• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your most used PS4 themes

D.Final

Banned
I use Final Fantasy XV Theme

Big Bang - Amano artwork :messenger_smiling_hearts:
and Yoko Shimomura - Somnus :messenger_smiling_hearts:

And, sometimes, I also use the alternative of
Final Fantasy XV - Piano Collection :messenger_smiling_hearts:

And also the wonderful one of
Final Fantasy VII Remake :messenger_smiling_hearts:

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
dragon-quest-xi-ps4-theme.original.jpg

Hostile_18

Banned
anyone pre-ordered TLoU Digital Deluxe Edition? I'd like to see how is the dynamic theme

I wanted an excuse to buy the special edition but the extra bits arnt worth it for me. Still be interested to see it though, in the UK all pre order themes only unlock on release.

Fake

Legacy Dashboard Theme.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member

I like the icons and the music

plus shit is free

bronk

Banned

Love music on this one. Randomly it reminds me of Hill Climb Racing game or something.

The guy screaming in this one is hilarious.

The must have Christmas theme.

Really love this one.

Great Halloween theme

Another for Halloween

Fantastic background music. I dont know why but it reminds me of Ken Griffey Jr. presents Major League Baseball

This one is pretty cool.

My go to Fall theme. Hits the nostalgia button for me big time don't know why.

Vaporwave theme #aesthetic

bronk

Banned
do i really wanna pay 2 bucks for an A E S T H I C theme with terrible music :unsure:
Haha in my defense i paid 99cents. I think I paid a few bucks in themes total. That still probably puts me in the weirdo that pays for themes bracket though. Don't judge too harshly 😅

Shifty

The bland-ass super boring no-fun-allowed dull uninteresting yawnfest default theme is the only theme for me.

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
I use Final Fantasy XV Theme

Big Bang - Amano artwork :messenger_smiling_hearts:
and Yoko Shimomura - Somnus :messenger_smiling_hearts:

And, sometimes, I also use the alternative of
Final Fantasy XV - Piano Collection :messenger_smiling_hearts:

And also the wonderful one of
Final Fantasy VII Remake :messenger_smiling_hearts:

Sometimes I use that FFVII one just for the music.

Manus

Man the PS4 themes have nothing on some of the PS3 themes. XMB may have been obtuse, but it was pretty.

The Subnautica is one of my recent favorite ones.

Last edited:

Gargus

Banned
I never used one till I got the steel book of no mans sky. I loved the theme that came with it and I've had it up ever since.

maxresdefault.jpg

The limited edition theme wording at the bottom isnt actually on the theme.

Last edited:

Ryu Kaiba

The dynamic themes are generally shite. There's nothing dynamic about them except a change of static background. Why is there no animation on any of them? Firewatch is the best theme I've seen yet as that actually does something different.

Thanks for the Mirror's Edge Catalyst post, that one looks half decent so I'll try it out.
Unfortunately you can't it was only available as a Digital pre-order Bonus. I bought the game day one and I didn't get it and have been salty ever since.

DelireMan7

I use the Journey theme for quite a while now. I love this music.
Sometime I try something different but it's never as good as this one, so I immediately switch back ^^

Buyukbaba

Neo Member
I use these 2, both of them are stylish, especially ellie's main screen transaction through the icons is refreshing.

Last edited:
I primarily use the following from Truant Pixel

PS2 theme

Cherry Blossom Remastered

Solar Winds (most used)

Also I throw in the Resident Evil 20th anniversary theme a lot and this Ace Combat 7 theme

One more forgotten theme that was great is the Transistor theme

ADDITIONAL:
I forgot the Light Stream dynamic theme this is what I'm actually using atm. This has little sparkles in it similar to that on the PS3. It's hard to tell in the video.

On a side note I have a community on PlayStation called 'Show off your PS4 home screen' it has 70 members in it not super active but it's a good way to share the themes on there for others.

Last edited:

Ar¢tos

I use the Journey theme for quite a while now. I love this music.
Sometime I try something different but it's never as good as this one, so I immediately switch back ^^

Same, but I prefer the dynamic theme. I change for about a week then go back to the journey theme for a few months. One of the Dark Souls 3 themes is also very good (only embers remains, I think it's called).

Nero_PR

Banned
I don't really care anymore about themes. Since I switched my Hard Drive I never used any other theme aside from the default. Even the themes that come with the games I buy, I don't even inspect them hahaha.

Top Bottom