• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You guys like pirates? You guys like Monty Python? You'll LOVE Yellowbeard

Status
Not open for further replies.

MMaRsu

Banned
Yellowbeard_poster.jpg

This is an appreciation thread for a movie which as far as I know, isn't as popular as let's say Life of Brian, but just as brilliant.

It's not a real 'Monty Python' movie, but the humor is alot alike, and many actors from MP play in it as well.

The cast :

Graham Chapman ... Captain Yellowbeard / de: Dotterbart
Peter Boyle ... Moon
Cheech Marin ... El Segundo (as Richard 'Cheech' Marin)
Tommy Chong ... El Nebuloso
Peter Cook ... Lord Percy Lambourn
Marty Feldman ... Gilbert
Martin Hewitt ... Dan
Michael Hordern ... Dr. Gilpin
Eric Idle ... Commander Clement
Madeline Kahn ... Betty
James Mason ... Captain Hughes
John Cleese ... Harvey 'Blind' Pew

I can never really get enough of this movie, Graham Chapman's character is too good not to laugh every single time you see it...

Watch the trailer http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=lpf-xMB-ml8&feature=related

Yes!! I liked this movie when I was younger. I must have it on dvd somehwere, but where did I put it. Or did my parents have it?

1983!!? damn that's old, I must have been 4 when the movie came out, I guess a few odd years later I've seen it.

If you like Life of Brain or any of the other movies Monthy Python put out, this is a must see.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I wonder if this is actually good. It's getting some good responses, but MMaRsu movie threads usually advocate complete shit.

I don't know what to do! Help me!

MMaRsu

Banned
thetrin said:
I wonder if this is actually good. It's getting some good responses, but MMaRsu movie threads usually advocate complete shit.

I don't know what to do! Help me!

:lol Yeah my last movie threads haven't really been good, and the zohan one, I was just high there :lol . But this is a really funny movie, if you that sort of humor. Did you check out the trailer?

eXistor

I can't remember this being that good tbh. I loooove Monty Python though. I could be thinking of Erik the Viking...it's a really long time ago since I last saw both movies.

AkuMifune

Banned
I doubt it's aged well, but I loved it as a kid. Underrated.

Yellowbeard himself may be the greatest screen pirate of all time:

Yellowbeard: She couldn't be your mother. No woman ever slept with me and lived.
:lol

MMaRsu

Banned
AkuMifune said:
I doubt it's aged well, but I loved it as a kid. Underrated.

Yellowbeard himself may be the greatest screen pirate of all time:

:lol

The image quality isn't really the best, there are dvd's but hard to find.
I myself have it on VHS though, and the movie is actually still very funny. And yes especially yellowbeard...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom