• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yoshitaka Murayama, creator of Suikoden and scenario writer of Eiyuden Chronicle, passed away on February 6th

Mr Hyde

Incredibly sad news. Suikoden 1 & 2 is one of my all time favorite games and a huge part of my adolescent years. And when Eiyuden Chronicles was announced I was in 7th heaven. A spiritual successor to Suikoden was something I never thought would happen. Rest in peace Yoshitaka Murayama and thank you for all the great memories. You'll be missed.

❤️

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
RIP… awful….

saintjules

The mastermind behind Suikoden.

I was 14 when I played the first Suikoden (1997). I wasn't able to afford a memory card back then so ever yimr I died in battle I would start the whole thing over. Furthest I got was Anji's hideout without it. Finally got a memory card a few weeks later.

I never felt so much excitement when playing such a title. And then came the ending which made me emotional, the first game to ever give me that feeling. It's why it's one of my favorites ever made.

RIP.

Last edited:

sigmaZ

Source

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. WTF! Are you kidding me!? This guy was one of the best scenario writers ever. I helped translate so many of his interviews getting to know his thought process along the way.
He never got to see his project through. And right before it launched too. What a travesty. I am deeply disturbed by this. Rest in peace. We lost a good one.

*Nightwing

5Mk6ywO.gif

WoJ

Very sad. I loved what he did with Suikoden. At times I often considered that my favorite RPG series above Final Fantasy growing up.

Jinzo Prime

Konami is supposed to be releasing a Suikoden I and II remaster, but it has been at least a year since we heard anything. I hope they get off their asses and get it made, and also include an appropriate tribute for this man.

I also hope Eiyuden Chronicle Hundred Heroes does very well.

Top Bottom