• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You can now change your PSN User ID starting today

thelastword

Banned
I'm surprised this thread is so short for all the noise you heard about name-change......Seems to be a similar scenario to Backwards Compatibility......Lots of noise by a vocal few....

GreatnessRD

I'm surprised this thread is so short for all the noise you heard about name-change......Seems to be a similar scenario to Backwards Compatibility......Lots of noise by a vocal few....
Probably because a lot of people aren't fond of potentially losing their account's work if the system doesn't accept the new name. Doesn't sound too enticing to lose 10+ years of DLC, scores, trophies, etc just to change your name from jOhNx-X to Johnny.

Tripolygon

Banned
Probably because a lot of people aren't fond of potentially losing their account's work if the system doesn't accept the new name. Doesn't sound too enticing to lose 10+ years of DLC, scores, trophies, etc just to change your name from jOhNx-X to Johnny.
Have an example of this happeming to anyone?

GreatnessRD

Have an example of this happeming to anyone?
I don't have an example, but Sony warns you that there is a real chance of this happening if you decide to change your name. I haven't bothered to google or see if it actually happened to anyone, but I wouldn't be surprised if it did. As I was telling the other poster, you probably aren't hearing any noise about it because the risk outweights the pros. Also, changing your name isn't ground breaking since people been doing it since 2005 or 2006 with XBL. It's more of a welcome to the party, Sony.

Tripolygon

Banned
I don't have an example, but Sony warns you that there is a real chance of this happening if you decide to change your name. I haven't bothered to google or see if it actually happened to anyone, but I wouldn't be surprised if it did. As I was telling the other poster, you probably aren't hearing any noise about it because the risk outweights the pros. Also, changing your name isn't ground breaking since people been doing it since 2005 or 2006 with XBL. It's more of a welcome to the party, Sony.
Go ahead, google it. You won't find any. In fact, the games Sony even lists as having issues, in reality, do not. They even say PS3 and Vita might not work but in reality, it all works. Nobody has experienced any issues that couldn't be resolved one way or another. Nobody said it was groundbreaking, in fact, PSN has had this feature since 2006 but only Japan PSN had it.

The point was with all the noise that was made about said feature, you would think this thread would be massive with people actually changing their names or complaining about issues they had experienced but nope, it is pretty quiet.

Last edited:

zeorhymer

They just said all of warning just to cover themselves and make sure they touch all the bases. In reality it's probably like .0001% of all users that have issues. ie Just a handful.

Top Bottom