• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair Is Playtonic's Next Game

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
October will be the busiest month for me in a long time, with Yooka, Hat in Time and Luigi.

Digital Foundry's Hands on video showcasing the XBOX version:

The game is still using the Unity Engine, but it is a newer build. My guess is that it's probably using the Vulkan API. But the developers are targeting 60FPS for the Switch version, which is also the base target console. The Xbox One X version is running at 60FPS and 4K resolution.

Playtonic are developing the game around the lowest common denominator, which is the Switch, and adding in more features for the other higher end platforms.

The game honestly looks really nice. A bit of a mix between classic Donkey Kong Country and Donkey Kong Country Returns. The game has a little big of elements like the Sonic series as well.

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
There's something to be said about 2d's likability, I think a lot of gamers look at Super Mario World, Little Big Planet etc. and it's a religious viewpoint in gaming and some games do this well.

Top Bottom