• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your Favorite / Least Favorite Sonic Game. All platforms. All generation

This is hard for me....

All platforms.... All generation

I gotta go with the goat.

Favorite: Sonic Advance 2 (GBA)
Notable mentioned: Sonic Colors , Sonic Rush.
Least Favorite: Generation (I know blasphemy)
I played Adventure on the Dreamcast but I can't deny The 3 mentioned.

Give me 1 favorite, 2 mentions only and 1 least favorite THAT YOU PLAYED.

EDIT: Dammit I forgot Sonic Rush... I can't change it now

Last edited:

kunonabi

Favorite is Secret Rings or Adventure.

Least favorite is hard to say since I haven't played most of the really terrible ones.

Maybe Black Knight since instead of just fixing Secret Rings weaknesses it basically removed all the good elements making the improved controls completely meaningless.

anthony2690

Banned
Favourite:
Sonic 3 & knuckles, Sonic Mania, Sonic Generations.

Least favourite:
Sonic Heroes (I really wanted to love this game, but it's just bad), Sonic 06 (I got this with my x360, as a huge sonic fan, I desperately tried to force myself through the game)

I can imagine my least fave list would be bigger, but I've never played shadow the hedgehog or the Wii games. (With the exception of colours with the remaster, it's just okay imo)

Favorite: Adventure 2. Played the shit out of it on the Dreamcast.

Least favorie: Haven't played enough Sonic game to have one. Those I played I didn't dislike.

Favorite: Sonic 3 and Knuckles
Honorable mentions: Sonic CD, Sonics 1 and 2, Sonic Advance 2, Sonic Adventures, Sonic Unleashed
Least favorite: Sonic Forces

Last edited:

BryceNobody

Favorite: Sonic Heroes. Always liked Heroes more than Adventure for some reason.

Least favorite: Sonic the Hedgehog 4. Whoever approved the visuals of that game should be arrested.

Last edited:

93xfan

Banned
Favorite: Sonic 3

Favorite 3D: Sonic Adventure

Least Favorite: Sonic Adventure 2 (due to levels with Knuckles and Eggman)

Really looking forward to the new game, btw

Favorite: Sonic Adventure on the Dreamcast - Fun, 3D Adventure with pretty graphics and lots of different ways to play!
Least Favorite: Sonic Chaos on the Game Gear - Shitty, 2D Non-adventure with shitty graphics and barely even one way to play!

Disclaimer: This is entirely based on my memory of them when I played them concurrent upon their releases. I am not attempting to objectively judge them in any way whatsoever.

Y0ssarian

Banned
My favourite Sonic game is whatever one I'm playing at that moment! I'm playing Unleashed (Series X) at the moment, and last month I beat Sonic Advance 2 & Colors (DS).

Least favourite is Sonic Heroes.

Last edited:

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
Fav is Sonic 2

Least fav is Sonic Generations (what a boring game, I hate sonic adventure and sonic 06 is flat out broken but at least those games don't bore me)

Favorite: Sonic CD or Sonic Adventure. For a spin-off, I absolutely loved Sonic R as a kid for the unironically amazing soundtrack.

Least: Shadow the Hedgehog made me drop Sonic altogether and never look back.

Belthazar

Favorite: Sonic 3 & Knuckles (unmatched and possibly my favorite game of all time)

Honorable mentions: Sonic Generations, Sonic Mania

Less favorite: Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric (not only a bad game, but not even an actual Sonic game)

Dishonorable mentions: Shadow the Hedgehog, Sonic 06.

Last edited:
Top Bottom