• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your favorites pre-rendered background

balgajo

I will go with the outside portion of Temple of Time.
tot.jpg
file_0510.jpg

Man, how I wanted to be able to explore this backyard. Seeing Death Mountain and be able to visit it later is pretty cool too.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
FFVII, the absolute best

ZcxcXlE.gif

lSTdOuQ.gif

I5VJLsX.gif

Wools

Neo Member
I completed my yearly play through of Resident Evil 2 yesterday so that game is firmly lodged in my mind!

The shot below I really love, not just because it looks good but how it comes alive in-game. If you can make out the small flare gun in the centre of the frame, Leon can light it which sends a flare into the background lighting up the surrounding area and it looks so beautiful.

latest

Also, the detail in this scene is immense for the 32bit generation.

latest

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I love REmake (one of my favorite games of all time) but let's be real - that's a fanmade pic. Neither emulator nor the PS4 "remake" can create those graphics.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I love REmake (one of my favorite games of all time) but let's be real - that's a fanmade pic. Neither emulator nor the PS4 "remake" can create those graphics.

Not a fan made pic. It's an official Capcom made render from back when the game originally launched they used for promotions.

DJIzana

I was going to say Chrono Cross as well but since that was posted already.... Legend of Dragoon is actually my pick.

Forest.jpg

Wingly_Forest_1.jpg

ghibli99

It's not out yet, but this prerendered BG shot from Pillars of Eternity (Obsidian Kickstarter) captures my imagination in the best nostalgic PC way:

pe-screenshot-001-1920x1080.jpg

Chrono Cross and Baten Kaitos were already posted (Yasuyuki Honne is the best!), as was Legend of Mana (SaGa Frontier 2 had a great watercolor artstyle too).

So I'll mention Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge:

5gV1Nju.jpg

oiF9gJG.gif

89rWQy4.jpg

pSiLe03.png

xnv7zda.gif

243C0G4.png

uOmqXSz.gif

01sdOLR.gif

zUja2XZ.jpg

GxxfAcG.jpg

BY8v4RC.jpg

Dimmle

The stuff in OoT and FFVII always gets my nostalgia going.

The borders of OoT's prerendered backgrounds fueled many a playground rumor.

bosseye

Anything from the GC Resi remake naturally, they blew my mind.

But also, anything from Commandos/Commandos 2 etc, they were errrrmezzin.

commandos2_41.jpg

commandos2_96.jpg

commandos2_79.jpg

Top Bottom