• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You own the rights to a franchise and can create 1 game in it. What do you choose?

rokero

Western focused/developed MachRider open world post apocalyptic Mad Max inspired awesomeness, you can get of the bike to go into buildings looking for survivors or Quadrunner hideouts, scavaging for suplies add online multi-player take on challengers in a derby like coliseum, cuztomize your bike and gear with hundreds of different combinations

Skyo

Hmm, give me the Sword art online franchise and some people from From Software.

I will make an MMORPG with Bloodborne & Monster Hunter combat mechanics .

I've always wanted to do something with Bloody Roar. If I had the rights I wouldn't even make it a fighter. I would turn it into a Brawler or Semi-Turn Base RPG with a focus on narrative and co-op combat. Each character would have their own storyline and depending on if you win/lose, characters you team up with, and where you go, the story can take some radical turns. Of course it wouldn't be that ambition but something along those lines.

I just want to play a game with people turning into their animal Stands and kicking ass.

PudieRSC

Eternal Darkness, easily. Focus on like 2-5 eras that are a bit open world and take around 7-10 hours to complete. Not quite sure how you'd work the sanity effects into as well if it's not linear though.

CRAIG667

Make Half Life 3, make sure it's the best game ever created and then only release it on Nokia NGage

...the HL3 troll continues...

Luminaire

Valkyrie.
Profile.
Hrist

I drag tri-Ace back kicking and screaming but swat their hands when touching the story. Drag in Platinum to support/design movement and the environments.

Keep 2D Sidescrolling Exploration for anything indoors, anything outdoors would be 3D, fast and fluid ala Nier Automata. expand on VP2s combat system, make it flashier, smoother, and brutal but also strategic. Break parts and weapons like 2. Keep the story dark as hell as it focuses on Hrist. It covers all of her time across the series before expanding into a full sequel. It also recaps the events of 1 and 2 from her view. Skills, items, moves, combos - all of these are customizable. Characters with a past get Dual moves together. Having characters who like or hate one another give different benefits. Bring back crazy stats and materialize points from 1, portraits and menu art done by VP1 artist.

30 chars, 4 in combat at a time but set up a support team of one or two chars that give a unique bonus. Include a difficulty that is permadeath for Einherjar. Expand Seraphic Gate. Market the shit out of the game.

Then I can die happy.

MrBS

Assassin's Creed

Proper, full fledged mainline entry based entirely around Templars. No softening of the message like in Rogue where you had an Assassin turning Templar to get revenge on the only bad Assassins the franchise has ever seen either. I want a Templar going about furthering the Templar order considering they are always winning the overall fight and taking down Assassin cells all over the place this shouldn't be hard to come up with one scernario where they take out a cell(s). I want 'evil' dammit.

Metal Gear:
Metal Gear 3

Separate timeline branch from Solid, follows MG2.
Open "world", asymmetrical co-op, linear story, heavy cutscenes

or easy choice MG1 & MG2 Remake

Resident Evil

Resident Evil : REremake

New separate Chris campaign
New separate Jill campaign
Rebecca campaign
Barry campaign
Hidden unlockable Wesker campaign.

co-op in the form of RE6's crossover co-op at specific sections(boss fights for example.)

or

a Division style Resident Evil Outbreak "MMO" set in Raccoon City.

Also, I would do Fate/War

A Moba in the fate universe.

Two factions: Red and black with 7 masters (players) each.

Of course, you play as a Master and your unit is the servant.

The servant will have eight categories:

Saber (Dps and tanks)

Lancer (DPS)

Assasins (cristal cannons)

Caster (support)

Ruler(Tanks)

Berserk (change according to the servant)

Archer (long ranged supports)

Rider (Tanks or support)

We can also include some weird class as Shielder (hard tank) and Avengers (the glassest of the cannons :p)

Each team have a grail in their fortress and they have to destroy the grail of the other team.

Instead of the healing fountain, it will be the invocation circle (I remember to heal and replenish mana on some fate series)

Of course, the ultimate attack will be the Noble Phantasm and the masters will have three command spells using them could: Heal a Servant 100%, replenish the mana bar or having him teleported to the invocation circle.

The red team will have skeletons with arrows and axes as creeps and the black team will have homunculus with lances and spells. The catapults will be golems on both sides.

Being an action-based franchise, the combat should be more dynamic, like having to move your servant with WASD and make the special attacks with CVB using your big finger. You will do a quick attack with the left click and a heavy attack with the right one. The abilities will change across all servants but will have some things as Roll to avoid attacks and stuff like that.

Your servant can only carry a single object that will be equipped before the match, like Avalon which restores your HP by 2% per second when you are outside of battle.

I still have to think about the battle arenas and map objectives (like HOTS), but some maps could be: Normal Fuyuki, Fuyuki on flames, Chaldea, Europe, Orleans, Rome, etc.

Is there any way to make a concept of this? :p

Pls don't steal :'(

Pokemon and a shameless gacha game. Why? Because the Internet will trip over itself to defend loot crates for IPs that are popular, so I might as well cash in.

Guevara

Bioshock.

There's so much potential in the series, the first game is one of my favorite all time, and even Infinite had many good ideas. I think we can be done with Rapture, however.

I liked the world of Columbia (in Infinite), I think underground/a salt mine could work (as in Portal 2), I think space or a space station could work of course (as in Prey and other games). I'm sure you could make it work in a remote desert, or an Arctic base (like the movie The Thing).

The Bioshock name is then just a loose connection: a broken utopia, certain gameplay elements, a Big Daddy-type roving mini-boss, etc.

A MacGyver point and click adventure game in the style of Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis. It would be glorious. Get Revolution Studios (Broken Sword) to work together with some key people from the old LucasArts gang and David Lee Zlotoff and BAM. Pixel art all the way.

Final Fantasy. Set it in a 1970s America like world where pimps summon hoes from hell. Black female main character, job system, turn-based, bring back Nobuo Uematsu and get a little funk mixed into the soundtrack.

Earlier this year I would've said Metroid Prime 4, feels good. now though... a Paper Mario game that goes back to the style of TTYD and the original.

Print_Dog

--Ape Escape remake/reboot on PS4.
Developed by Insomniac.( best gadget design)
Incorporate all functions of the controller.
--Tomba remaster.
Looks as good as Parappa, LocoRoco, and Patapon.
Gameplay remains exactly as it is.

Can you guess which was my favorite console growing up.

ron_bato

Dead Space. I just want more Dead Space, with a preference towards designing it ala Dead Space 1.

Tight spaces, dynamic environments with less scripted necromorph encounters, return to non-universal ammo, and focusing on enemy encounters and characters like Challus Mercer.

I'd be fine with a non-continuation of Isaac's story because that shit the bed, so maybe a prequel dead space taking place in Aegis VII when shit went down.

Suikoden.

A super ambitious wuxia story JRPG of 108 characters that combines the mystical intrigue of the 'martial world' and the grounded political spectrum of the 'imperial politics of ancient China-like.'

Top Bottom