• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You can go back in time to any point of your life but you can either change stuff personal to you or stuff national

way more

You can revisit any time in your your life and alter your choices, decisions and most importantly what you say to others. But your memory will be edited based on your choice, if you intervene with family and friends or if you intervene on a larger community, political, national, or even global scale.

For instance you can tell your brother that he's not ok to drive and you won't drink the rest of the night and drive him home saving him from a fatal crash, or you can call in a tip that over a dozen Saudi Arabian terrorists in Al-Qaeda are planning to hijack planes and plan to ram them into buildings.

You can tell your friend that her BF was cheating on her and not agree she should get married, or you could warn of the 2007 housing crash.

Talk with your ROTC college aged nephew before and after his GF dumps him and he has a depression episode that excludes him from military service, or warn of the Columbine shooting, Dylann Roof shooting, Aurora theater shooting, Las Vegas shooting.

Typing this out I realize that there are so many shootings that you should be limited to 5 Quantum Leaps.

You also get to read the newspaper before you go back so you have relevant details when it comes to national shit.

Last edited:

mrkgoo

I dunno. I don't live life with regrets.

I think there a few personal things I'd do, but in a global scale I think 9/11 is one I'd like to change.

I mean, casting aside any far-out negative repercussions (like if I end up warning people and they think I'm part of it so I get arrested, or something worse happens in its place etc), just on a pure "this didn't happen" deal, seems like a good thing.

The world changed on that day. I'm probably also risking revealing my ignorance and naivety, as I'm not really aware of the status of that conflict at the time, but it did prick up the eyes and ears of a lot of the world. Maybe in more ways than we realise it was mission accomplished, and who's to say what the world would be like if we remained naive.

wondermega

I actually think about stuff like this often. It's a paradox however - if you change something, when you return to the present, everything could be completely different (including you), unrecognizably so. "Your memory would be edited to reflect the changes" just means that that doesn't matter, I suppose.. meaning, what is the point? If 911 never happened, or the Holocaust was averted, it's safe to say the world would be profoundly different today. It's impossible to imagine how.. many people reading this would never have been born, for example.

Top Bottom