• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yo Driving-Gaf, does your car switch to off at a stop light?

Fart Knight

Al Pachinko, Konami President
horrible histories gym GIF by CBBC

Stop start whats that?!

FUBARx89

I specifically purchased a Mazda to avoid getting a car that does stop-start. It totally does wear on your engine, starter and battery. It is also very annoying to hear it and deal with it when driving. I hate it on rental cars. There is a notable lag when accelerating. Feels like a stutter and something is wrong. A better fix is smart lights and less stop signs.

My old Mazda 3 (2015) had stop start, Mazda call it i-stop or something.

Dunno why ya saying accelerating lag from stop start like. Sounds more like a poss fuel issue if car stuttering and lagging when accelerating. Then again rental cars get a good beating off drivers, so wouldn't surprise me.

CGNoire

Yes its annoying as fuck, probably wears out the starter and my ass has the standard model which omits the option to turn it off. 😡

Winter John

Gold Member
Yeah mine does and it pissed me off because for the longest time I thought either my wife was fucking with the settings or I was doing something wrong because I was stoned.

Quasicat

I was worried about the wear and tear on my new car with this feature, but I have a lifetime warranty on everything with this car (and plan to use it fully).
My biggest issue is how the air conditioner and heater shut off while the engine is off. That’s really annoying and I turn it off on really hot/cold days.
I do notice a considerable amount of extra mileage than I get when I turn it off; like an extra 80 to 100 miles.

lem0n

My fiance's Audi has it, but we learned where the start/stop disable button was pretty quickly. When I put an APR tune on it I think I will attempt to have it disabled permanently. My Mustang GT is stick so it does not have it. I think only auto cars get this feature. I believe it would be a safety issue in a standard shift car.

Top Bottom