• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your most glorious and satisfying achievement in a game?

Raiden

Banned
Sorry for another thread but im just full of ideas(that already have been done before) but i just had to post this :D

1.Splinter Cell 2 online: The nr 1&2 in the world Rankings came to challenge us, we full with fear z0mg they'll beat the living crap out of them. In the end we pre-vailed with a full elimination of the mercenarys(6lives)

2.Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory online. Pre-patch bug, if you did some shit you could disable the mercenary's vision, moves etc...in RANKED matches. We played against those cheaters and won it "instinct style" with no items like , grenades, mines etc we beated the living crap out of them.

God i love you Annecy.

Raiden

Banned
Ow yeah finishing Halo on Legendary in Co-op is certainly in my top 10, not that hard but extremely satisfying.

bumpkin

Honestly? I'm almost afraid to share knowing how good some of you guys are at games... But what the hell.

- When I finish *any* Resident Evil game. Love the series, but I'm lousy at them.

- When I finished Super Mario Bros. The Lost Levels by playing straight through.

- When I finally beat SF2:CE on eight-star difficulty.

- When I beat MGS three times to unlock the "Bond" outfit for Snake.

- When I nearly finished DOOM on the PSOne. Before that I'd never play the PC game without God mode on. That's how bad I am at FPS'es.

LakeEarth

Super Metroid - Beaten in 1:02
WWF : No Mercy - pin victory in 28 seconds (falls count anywhere), submission in 47 seconds
Super Mario Land - beaten with the Gameboy upsidedown the entire time
Geometry Wars : Evolved - current top score 1150000, got 7th on the scoreboard (I think I'm 14th now, Condemned has distracted me)

Jeff-DSA

I finished Super Mario Bros. 2 without getting hit a single time.

Funny story though....I was bragging to my friend that I could do it without dying and he said he wanted to see it. When I to show him is when I pulled it off without even getting hit. He and I were both pretty excited when I managed to pull it off.

Also, I managed to win for my city in the Blockbuster Videogame Championship. I couldn't go further because I broke my wrist riding my bike the same day I wrapped up the city championship.

bumpkin

LakeEarth said:
Super Metroid - Beaten in 1:02
No Mercy - pin victory in 28 seconds (falls count anywhere), submission in 47 seconds.
Super Mario Land - beaten with the Gameboy upsidedown the entire time
I used to know this kid who would play NES games with the controller upside down. The scary part was he was a fucking whiz at them. He downright punked Mike Tyson's Punchout.

LakeEarth

bumpkin said:
I used to know this kid who would play NES games with the controller upside down. The scary part was he was a fucking whiz at them. He downright punked Mike Tyson's Punchout.
I was just a bored 8 year old :lol

EekTheKat

I 9'd out a Virtua Cop 1 machine :lol

(as in a 99,999,999 score or whatever the maximum was).

Virtua Cop 2 made me it's bitch though :lol I wasn't nearly as good in that game as the first.

bumpkin

LakeEarth said:
I was just a bored 8 year old :lol
I think we were around the same age at the time. He was a friend of my friend's brother, who was a year or two younger than us.

jett

D-Member
MGS2: Beating Vamp in extreme with no rations and barely any life left. That was a fucking bitch, and took me a couple of days to get his patterns down perfectly. One mistake meant instant death. :p This is one game I can honestly say I'm really good at. MGS3's difficulty(or lack thereof) was a disappointment for me, no doubt.

Dragon Warrior VII: Simply finishing this thing was a monumental task.

blackadde

Sniping very good flying medics on 2fort (TFC).
Techie / Pudge combo in DotA, after a couple games we were like 120-5 for the day.

Matix

Playing, loving, and ending the wonderful experince which is Gitaroo-Man (PS2).

Other notable mentions, ending Valis 3 (SG), Comix Zone (SG) Y's 1&2 (TG16-CD), Road Avenger (SegaCD), Lunar 1 (SegaCD), Street Fighter 2010 (NES), Ninja Gaiden 3 (NES), Golgo 13 (NES), Red Alert (TG16-CD), Sky Blazer (SNES), Super Castlevania (SNES), etc....

Raiden

Banned
Forgot:

World of Warcraft, i was a Lv 30 Paladin, a lv 37 Tauren Druid tryed to kill me, i ended up killing the mofo and dancing by his corpse for 5 minutes.

SantaC

I was 9 years old, and playing Zelda 1. My older brother and his friends had reached the dungeons where you had to push yourself against a wall in 1-2 seconds in order to advance. I remember very well that my brother and his friends were stuck in this forever and had no clue what to do. No magazines, no internet, nothing :p

so I played around on the file, and out of boredom I pushed myself at a wall, and viola :D

guess if my brother was happy I found out.

lachesis

hmmm... I'd say getting S rank on all maps (including mission maps) on Advance Wars for GBA. (1st one, not 2nd one.) except 2 maps. (which I'm still workin on).

Also, I felt great when I finished the RE4's merc mode to get the Chicago Type-writer.

lachesis

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Jesus Christ, beating Mike Tyson, no fucking contest. I went yelping and jumping all over my apartment when that asshole finally went down. Ah, those were the days.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
jett said:
Dragon Warrior VII: Simply finishing this thing was a monumental task.
thread over

110 hours in the game and I still haven't finished it.

Amir0x

Banned
Finally completing everything there is to do in F-Zero GX. This is one ridiculously challenging game. And I adored every god-damned minute.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
-- 2 1/2 hour SFIII:3S winning streak @ Einstiens Arcade in Austin. (pretty competitive spot).

-- Beating PSO Ep. II on Ultimate with HUcast by myself. (im sure others have done it, but damn was it hard)

-- Beat Legendary Wings without dying once.

