• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You can now buy PS4 controllers

The area around the face buttons and the d-pad look kinda glossy. Are they fingerprint magnets?

Buying this is so tempting, but I'll already get a black one with the PS4. I really want a different color. I think I'll wait and see if they announce gold or silver controllers.

Not really unless you are just greasy lol. I always wash my hands before I pick my stuff up but if you were in a long game session yeah I can see them getting smudged up. hell this greasy fool at my work was like let me check it out. Came back all grimey from him holding it for a few mins.

U2NUMB

Ok Twin Cities people gamestops have started to get them. I Picked up mine at the Eagan store. Just opened it and coming from a massive 360 fan.. while I still prefer the sticks in that position the DS4 is a MASSIVE step forward just in how it is held. Well done Sony!

Amazon just changed their status from the PS4 launch date to "This item has not yet been released." May be a sign that they're shipping soon.

Finalizer

Got a Gamestop in Garner with DS4s. Apparently they're supposed to get demo units in the store by the end of the week... Considering it's already Friday, I'm not sure if that means they're gonna be set up over the weekend, or if he meant next week.

They also had the PS4 cameras. Holy shit those things are tiny, thought they'd be more Kinect sized.

Anyone know if Best Buys in Midtown Manhattan have these? I'm too lazy to walk in the cold if not!
Best Buy in Downtown Brooklyn said they couldn't sell it yet. Check Gamestop's website to see if any of the stores near you have it.

Oh, and it's not THAT bad out! Lol

Bundy

Banned
*repost*

Come on, guys.
Help me out here ;)
Could somebody buy a DS4 for me?
I would pay it via PAYPAL (+ I would arrange a pick-up order through UPS).

GeeDuhb

WOOT! I just got a bank notification that Amazon charged my account 65.36 and I though, WTF could that be...opened up my recent orders and sure enough, my pre-ordered DS4 is shipping soon!!!!!! Can't wait to get my hands on it! (Even though I did get to play with it at E3 hahaha)

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
WOOT! I just got a bank notification that Amazon charged my account 65.36 and I though, WTF could that be...opened up my recent orders and sure enough, my pre-ordered DS4 is shipping soon!!!!!! Can't wait to get my hands on it! (Even though I did get to play with it at E3 hahaha)

bah.. I was thinking this, so I updated my card for the order and now suddenly it says "Nov. 19" for estimated arrival..

Miguel81

This is great. Micro-usb works, and so does bluetooth on W8.1. Now I'm gonna try setting up x360ce. Wish me luck.

Edit: You hold the PS button to turn it off after a few seconds. Press PS button again and it pairs automatically. I'm using a CSR Bluetooth 4.0 receiver($2 hong kong)

I can't believe this, it actually charges via a wall charger.

ckohler

20131025_122602_zps02af2e33.jpg

What am I looking at here?

Is there already a list of PS3 games that work with the DS4 (or don't)?

http://www.gamechup.com/heres-a-list-of-ps3-games-that-work-with-the-dualshock-4/

Here’s the list of games that work:

PS1 Games
Call of Duty (MW2, MW3, Black Ops, Black Ops 2)
Castle Crashers
Portal 2
Far Cry 2
The Last of Us
LittleBigPlanet/LittleBigPlanet 2
Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
Heavy Rain (no motion sensing)
Uncharted 1/2/3
Red Dead Redemption
Infamous + Infamous 2
Resistance 2 (had to use a DS3 to get past the start screen, but DS4 worked fine after that)
Killzone 3
Dead Space
Battlefield: Bad Company 2
Motorstorm (Apocalypse, Pacific Rift)
Tomb Raider
Prototype
Skyrim
Dark Souls
Battlefield 3
Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon
Final Fantasy XIV
Super Stardust HD
Diablo 3
Bioshock: Infinite
Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD

Ugh, i got 3 gamestops by and the one place where i preordered is the only one who didn't get them so far. -.-

Tempted to trade in my extra PS3 controllers and my 360 pc pad.

Jhriad

So since the face buttons are no longer analog does that mean there's only two states for them now? (Pressed/Not Pressed)

Was playing Rogue Galaxy on my PC earlier today and I realized I wouldn't be able to use my PS4 controller for the game if I can't control the height of my jumps with variable button press strength.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
So since the face buttons are no longer analog does that mean there's only two states for them now? (Pressed/Not Pressed)

Was playing Rogue Galaxy on my PC earlier today and I realized I wouldn't be able to use my PS4 controller for the game if I can't control the height of my jumps with variable button press strength.

No, it will work fine. It's still able to tell if it's held or tapped. Pretty much no other controllers had analog buttons other than DS2/3.

Apologies if this has been asked, but I didn't see it in the OP and am still looking through the rest of the topic:

Is anybody keeping track of which GameStop's are selling the DS4? Is there a list? If not, time to make one?

GameStop in Frederick, MD(7264 Guilford Drive) does NOT have them for sale. They currently only have the DS4's allocated for pre-orders.

wizzbang

Banned
This is great. Micro-usb works, and so does bluetooth on W8.1. Now I'm gonna try setting up x360ce. Wish me luck.

Edit: You hold the PS button to turn it off after a few seconds. Press PS button again and it pairs automatically. I'm using a CSR Bluetooth 4.0 receiver($2 hong kong)

I can't believe this, it actually charges via a wall charger.

Yes! My PS3 will not charge off my BB Bold mini usb wall charger :( - so this is great news.

Metalmarc

Uk Gaf I'm guessing it's because its only 3 weeks left until the U.S release of the PS4, that theyre available there

If thats a case they may not be on sale her until the 8th of November at least, unless GameStop UK gets them in

It really does. I'm quite impressed with both the look and feel of the controller. In my opinion it seems to be a hell of an upgrade to the dual shocks of old.

The first substantial upgrade since the original Dualshock and they nailed it. Knocked it out of the park. Good thing too since they got way lazy the past couple generations and needed substantial change this gen.

Question: Who else here bought (or is planning to buy) a DS4 without even planning to have a PS4 anytime soon? I got mine today just to play PS3 games and light PC games (since I have a terrible rig).

I honestly wish they had just released this thing back in February. It's so good as a PS3 controller even without vibration, sixaxis, wireless, home button, all that. Honestly. I would have jumped over the hurdles to use this vastly superior controller.

Wurdfurd

UPDATE: How to play Xinput/360 controller supported games with DS4!
-Download x360ce
-Open up the x360ce and put it into the game you wish to play
-Run it
-Select "Logitec Cordless RumblePad 2" under presets
-Save
-Replace the xinput1_3.dll with the one found here
-Play the game!

*you may get a "config file does not match" message, just click ok and ignore it.

Followed these instructions exactly, doesn't work in any game I tried. Does anyone have a more detailed tutorial or another way of doing this?

Top Bottom