• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yes, The Last Guardian has gone gold

kevin1025

Banned
Excitement!

Even if it feels like a PS2 game, it's a game in the spirit of Ico and Shadow of the Colossus. So it will be worth the wait for me.

We're so close now.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
And by gone gold, they mean, it is now a launch game for PlayStation Gold, a Scorpio competing console coming fall of 2018!

Lucumo

We in there boys

6XkEYo3.gif

What a god.

Any of these 2 lines could be the OT title:

The Last Guardian |OT| Remember when IGN said it was Canceled?
The Last Guardian |OT| You bought a PS3 for this, didn't you?

I like this one.

soultron

Banned
Just a note that usually when you go gold, you usually find out early, but then your PR/marketing team tells you not to share on social media because they announce it via a press release. Probably what happened here.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
"80-89 MC for a game that took 9 years to develop? what a failure"

We will see alot of those especially from non ICO/SoTC fans.

The game could have a higher average metacritic rating than The Last of Us or Ocarina of Time or whatever and people will still rag on the game for stupid shit.

Y2Kev sabotaging the thread.

Just a note that usually when you go gold, you usually find out early, but then your PR/marketing team tells you not to share on social media because they announce it via a press release. Probably what happened here.
I am on mobile and Twitter isn't working.

The Last Guardian |OT| Shadow of Trico
The Last Guardian |OT| Because we chose to believe in it

The Last Guardian |OT| To inspire another generation of game makers

The Last Guardian |OT| My wings might be broken... but I can still dream :)

soultron

Banned
Look, the fact that a tweet was deleted doesn't mean anything bad. You as a customer aren't supposed to find out a major game from a Sony studio went gold from a producer on Twitter first. You're meant to find out through an official channel like a PS Blog post or a proper press release. Social media posts from devs follow after that.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
"Wait. Why is Sean Murray holding the disc in the group gold photo?"

"He was visiting that day, and we.... oh!!!!!!"

"Abort, abort!"

daveo42

Banned
I won't concede that this game is actually coming out until I actually start playing the game. Not one moment prior to that. I mean, it could still be delayed or cancelled en route to my house.

The Last Guardian |OT| Y2Kev chuckled
The Last Guardian |OT| LTTP
The Last Guardian |OT| For The Patients

The Last Guardian |OT| Y2Kev Shrugged

;)

Top Bottom