• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your favorite attack animations?

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Reposting to save from last post on the page.

http://i.minus.com/ihyj3HDaTeceI.gif[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.minus.com/i3go2gLsncf8F.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

[quote="Mogwai, post: 72283051"]Someone, please post those attack animation gifs from Dark Souls.[/QUOTE]

I've actually made a couple more, lemme find em.

[quote="AlucardGV, post: 72307766"][IMG]http://i.minus.com/ir2TLSciDoQbB.gif[IMG]

dat gold tracer[/QUOTE]

I updated the Gold Tracer one. That one is super laggy. The new one I made is nice and smooth in slow motion.

[img]http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/139/c/4/gold_tracer_by_alo81-d65v32a.gif

This was the weapon I used throughout most of the game, so I really love the Scythe.

scythe_by_alo81-d67v4qd.gif

Someone mentioned the Artorias flip which I definitely agree with.

artorias_flip_smash_by_alo81-d6ervf1.gif

I love the heft of the Black Knight Great Sword.

This is at 1/3 speed

black_knight_great_sword_150_with_blur_by_alo81-d6ervga.gif

I've got a couple more but I don't wanna clog this thread. I just really love the animations in Dark Souls.

While I'm not a fan of most ultras in Street Fighter 4 due to their lengthy drawn out nature, there are a couple that I'm fond of. But mostly, supers in Street Fighter have always been great. A couple favs from Second Impact here:

Here's the classic, one of my favourite things about it is the forceful slam of the opponent right after the KO disappears.
ic7m9jYanTFka.gif

This is one of my favourite moves in Street Fighter period, and with all they could do at the time the zooms and the pauses during the punches to the gut just make it all the more impactful.
ibrBXQ309BKMnM.gif

I just like Urien's moves overall, but this one in particular is great. Repeated tackles knocking you all the way across the stage and finishing it off with a clothesline.
ibnWUk3yzvTxKw.gif

And Sean's moves slamming you down were always satisfying to do.
ihtmLye24welR.gif

ibxuOcfoR4UE01.gif

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Are you okay? BUSTAAAAAA WOLF!

tumblr_lu9slsT43G1r3xsdyo1_400.gif
AWWW YISSS! I was about to post it.

So much Violence, technique and swag in a single move. Got damn.

EDIT: For those wondering, the game is Garou: Mark of The Wolves

Espada

Cloud's Omnislash
Barret's Unger/Angermax
Tifa's Final Heaven
Vector Cannon in ZOE 2
Shen Woo's "Shensplosion" Neomax in KoF XIII
Lethality in Fire Emblem: Awakening
Damn near everything Sol and Slayer do in GG
Nebilim's Fragmented End from Tales of the Abyss

I know there's more, but these are the ones I could think of off the top of my head.

rataven

Cloud's Omnislash
Barret's Unger/Angermax
Tifa's Final Heaven

Dang, the limit break attack names are so awesome in VII.

Great Gospel, Doom of the Living, Lunatic High, Braver, Super Nova, Beat Rush, Hellmasker, All Creation....

Though admittedly some of those are a little lacking in execution.

Atlantis

Great Gospel, Doom of the Living, Lunatic High, Braver, Super Nova, Beat Rush, Hellmasker, All Creation....

Yuffie's Limit Breaks had such cool names, Doom of the Living being my personal favorite.

Not flashy at all, but Back Blast from The Old Republic was probably one of the most satisfying attacks I've ever used. The sound effect and animation were great.

Espada

Oh yeah, some of them are just recolored animations or just fall flat. Still, many of them are worthy of their name. Doom of the Living was some crazy berserk slashfest from Yuffie, for example. Great stuff.

Yuffie's Limit Breaks had such cool names, Doom of the Living being my personal favorite.

Her best limit break has the best name, gotta love it.

All this FFVII talk reminded me of Bahamut Fury's attack animation. This thing comes out of deep space, circles the planet, weaponizes the moon, and drops a beam the size of a continent on the target. Obscene.

Lunar15

ii4S5KU4DpkGy.gif

Chie's galactic punt might not be the flashiest thing ever, but damn if it isn't satisfying.

DEALNOOB.gif

Saints Row knows what's up.

godhand.gif

And finally, any roulette move from God Hand. Any one. Can't find too many gif's though.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
In the other direction, in the game Rule of Rose for the PS2, even though the battle system was bad for other reasons, I loved the animations with the knife. Jennifer looked away and swung the knife blindly at the enemies.

Espada

Shift to Vector Cannon Mode
All energy lines connected.
Landing gear and climbing irons locked.
Inner chamber pressure rising normally
LIFE ring has started revolving
Ready to Fire
>>Insert giant doom laser animation<<
Cancel vector cannon mode.

You know you're in for fun times when the attack you're performing has a lengthy, step-by-step activation procedure.
Taking down and entire fleet of capitol ships with it is just... wow

Major B.S.

Neo Member
sf3-ryu-sa2.gif

Probably already up here, but I don't care. First time I saw this in SF3 New Generation at the arcade I practically gushy cheered and made the whole arcade think I was deficient. Good times.

i get that those dark souls animations look nice when paired with actual gameplay but when they're isolated like that they're no more impressive than what you can find in a dynasty warriors game

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
...fine!

morrigan8xqin.gif

leileiujprw.gif

kosmostelos5npze.gif

kaguya4grpv.gif

miizqofa.gif

reilaoho60.gif

What is this?! It's like John Woo commissioned a JRPG. Did I miss a memo or something?

Blame Sega for not advertising it. :(

Looks great, but I hope there is a quick animation option, or that was only for criticals, if every attack takes that long, battles will take too long :/

It's actually pretty fast in video form. XY will be as fast as Gen 5.

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
Mine's definitely Vol'Jin from DotA but I can't find a jif.

Top Bottom