• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yoshi's Woolly World: overview video (JP)

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Yep, this is what happens when you don't treat Yoshi like a C-tier franchise and give it to a great developer with a decent budget for the game.

The game is €45 here, and I can get a €15 discount bringing it down to €30. This just looks like the perfect summer game. Going trough every level collecting everything. I'm going to wait for reviews to hit though.

Tsunamo

This is gonna be the one, the one Yoshi game that after Yoshis Island and Yoshis Story is finally good again.

Can't wait to play it!

GlamFM

Banned
Played this last year and it was already amazing.

Fully expect this to win every "best looking game" award.

- 2nd edit -

Finished it recently, it's below Yoshi's Island, slightly below Yoshi's Story too, but above everything else Yoshi related (well, apart from Yoshi Touch 'n Go!)

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
That's a lot of stuff to collect in this game. Giving Donkey Kong 64 a run for its money.

It's kinda meta to give Yoshi a thing to ride (the dog)

Have they announced the Woolly World ambiios for US yet? I always miss the ambiio pre-orders, but I definitely don't want to miss this one!

Gusy

Looks gorgeous.. but I hate the way the collectible gems look. It completely breaks the art style the game is going for... but that's me splitting threads of wool (hair) ;).

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Poochy's been around since Yoshi's Island though.

Oh, I didn't know that, heh. I don't remember him being in Yoshi's Story on the N64, which I rented when it came out, so I'm unaware of him.

Looks gorgeous.. but I hate the way the collectible gems look. It completely breaks the art style the game is going for... but that's me splitting threads of wool (hair) ;).

Gotta make them stand out so they're easy to differentiate from the background, I guess. That can be a problem in some games.

- 2nd edit -

Finished it recently, it's below Yoshi's Island, slightly below Yoshi's Story too, but above everything else Yoshi related (well, apart from Yoshi Touch 'n Go!)

Thanks but could you clarify why you say it's below Yoshi's Story? I'm interested to know why you feel that way considering that's easily the lowest rated entry in the series both score wise and fan wise not to mention terribly bland level design.

Chaos17

Looks like a game for 5 year olds.

Yoshi amiibos plushy attack hug!! ヾ(◜▿‾ ( ´▿` ) ‾▿◝)ノ

url

AdanVC

I say it everytime a new Wolly World thread pops out but I really think this game is going to be the a true and worthy succesor of the all-mighty Yoshi's Island on SNES. 20 freaking years later oh my! Hope we can get a release date soon in 'murica during E3 next week because even if i'm having a blast with Splatoon at the moment, I'm a bit concerned we don't have new worthy games coming soon here in America...

This game looks better each time I see it, it wouldn't surprise me if I end up preferring this to Island because I've got a good feeling about this one.

Dislike that the double cherry like gimmickry is trapped behind the Yarn Amiibo though, it's like half the price of the game itself so that's a no go for me.
It's funny because while it is such a small thing I imagine you could get creative with it.

Yep, this is what happens when you don't treat Yoshi like a C-tier franchise and give it to a great developer with a decent budget for the game.

It's a brave new world for the franchise.
I wonder how long it's actually been in development? surprised it's taken this long to come out.

Neiteio

Dislike that the double cherry like gimmickry is trapped behind the Yarn Amiibo though, it's like half the price of the game itself so that's a no go for me.

It's funny because while it is such a small thing I imagine you could get creative with it.
Wait, how much does the amiibo cost? I'm imagining the game will be $60 here in the US, so if it's half-price like you say, that's a $30 amiibo. (Normally they cost $13) o_O

Wait, how much does the amiibo cost? I'm imagining the game will be $60 here in the US, so if it's half-price like you say, that's a $30 amiibo. (Normally they cost $13) o_O

Well while prices vary it's usually around £30-35 for the game while the special edition hovers around £50 and stand alone yarn amiibos going for around £15-£20.

I expect in the US it would end up around $20? the yarn ones seem to be at a bit of a premium even from Nintendo themselves.

Neiteio

Well while prices vary it's usually around £30-35 for the game while the special edition hovers around £50 and stand alone yarn amiibos going for around £15-£20.

I expect in the US it would end up around $20? the yarn ones seem to be at a bit of a premium even from Nintendo themselves.
$20 seems reasonable, given the more specialized material. Your typical Nintendo plush is already around $13, so slap the NFC chip on the butt and that might bump up the price.

Semajer

Looks like the first worthy sequel to Yoshi's Island. My most anticipated game that currently has a release date.

woopWOOP

Looks alright. Gonna wait awhile before I get it tho.

...woah, those are eskimo snifits in that trailer?? They're alive!

I've got a good feeling about this one.

Heh heh.

I wonder how long it's actually been in development? surprised it's taken this long to come out.

Sites reported rumors that Good Feel was working on a Yoshi game for 3DS (obviously that part wasn't correct) as far back as 2011/2012.

NOA not releasing this in the summer window is a huge disappointment.

After denying us regular N3DS, nothing NOA does surprises me anymore. But I'm sure there's some magical "marketing data" up in Redmond that convinced them Splatoon would bomb in the U.S. but not Canada and Europe if a finished Yoshi platform game was released here on time in June!

Top Bottom