time but having a party and the ability to choose specials a la Fallout 3+'s VATS). Might be fun for a replay though I'm good with the turn based system (but enjoy that we get real time combat with Gaiden and Judgment still).

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Oh wow that's pretty extensive .. completely just changed the genre of the game.

j0hnnix

Gold Member
Damn. I suffered through the shit turn based crap. I really need to move towards PC gaming.. can they remove the shitty turn based from BG3 also. 😂

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Damn, those heat actions look fucking fire.

I dig Like a Dragon but Yakuza true shape requires real time combat.

Now give me Judgment 3.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Oh wow, I never thought of someone trying to do something like this. Looks great too! I got SO far into the game and just put it down. I should pick it back up.

Krieger

How did they do the boss fight of the True Final Millenium Tower? You have to fight the 4 strongest characters in the game at once and they all have too much HP and can kill your team with 2 hits, even at level 99 + all jobs at level 99 + the best weapons at maximum level. There's a reason why these endgame boss fights are only against 1 opponent at a time in the other Yakuza games.

Hugare

Damn. I suffered through the shit turn based crap. I really need to move towards PC gaming.. can they remove the shitty turn based from BG3 also. 😂
yoo wen GIF

Lets remove kicking the ball from FIFA while we're at it

It works here 'cause Yakuza was already a brawler

Top Bottom