• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yellow Bamboo gets owned by jiu-jitsu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boogie

Okay, if any of you have seen the Yellow Bamboo videos, they are the "martial artists" who believe they can stop an attacker by yelling at them and making them fall down.

Their website was www.yellowbamboo.com, but now it seems to just be selling their tapes, and they don't have their hilarious demo tape up.

Anyway, apparently there was a challenge thrown around, and some Brazilian Jiu-jitsu guys in Australia arranged for a demonstration against them. They even allowed the Bamboo guys to get ready and to run at them from 50 feet out.

The results:

http://members.iinet.net.au/~ftrust/yellowbamboolores.wmv

I don't really get this video. They claimed they could stop martial artists by yelling at them? ...that was it? How is that a claim that could possibly be valid in this or any other universe?

Boogie

JackFrost2012 said:
I don't really get this video. They claimed they could stop martial artists by yelling at them? ...that was it? How is that a claim that could possibly be valid in this or any other universe?

Well, I think they actually believed that they could focus and direct their "Chi energy" to stop the attackers.

Boogie

ManDudeChild said:
WTF. How is yelling supposed to (unless for the cops) supposed to stop an attacker?

Don't think about this rationally. They're delusioned, brainwashed kooks.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
ManDudeChild said:
WTF. How is yelling supposed to (unless for the cops) supposed to stop an attacker?

well cops at least yell then shoot....

Wait, wait, wait! I got it. Ok, if you had REALLY good lungs you could yell so loud it would hurt the other persons head... um ... oh, like those yelling contest people. Make noise when clos.. no, that wouldn't work. I give up trying to figure it out. :lol

LakeEarth

Smiles and Cries said:
answer... your standing on sand
:D
Of course! It's the sounds from the beach interfering with the patterns of the airwaves, kinda like how thinking about the ocean blocked the evil children's mind control in Village of the Damned.

Or they are a bunch of fuckwads, I don't know.

Boogie said:
But in all the Yellow bamboo videos, they're always "training" on the beach. ;P

Training. :lol

See now what I don't get is this. If these guys actually believe this shit works, but they need to get ready (Power up? :lol ), how is it practical in a fight? What are they supposed to do if someone isn't running at them, or is in their face? Would the fight be like this.

AssWad: *yell* ducks punch
AssWad 2: kicks AssWad
AssWad: *yell* *yell* *yell*
AssWad 2: *walks away confused*

As that's the ONLY way I can see someone using that. The guy flukes and dodges one attack, then starts yelling random shit. Other guy thinks they're bat shit crazy and leaves.

Blackace

I love how they all kind of remind me of the Emperor from return of the jedi in their video.. and like Road kill in the other one

Blackace

EMPEROR.JPG

"Now use the Yellow Bamboo and strike me down"

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
I think the moral of the story is that if you wear a yellow shirt in a fight, you're fucked.

Wow. I'm laughing my ass off at this shit. :lol

3phemeral

olimario said:
Apparently Yellow Bamboo only works on other Yellow Bamboo members.

:lol

I have to show this update to my friends -- this is something akin to imaginging X-series video game character versus Y-series video game character. Yellow Bamboo Vs Reality :)

NLB2

Banned
This thread would be a lot more fun if there was somebody trying to defend the Yellow Bamboo guys. Hopefully some kung fu guy'll stop by and say that Yellow Bamboo might be fake but his master can kill people by looking at them funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom