• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yo Gaf, can you give me a list of Vietnamese Coffee brands?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anteater

Man I used to live in Toronto and there's this Pho restaurant I frequently visit, not only their Pho is legit as fuck but their Coffee too, I've moved since for years and I just can't find that shit here anymore, fuck, several years ago I asked my friend and he told me Vietnamese coffee are just French coffee and he gave me a link, but I lost the link lol, I asked again and he doesn't remember and gave me a different brand which is the Trung Nguyen, is this the best brand? What other brands are there?

I've searched a bit on the web and I came up with these

Farmers Blend Vietnamese Coffee
Highlands Coffee

Hook me up with more I need that shit :(

Just so this thread doesn't end in like 2 posts, you can post your favorite coffee type too! I remember my brother went to Italy and brought some coffee back with him, he said he got them from a random grocery store but it was so fucking good lol, don't remember the brand so fml

Try this (or any "Lion" blend)

Lion_KonaGold.jpg

nampad

Trung Nguyen is one of the premium brands and quiet expensive.

I am sure you can do good Vietnamese coffee without Vietnamese coffee beans though, just make stronger one with sweetened condensed milk.

Anteater

Try this (or any "Lion" blend)

oo thanks

Trung Nguyen is one of the premium brands and quiet expensive.

I am sure you can do good Vietnamese coffee without Vietnamese coffee beans though, just make stronger one with sweetened condensed milk.

yeah, I'm just not an expert with coffee and whatever I can buy in stores just don't taste the same :( and there are just too many to choose from

Vek

Are you looking for instant coffee or the grounds for filtering? Trung nguyen is fine in any case and you can't go wrong with whatever coffee grind you find packaged in your local Asian grocer. For Viet coffee it doesn't matter what coffee you get as long as it is dark and heavily roasted, as there's usually table spoons of condensed milk masking any subtle coffee flavour.

Anteater

Are you looking for instant coffee or the grounds for filtering? Trung nguyen is fine in any case and you can't go wrong with whatever coffee grind you find packaged in your local Asian grocer. For Viet coffee it doesn't matter what coffee you get as long as it is dark and heavily roasted, as there's usually table spoons of condensed milk masking any subtle coffee flavour.

grounds are better right? That's what they used in the restaurants, I'll try Trung Nguyen since it seems to be the most popular/most accessible brand

CHC

Do you have one of these filters?

working.jpg

That and condensed milk are the two biggest factors. The coffee itself is more personal preference, but that one posted above with the lion on it is pretty good.

Anteater

working.jpg

That and condensed milk are the two biggest factors. The coffee itself is more personal preference, but that one posted above with the lion on it is pretty good.

yeah, I do, thing is that the taste with viet coffee is usually pretty strong and it's awesome, and I'm sure they aren't expensive stuff since they're served in a random pho restaurant, but they do taste great compared to other places

Many Vietnamese places use Cafe Du Monde. Very dark coffee with chicory from New Orleans. Not really expensive and can be found at international markets or Asian stores.

working.jpg

That looks like a cool and simple way to make coffee. I'm always interested in learning new brewing methods. Are they cheap?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom