• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your dream licensed game and the developer making it

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Ask COD fans and 9 times out of 10 they want IW it’s no question, the Modern Warfare series has been unbelievable. So my dream is another continuation of that series. Modern Warfare might be that. I’ll bet on it.

Last edited:
I’m somewhat getting what I want with Cyberpunk 2077, but give me Ghost In The Shell by either CD Projekt Red, Rockstar, or Rocksteady.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Ask COD fans and 9 times out of 10 they want IW it’s no question, the Modern Warfare series has been unbelievable. So my dream is another continuation of that series. Modern Warfare might be that. I’ll bet on it.
I guess I'm the 1/10.

I like Treyarch's Call of Duty games. They don't seem to be bat-crazy with shit in them and play solid. The most consistent quality. World at War and BO games are solid.

IW games are good too, but find it's their earlier games that are best..... unless the new MW game is good too. Ghosts and Infinite were among the worst Call of Duty games. Hit and miss.

Sledgehammer is hit and miss as well. Not a lot of games under their belt. Co-dev MW3 which was good. Advanced Warfare is awful. WWII is decent.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
I guess I'm the 1/10.

I like Treyarch's Call of Duty games. They don't seem to be bat-crazy with shit in them and play solid. The most consistent quality. World at War and BO games are solid.

IW games are good too, but find it's their earlier games that are best..... unless the new MW game is good too. Ghosts and Infinite were among the worst Call of Duty games. Hit and miss.

Sledgehammer is hit and miss as well. Not a lot of games under their belt. Co-dev MW3 which was good. Advanced Warfare is awful. WWII is decent.
That’s fair. I got to give Sledgehammer credit on WWII. Certainly got the feel down.

D3SCHA1N

Black Isle making an isometric Dark Tower game.

Would love to see a game with the universe, but wouldn't care for that perspective or dev...

Medieval Fantasy GTA by Rockstar
Would love to see such a game but couldn't think of an appropriate IP. Something akin to game of thrones without being game of thrones. I envision something with beasts & monsters like minotaurs and trolls and the ability to build a character from the many archetypes the genre is known for be it magic wielding mage, agile, sneaky archer or a brute of a knight.... Seeing a medieval fantasy with the production value of RDR2 in a big beautiful world, oooph, a cream dream haha...

GreyHorace

Bit of a thread necro here, but I had a bit of inspiration of a licensed game I'd want to see:

conan-la-leyenda-620x330.jpg

Conan the Barbarian by Rockstar Games - Wouldn't it be great if the rumored medieval game by Rockstar is a new single player title starring Robert E. Howard's classic sword and sorcery character? Anybody who's read any of the original stories or comics knows Conan ticks all the boxes of a typical Rockstar protagonist. He's an anti-hero who often gets into violent encounters with men and monster alike. Oftentimes he gets into trouble with the local law enforcement of whatever kingdom he ends up in, given his disdain for civilization. Conan is also an experienced thief, and is not above a bit of skulduggery to survive in the harsh world he lives in. Not to mention he really gets around and beds most women he ends up meeting.

For Conan, Rockstar should go with the wild open world they created for Red Dead Redemption 2 and tweak it to fit Howard's Hybioran Age. The ranged combat would be heavily reduced (since there are no guns in Conan's world), and the focus would be on melee combat. Vast tracks of wilderness to explore on horseback with cities dotting the landscape such as Zamora, Hyrkania and Aquilonia. As for the story, I'd say Rockstar should adapt the Dark Horse comics run by Kurt Busiek and Cary Nord. I've been reading the hell out of this series since the quarantine began and enjoyed it, since it sticks close to Robert E. Howard's original stories and even adapts some of them.

A shame though that this game might not happen, since funcom owns the rights to Conan and no doubt will release a shitty new multiplayer game.

SirTerry-T

Captain Kronos-Vampire Hunter (a.k a greatest Hammer Horror film ever)
Ninja Theory with special guest designer Koji Igarashi.

Conan the Barbarian by Rockstar Games - Wouldn't it be great if the rumored medieval game by Rockstar is a new single player title starring Robert E. Howard's classic sword and sorcery character? Anybody who's read any of the original stories or comics knows Conan ticks all the boxes of a typical Rockstar protagonist. He's an anti-hero who often gets into violent encounters with men and monster alike. Oftentimes he gets into trouble with the local law enforcement of whatever kingdom he ends up in, given his disdain for civilization. Conan is also an experienced thief, and is not above a bit of skulduggery to survive in the harsh world he lives in. Not to mention he really gets around and beds most women he ends up meeting.

For Conan, Rockstar should go with the wild open world they created for Red Dead Redemption 2 and tweak it to fit Howard's Hybioran Age. The ranged combat would be heavily reduced (since there are no guns in Conan's world), and the focus would be on melee combat. Vast tracks of wilderness to explore on horseback with cities dotting the landscape such as Zamora, Hyrkania and Aquilonia. As for the story, I'd say Rockstar should adapt the Dark Horse comics run by Kurt Busiek and Cary Nord. I've been reading the hell out of this series since the quarantine began and enjoyed it, since it sticks close to Robert E. Howard's original stories and even adapts some of them.

A shame though that this game might not happen, since funcom owns the rights to Conan and no doubt will release a shitty new multiplayer game.

Bro, as soon as I saw the thread title I was thinking Hyboria. It has so much potential. I'd want a proper, story-rich RPG. Not sure if Rockstar is the best for it though, maybe CDProjekt.

Arkam

IP: Jurassic Park (novel)
Developer: Kojima Productions

The events of the novel, Kojimas narrative and his want to make a horror game, makes this feel like a match made in heaven. Imagine DS in isla Nublar and dinosaurs instead of BT.

Last edited:

GreyHorace

Another necro, but I was inspired.

75316940-a18b-11ea-aba5-475016ea2633_800_420.jpeg

The Mandalorian by Sucker Punch - It's basically a space opera version of Lone Wolf and Cub. And after Ghost of Tsushima, I can't think of any other developer to make this than Sucker Punch.

Kev Kev

81+DfLCMiqL.jpg

no idea how theyd do it. but i want a zombie game based on the slow zombies in this book and his world war z novel (the movie and game is ok but its a pretty wild departure from te zombies Brooks based his books around). id love for it to be have elements from the elder scrolls, GTA and minecraft. be open world with survival/realism atmosphere, crafting, building, etc., also different environments and cool structures to take over and barricade. have things to do inside the forts and fortresses. this shit coudl be so fun i think... state of decay got pretty close, but it still feels too limited for my dream zombie game

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
The Legend of Galactic Heroes
logh-overture-to-a-new-war-featured.jpg

Strategy RPG made by Valkyria Chronicles team or Intelligent Systems.

Last edited:

Danjin44

Silent Hills Kojima + Del toro
Kojima is fine director but I rather see Keiichiro Toyama make next Silent Hill game rather than Kojima. I don't want to see another game that has bunch of celebrities as characters instead of designing original characters.

Danjin44

Berserk By Sony Santa Monica
I liked God of War (2018) a lot but I never ever want to see western developer work on Japanese IP, especially in current western gaming culture lot of stuff will get cut because they consider it "problematic".

I rather see FromSoftware work on that IP.

MiguelItUp

Berserk - From Software
Alien Vs Predator - Monolith
The Thing - Creative Assembly or Illfonic
Event Horizon - Creative Assembly
Darkman - Rocksteady
Robocop - Rockstar
Conan The Barbarian - Rocksteady or Monolith

Rocksteady - The Matrix

Sucker Punch - X -Men

Telltale Games - Futurama

Rockstar - Miami Vice