Razoric

Banned
I can't remember the exact number but something like a 120 hit combo with orchid (KI SNES) took me forever to pull that shit off

And I have tons of different PK / Anti-PK stories from Ultima Online. Stealth attacks, wars, ambushes, murders, robberies, breaking in houses, etc. Ahh good times.

- Beating everything but the last story mode level in very hard mode in F-Zero GX. I have to beat that some time.

- Killing 1300 units in one online Starcraft game.

And I hate some of you guys. Every trophy in SSBM??? Ikaruga with 0 deaths?????? HOW THE FUCK!

I don't have much achievements in gaming. I guess beating MGS2 without beening seen, getting all the dog tags, and no kills on hard the first playthough is one. That was freakin' rediculous after a while, must have been like 30 hours realtime playing MGS2. I didn't dare try to play extreme playing like that. I'm tried to get through MGS3 like that, but damn, you go from powerhouse to quivering scared little girl just like that under such play conditions.

I guess I could add going through Halo 2 on Heroic as one too. Heroic was enough for me. I commend anyone that goes through that game on Legendary.

fartblast

Banned
Finishing Halo 2 on Legendary is the highlight of my gaming career and it didn't even update my fucking profile it just left it as Normal aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Jeff-DSA

tapedeck said:
-- Beat Legendary Wings without dying once.

Once you power up to the Phoenix status you're pretty much unstoppable. I had a friend finish the game without powering up at all. That was insane...

I use to kick all forms of ass in Quake online. This was back in the day when Quake ignited the online gaming scene and it was all new. Carmack, at one point, introduced a Quake World build that made online play alot smoother through the use of prediction, and for awhile it kept track of your overall ranking by keeping score of the number of times you killed someone minus the number of times you were killed. So, for instance, if you got 10 frags, but died 6 times, your rank would be 4. It kept this for all games when you played online, and 99% of the players had negative scores. It was not uncommon to see -3000 scores at all. Good players had positive scores, often in the hundreds. Mine rank/score was over 3000. I'd jump on servers, and people would clear out, and accuse me of being a LPB'er (Low Ping Bastard). But back then, I was still on dial-up. :lol

One memorable session I was playing online with a friend, who wasn't even close to being in my league, and we jumped on a server together. I rattled off more than 50 kills in a row without dying before someone finally got me, but it was a matter of people jumping on the server, seeing me owning it, and then leaving again after a few minutes. Ah...those were the days. :)

I'm still a good first person shooter player. I played Halo 2 death match with some friends for the first time a few months back. They knew the maps, weapons, and the like, but once I got my bearins, I owned them completely too. Wasn't even close. :D

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
-- Holding world records in Super Monkey Ball/Monkey Ball 2 (I was 9th in the world and one of those guys you see pulling off crazy shit in videos).

-- that's all that comes to mind off-hand, although I know I have more...

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Jeff-DSA said:
Once you power up to the Phoenix status you're pretty much unstoppable. I had a friend finish the game without powering up at all. That was insane...

o_O...Your friend > Me. I have a new challenge...

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
I completed all the Goldeneye cheat code challenges, including the Goldeneye Facility 1:05 time run to unlock the invincibility cheat code.

I beat Target Earth (Genesis) without dying.

I used to be able to clock Ghouls'n'Ghosts in a single credit.

I got 100% (Winged Death) ranking on Panzer Dragoon Zwei.

Skullkid

SantaCruZer said:
I was 9 years old, and playing Zelda 1. My older brother and his friends had reached the dungeons where you had to push yourself against a wall in 1-2 seconds in order to advance. I remember very well that my brother and his friends were stuck in this forever and had no clue what to do. No magazines, no internet, nothing :p

so I played around on the file, and out of boredom I pushed myself at a wall, and viola :D

guess if my brother was happy I found out.

That "walk through walls" bit was crazy when I was a kid. You never had to do that through the entire first quest, then all of a sudden they throw that at you. If I remember correctly, you could tell from the map that you had to do "something" to advance because there was no other way. I beat the 2nd quest with my brother without clues which was quite an achievement back in the day. :D

Other gaming achievements, besides finishing Zelda and helping my friends do the same, include beating Mike Tyson's Punch-Out, Rygar, and Blaster Master. Probably my biggest achievement was finally beating the Grim Reaper in Castlevania after months of attemps. I actually used to have dreams about beating him before I pulled it off. Now, finishing games aren't a big deal since they are designed to be finished with only marginal challenge. It's all about hard mode and speed runs. I guess F-zero GX would qualifty since I unlocked almost everything, which was quite a challenge but fun.

Raiden

Banned
Keru_Shiri said:
When I was 6, beating the first boss in SMB3. Videogames have been about 95% easier since. :)

Yeah, everybody has this game when you finish it you realise you just lifted yourself to a higher level.
Mine was Perfect Dark 64, games turned so simple logical all the sudden.

Hmmm...
*thinks of creating another thread*

nah

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
ChennehCis said:
Prooooopppssssss, I have yet to master it >_<

Oh, I haven't mastered it. At least not the official, real, straight up way. That method is more miss than hit for me. I have gotten really good at buffering it into a close LK though. So damn gratifying. :)

Raiden said:
Yeah, everybody has this game when you finish it you realise you just lifted yourself to a higher level.
Mine was Perfect Dark 64, games turned so simple logical all the sudden.

Hmmm...
*thinks of creating another thread*

nah
:lol It was nice ascending the "Tee hee I ran Mario into a turtle" seven times level that my cousins to this day seem perpetually stuck in, to the "Omigosh I kicked the turtles ass!" My enjoyment of video games in general rose substantially as well, since then.

Top Bottom