• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You thought the text was small in Dead Rising...

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
slade said:
Text is crystal clear on an HDTV but it's still so goddamn small. WTF's going on with this HD era. If you've got average eyesight, you're going to need new glasses on top of the HDTV.

Yeah, I agree. The player list in the lobby for example. I got a 42" plasma, and it's sharp and all but I still found it somewhat hard to read the text...or at least, not very comfortable for my eyes.

Shinobi

TAJ said:
>>>lol SDTV owners, buy yourself a HDTV already.. because nowadays, the developers doesn't care about your TVs anymore.

NINTENDO CARES!<<<

In the case of Nintendo, the cure is worse than the disease.

:lol

Hyoushi said:
demi took a pic:

lostplanetjl9.jpg

:lol :lol :lol

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Demi's pic is exactly what I'm talking about. So ****ing ridiculous. LOL POOR PPL LOL, the text is still ****ing small.

GhaleonEB

Wario64 said:
Demi's pic is exactly what I'm talking about. So ****ing ridiculous. LOL POOR PPL LOL, the text is still ****ing small.
Yikes, that is bad. I couldn't even get INTO a game last night; I thought the small text you were talking about was in the lobby, but it's not too bad. That's TINY. :lol

AAK

Defuser said:
If that happens to DMC4......*loads up shotgun*

What is there to read in DMC? Slamming Beat? No need to worry for DMC... its RE5 that we have to worry about.

Surreal

AAK said:
What is there to read in DMC? Slamming Beat? No need to worry for DMC... its RE5 that we have to worry about.

Well I'd like to know if I'm Hot Stuff or Slamming Beat, it's quite essential to me.

Cronox

Banned
Checked out the demo for this thread. Holy crap the text is small. Definitely smaller than Dead Rising's. On my 40 inch HDTV it's hard to read until I stand up and get about 4 feet from the TV. Too bad the couch is a good 10 feet away...

What the hell were they thinking? Why does text have to be this small, for any reason? Just cause you can do something (on HDTVs), doesn't mean you should.

I want text to be the same size it was in last gen games :(

LukeSmith

Wario64 said:
Wait till you try Lost Planet mutli on a SDTV. Can someone actually read the player list? :lol

Sorry, I dont have any pics but it's sooooo much worse than Dead Rising, holy crap.

I thought I warned everyone of this months ago when I played through LP?

GhaleonEB

Scoot said:
I just can't believe that after the Dead Rising fiasco they wouldn't fix it. Just do some testing with an SDTV, for crying out loud. :(

-Rogue5-

Scoot said:

No, you warned us to Never Eat Shredded Wheat.... but with Wheat before Shredded.

Anyway, I haven't had a chance to play LP MP demo and with R6V hot off the presses I don't know if I'll even bother. Doesn't the final game come out in a couple of weeks? And despite this issue, you guys know LP is going to be the 360's new hotness come early next year (before Mass Effect drops) and have probably already pre-ordered it anyway.

Mareg

Its a feature !!

If it was EA, they would put a font pack on xboxlive market for 800 points to get bigger fonts lol

duckroll

GhaleonEB said:
I just can't believe that after the Dead Rising fiasco they wouldn't fix it. Just do some testing with an SDTV, for crying out loud. :(

Didn't the director of Dead Rising already make it clear that Capcom Japan's stand is that you should have a HDTV before a Xbox360? If so I see no reason why they would "fix" what isn't "broken" in their opinion. There's only so much Capcom USA can do in trying to be nice about it in via PR, but that's not going to change anything.

M3wThr33

Banned
I talked to someone who used to test at Capcom. They have shitty SDTVs. That's what they do most of their testing on.

GhaleonEB

duckroll said:
Didn't the director of Dead Rising already make it clear that Capcom Japan's stand is that you should have a HDTV before a Xbox360? If so I see no reason why they would "fix" what isn't "broken" in their opinion. There's only so much Capcom USA can do in trying to be nice about it in via PR, but that's not going to change anything.
They also had to issue an apology to users when they announced they couldn't/wouldn't patch Dead Rising. I thought since they apologiezed over this one, they wouldn't put themselves in the same situation again. Obviously, I thought wrong.

duckroll

GhaleonEB said:
They also had to issue an apology to users when they announced they couldn't/wouldn't patch Dead Rising. I thought since they apologiezed over this one, they wouldn't put themselves in the same situation again. Obviously, I thought wrong.

No you misunderstand. That's the Capcom USA PR I'm talking about. It's totally unrelated to actual development of the title. The actual developers have made it clear they feel if you don't have a HDTV, you shouldn't be buying their games. Dead Rising came out in Japan months after the US version and it's pretty much the same.

Top Bottom