• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yes, Virginia, there IS a Tuesdayton! FE DS! MONSTER HUNTER...WII? SONIKU IN SUMABURA

I'm on Page 24 and savoring every post, so I'm a little behind but..

WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW :D :D :D :D

SONIC IN BRAWL! DR. MARIO WIIWARE! DS DOWNLOADS!!

I'm so inherently happy. Sorry for delayed post, but I'm ecstatic.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
etiolate said:
Is Monster Hunter really that big a deal?
Nintendo now potentially have a big group of male teenagers market in their pocket, based on comments of JGaffers about this franchise status in Japan.

Evlar

Banned
Hcoregamer00 said:
You lie, this isn't the wii....is it?
That appears to be a larger version of the thumbnail on Capcom's site. Not too surprising either: If Capcom puts something like this on Wii it will look fantastic. To support this claim I bring as exhibit A: RE4 (proof of what Capcom can do with Nintendo hardware) and Exhibit B: MHP2 (proof that Capcom knows how to push a system harder than anyone else).
Is Monster Hunter really that big a deal?
Sales-wise... It's the only game that has reached 1 million sales on the PSP in Japan. Even a Final Fantasy VII spin-off won't accomplish that.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
PolyGone said:
sounds like a rip on King Story. :(

still, I suppose there's room for both on the wondermachine
You're gonna let S-E's half-assed efforts convince you not to buy King Story? :lol

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Acosta said:
Very disappointed, sorry Wii fans, but the weakest online system getting the sequel of Monster Hunter? I fail to see how you can like the idea (and this game needs HD for improved scale). I didn´t like much the series going to PSP, but I took it a a side project, but this?

I am still hopeful is not exclusive.
Did any of you complainers bother to try and play it on the PS2? The communication aspect was borked at the best of times, not to mention PS2's typical shitty online capabilities. Go grope for another tissue to dab those tears.

Unison

Linkup said:
MH3wii.jpg

MH3 wii

The PSP one looks nearly identical to this, though this has better lighting.

ivysaur12

Banned
The Sphinx said:
That appears to be a larger version of the thumbnail on Capcom's site. Not too surprising either: If Capcom puts something like this on Wii it will look fantastic. To support this claim I bring as exhibit A: RE4 (proof of what Capcom can do with Nintendo hardware) and Exhibit B: MHP2 (proof that Capcom knows how to push a system harder than anyone else).

MHP2?

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
cvxfreak said:
MH3 Wii reminds me of the 3D Onimusha games. Same/similar engine? (Did the first two use the Onimusha engine?)
IIRC, the PS2 Monster Hunter games use the same engine as the Outbreak games (both have same load times between "zones", LOL. j/k.

Phthisis

Hcoregamer00 said:
Then you haven't played the Monster Hunter series.

OH WHOOPS GUESS I DIDN'T PUT THOSE DISCS LABELED MONSTER HUNTER IN MY SYSTEMS LIKE I THOUGHT I DID

THEY MUST HAVE BEEN IDEA FACTORY GAMES AM I RIET?

dfyb

Banned
the OP mentions MKDS... is there a MKDS sequel in the works or what? or is it a typo for MK wii?

speedpop said:
Did any of you complainers bother to try and play it on the PS2? The communication aspect was borked at the best of times, not to mention PS2's typical shitty online capabilities. Go grope for another tissue to dab those tears.
this isn't the ps2-age anymore. ps3 is more than capable of bringing a quality online experience, and it's a shame if monster hunter stays in the past.

Davidion said:
Only if you're a fanboy.
Or if, you know, you care about the quality of the games?

As I've always said, the PSP Monster Hunter games have always been great but they by no means should substitute the true console versions. The Wii version is going to basically be a port of the MHdos engine with whatever new content they want to toss in and is the best way to keep it easy to port to the PSP as the other 2 games were.

This is disappointing but Monster Hunter fans always get burned by Capcom, so at this point I'm kind of used to it.

RagnarokX said:
Did Nintendo set a record for most megatons in one day today? Somebody should call Guiness :p

10/10 Japan Time: Never Forget!

Tuesdayton is the new Thursdayton.

"Today is a day that will live in joyousfamy"

DCharlie

Banned
Very disappointed, sorry Wii fans, but the weakest online system getting the sequel of Monster Hunter? I fail to see how you can like the idea (and this game needs HD for improved scale). I didn´t like much the series going to PSP, but I took it a a side project, but this?

actually - the PS2 versions never had voice chat - so it was all text base communication.

Due to the fact that it was so cumbersome, no one used it in game and this forced you into planning BEFORE you went into the game.

At least, in my experience it did.

I wrote a lengthy review regarding the series a while back - the main crux of it was that the faults of monster hunter (the cumbersome controls, the lack of voice chat and inefficient ingame communication) all , strangely, added to the gameplay and it may well be that the addition of voice chat might make the game a bit less tactical / pre planned.

Father_Brain said:
It's a pretty safe bet after tonight that we'll see the first Wii Ware announcements from Western third parties. Beyond that, I wouldn't expect much, but who knows?

Well, I was really expecting some hardware announcements today especially a hard drive. I can't see Nintendo asking us to delete and retransfer games onto the console especially if they are WiiWare games the size of FFCC. Oh well. I guess we have three more months before we need a solution.

Top Bottom